Hoyer, Mallett and Glennon

AFJF

1 hour ago, NoBowles said:

Ive been saying this from day 1. While the Idzik loving crew like Sperm, dbatesman and Shane like to destroy everything that Maccagnan has done, all logic dictates that he was just doing what his boss wanted. Maccagnan picked the players other than Revis, but he was very clearly given a mandate to win now with a sh*t roster. The only one who was ever given the ability to rebuild was Idzik, and he sh*t the bed so bad in so many ways. This disaster has been in the works since 2012, and its probably going to get worse before it gets better and Im not convinced it will ever really get better with this moron owner. Woody is amongst the worst owners in all professional sports. He had a fortunate first 11 years or so, as far as playoff appearances, but now we are seeing the real Woody Johnson and the effects of it.

Idzik had the courage of his convictions.

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

The Jets sure do look bad when we apply all of the assumptions inherent in this post and treat them like they were facts.

+1

Some folks just don't understand how this all works.  

Media Report of Interest =/= Interest

Interest =/= Interest at any Price

Repeat these two things till understood, will make the offseason far less frustrating fro some folks.

Just now, Warfish said:

+1

Repeat these two things till understood, will make the offseason far less frustrating fro some folks.

All the reports said Mac was offering $8-10 mil per but yeah no story there

3 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Idzik had the courage of his convictions.

Idzik never should have been hired. He was only hired because the moron asshat owner insisted that the incoming GM kept the asshat moron baby HC. I don't blame Idzik for his incompetence, I blame Woody. 

14 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Idzik never should have been hired. He was only hired because the moron asshat owner insisted that the incoming GM kept the asshat moron baby HC. I don't blame Idzik for his incompetence, I blame Woody. 

Idzik was part of the front office team that set up Seattle for success.  Idzik was saddled with a sh*tacular coach in rex and Idzik did pretty well everything right other than draft and for that he was rightfully fired.  Mac should be on the watch list unless he absolutely hits on his picks in the 1st three round.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Idzik was part of the front office team that set up Seattle for success.  Idzik was saddled with a sh*tacular coach in rex and Idzik did pretty well everything right other than draft and for that he was rightfully fired.  Mac should be on the watch list unless he absolutely hits on his picks in the 1st three round.

Even beyond drafting, he showed zero interest in making sure he locked down the QB position. He took Geno Smith, and then after seeing him up close and personal, passed on 3 potential franchise QB's the next year, for a safety. He was a contract guy, he had zero to do with personnel or personnel strategy. 

35 minutes ago, Warfish said:

+1

Not only that, but we don't know what the Jets plan at QB is.  Perhaps the Jets take Watson?  Perhaps it's Hack's job to lose?  Perhaps it's Petty's job to lose?  Are the Jets actually tanking?  If so, the other jobs in that case are certainly more attractive.

44 minutes ago, thadude said:

All the reports said Mac was offering $8-10 mil per but yeah no story there

Reading not your strong suit I see.  Let me repeat:

Enjoy rooting for the Bears next year Dude.   Take Villian with you.

33 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Even beyond drafting, he showed zero interest in making sure he locked down the QB position. He took Geno Smith, and then after seeing him up close and personal, passed on 3 potential franchise QB's the next year, for a safety. He was a contract guy, he had zero to do with personnel or personnel strategy. 

Why are you always rambling about Idzik? 

3 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

No it does not. Teams knew the situation here and I would be willing to bet the Buc's wanted a hell of a lot from the Jets to get Glennon and it probably made the deal prohibitive to pull off. The rest of the available field of QB's were all back up's just like Fitz was projected to be but they had zero experience in the Gailey offense. Mac did what he had to do and the reason he had to drag his feet was probabl;y due to him trying to wait out some teams including the Bucs to see if he could get his deal.

We are carrying dead money on the cap from the craptastic Fitz deal.   There were no other bidders, Fitz had no other options, but still we paid $12M for 1 year with dead $ carrying into '17.....alll of this with no other bidders for Fitz services in the middle of July.  

We have drafted two upper level QB prospects in the last two drafts in Petty and Hackenburg.  In order for this to be anything short of a complete dumpster fire (like bringing in someone else's developmental guy like Glennon or Mallet for big money), we should at least be looking to spend this year seeing if either one of those two guys can play now that they have had time in an NFL QB room.  Bringing in anyone other than a veteran voice to aid in that development (like Hoyer) makes little sense for us right now.  I would predict we bring in a Luke McCown and go with the kids for most of the year to see what we have.  It does not make for a sexy offseason, but it is really what will lead to the best outcome eventually as opposed to constantly chasing your tail by chasing other team's cast offs.  And I know someone will say that the Bucs wanted to keep Glennon, but if they viewed him as this super bowl worthy starter, they never even draft Winston to begin with.

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Mac was in a bad spot and his only option without getting raped by other teams in a trade was to sign Fitz. 12 mil as it goes is slightly below the starting QB floor and thats exactly where Fitz stood slightly below starter level.

I think its about time people understand the Money Involved in the QB market because many here do not. Starting QB';s when it comes down to it via free agency range from 15 mil up to 25 mil if the right guys comes along.

Couldn't Mac have let Geno start??????  If not, why have Geno on the team?

13 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Couldn't Mac have let Geno start??????  If not, why have Geno on the team?

you have geno on the team because he was still cheap but if your owner is wanting to win NOW you do not start Geno EVER after the QB you signed for 12 mil (which is just below what a starter is making) throws 31 TD's and is familiar with the offense.

23 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

Add in the fact we have a lame duck gm and coach that wont be back.....

don't be so sure of that.  if this team is in a rebuild mode and woody is on board it will take more than just a bad record to force bowles or mac out.  imo bowles and mac will both stay if the team shows some sound football and battles every game. what changed from 2015to 2016? they stopped being a team in 2016.  i don't buy the whole tougher schedule theory because they could easily have been 8-8 except for a few bad plays and balls not bouncing their way.  of course a little inspired play by the fat cats might have worked too.

also, the nfl is a business .  there are maybe 4 or 5 coaches who can be assured their jobs will be secure after this coming season.  all players have to deal with coaching changes.

Archived