Tony Jefferson turned down more money from Jets to sign w/ Balt

AFJF

10 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

@MMehtaNYDN: .@NYJets did not offer safety Tony Jefferson $1.5M/year more than the Ravens, as he claimed to @Andy_Benoit. Ravens gave him 4-year, $36M.

FAKE NEWS

So we believe Manish today?

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

And BTW, why is this a thread to begin with? There is no purpose for this topic except to cause trouble. Shame on you AJAF

Are you serious?  Players announcing that they refused more money from the Jets to sign elsewhere isn't a significant piece of info for Jets fans who may want to know what players really think of the organization right now?  Really?

Just now, AFJF said:

Are you serious?  Players announcing that they refused more money from the Jets to sign elsewhere isn't a significant piece of info for Jets fans who may want to know what players really think of the organization right now.  Really?

A: Not if it's false, as it has been conjectured.

B: Fans already know that top FAs aren't coming to a rebuild so there's no point for it. It's basically superflous

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

A: Not if it's false, as it has been conjectured.

B: Fans already know that top FAs aren't coming to a rebuild so there's no point for it

Okay, so from now on, we should only post positive Jets news.  JetPropaganda.com.

1 minute ago, sourceworx said:

Reporters are kicking us while we're down. Things are bad enough without them making sh!t up. 

None of us know what's true and what isn't, but who has more incentive to lie?  

1) Reporters who want clicks?

2) Players who get the same money no matter what they say, and previously played for Todd Bowles?

Just now, AFJF said:

2) Players who get the same money no matter what they say, and previously played for Todd Bowles?

The problem with that is if Manish wants more clicks, he would agree with Jefferson, one would surmise.

1 minute ago, AFJF said:

So are you saying even former players of Todd Bowles dont want to play for him.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

The problem with that is if Manish wants more clicks, he would agree with Jefferson, one would surmise.

I disagree.  Corroborating a player's story just  means you're repeating what he already said.

Claiming the player is a liar gets more attention.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

One posted click bait, and two refuted it. Believe who you want to, I guess. 

Just now, sourceworx said:

One posted click bait, and two refuted it. Believe who you want to, I guess. 

I will.  Just seems odd for a player to needlessly lie.

Even if Manish is telling the "truth", it's gonna' be a team source who isn't going to admit that a player took less money to go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

But AJAF, the point is it doesn't matter. OF course he would choose the Ravens over the Jets and Browns (Who you didn't put in the title of the thread, I wonder why?)

Only a 1.5m difference? Of course I would go to a winner.

Gotcha.  We can agree to disagree, but I think that when a premier free agent says publicly that he chose less money to not play for the Jets, it's noteworthy.

Just now, AFJF said:

Gotcha.  We can agree to disagree, but I think that when a premier free agent says publicly that he chose less money to not play for the Jets, it's noteworthy.

Well, when the difference is only 1.5m, it seems like the logical move. Now if he turned down 10m more to play for a winner, that's news.

2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

I will.  Just seems odd for a player to needlessly lie.

Even if Manish is telling the "truth", it's gonna' be a team source who isn't going to admit that a player took less money to go elsewhere.

Manish loves sh!tting all over the Jets. Gary Myers is the only one who takes more pleasure in doing so. For him to say this didn't happen gives it more credibility.

20 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

He might be, but he's better than John Idzik was. And if he blows this draft, he goes bye bye

What if two of Anderson, smith, Peake, Marshall break out next year and lee emerges as a great lber?

Unless every draft pick from this year's draft is a bust there really isn't one thing that will get macc fired at this point. 

I know it's fun to fire a GM every other year but it's not a recipe for long term success. Macc deserves some time to rebuild. 

Archived