You guys have to try this

JetFanatic

Fanspeak.com  

Sorry if this has been posted before but this is keeping me more than occupied throughout this offseason.  It's pretty much a mock draft site where you select your teams draft picks.  Highly addictive but I'm getting some really really good Jet drafts here.  When you go to the site click on 'On the Clock 2017' then scroll down and pick the Jets or whatever team you want to draft for/then click 'Next' then pick the amount of rounds you want to draft I normally just do the full 7 then click next.  Then you pick who's Big Board you want to use I use Matt Miller's then click next then you pick who's team needs you want to go with and I go with Fansided then click next then click 'Lets Draft' and you're off.

Sounds like a lot but it's not.  You'll see.  At first I would do one every now and then but now I'm ripping off 2, 3 mocks a day lol.  Happy drafting

I gave my heart and soul to you, girl
(Now didn't I do it, baby, didn't I do it, baby?)
Gave you the love you never knew, girl, oh
(Didn't I do it baby, didn't I do it baby?)
I've cried so many times and that's no lie
It seems to make you laugh each time I cry

Didn't I blow your mind this time
Didn't I
Didn't I blow your mind this time
Didn't I, this time?

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:
6: R1P6
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD
39: R2P7

OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT
70: R3P6

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH
107: R3P43

QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA
150: R5P6

DL EDDIE VANDERDOES

I can easily see that being their draft and while I'm more on the side of going offense with the top pick I would be very happy with this draft.

6 hours ago, T0mShane said:
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA

DL EDDIE VANDERDOES

*boner noise*

VIEW EACH TEAM'S DRAFT

S MALIK HOOKER
OHIO STATE
EDGE TAKKARIST MCKINLEY
UCLA

TE EVAN ENGRAM
OLE MISS

C ETHAN POCIC
LSU

CB BRIAN ALLEN
UTAH
191: R6P7

WR ISAIAH MCKENZIE
GEORGIA
224: R7P6

OT JON HECK
NORTH CAROLINA

Here's mine:

QB DESHAUN WATSON
CLEMSON
RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA
CB ADOREE' JACKSON
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
S EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA
WR ARTAVIS SCOTT
CLEMSON
G BEN BRADEN
MICHIGAN
C JAY GUILLERMO
CLEMSON

After the first 3 round's I winged it. On second thought looks like I winged the whole thing.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

Here's mine:

QB DESHAUN WATSON
CLEMSON
RB JOE MIXON
OKLAHOMA
CB ADOREE' JACKSON
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA
S EDDIE JACKSON
ALABAMA
WR ARTAVIS SCOTT
CLEMSON
G BEN BRADEN
MICHIGAN
C JAY GUILLERMO
CLEMSON

After the first 3 round's I winged it. On second thought looks like I winged the whole thing.

I couldn't hate if this were our picks.  I'm all for Mixon and I LOVE the two Jacksons.  At first I was so against Watson, but I can't say I'd be angry if he were the pick.

9 hours ago, T0mShane said:
EDGE SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD

OBI MELIFONWU
CONNECTICUT

TE BUCKY HODGES
VIRGINIA TECH

QB DAVIS WEBB
CALIFORNIA

DL EDDIE VANDERDOES

No CB?   Let me fix your silly draft

WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON

CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON

S JOSH JONES
NC STATE

CB JALEN MYRICK
MINNESOTA

TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

RB JAMAAL WILLIAMS
BRIGHAM YOUNG

DL JOSH TUPOU
COLORADO

7 minutes ago, SickJetFan said:

No CB?   Let me fix your silly draft

WR MIKE WILLIAMS
CLEMSON

CB CORDREA TANKERSLEY
CLEMSON

S JOSH JONES
NC STATE

CB JALEN MYRICK
MINNESOTA

TE GEORGE KITTLE
IOWA

RB JAMAAL WILLIAMS
BRIGHAM YOUNG

DL JOSH TUPOU
COLORADO

That's disgusting. Get in the bathroom with Angelo.

S JAMAL ADAMS
LSU
CB DESMOND KING
IOWA
C ETHAN POCIC
LSU
OT WILL HOLDEN
VANDERBILT
EDGE TREY HENDRICKSON
FLORIDA ATLANTIC
QB CHAD KELLY
OLE MISS
RB JAHAD THOMAS
TEMPLE

Or this... a little unrealistic I think to see cook drop so far...

1: R1P6
DL SOLOMON THOMAS
STANFORD
2: R2P7
RB DALVIN COOK
FLORIDA STATE
3: R3P6
C ETHAN POCIC
LSU
4: R3P43
QB NATHAN PETERMAN
PITTSBURGH
5: R5P6
WR ARTAVIS SCOTT
CLEMSON
6: R6P7
EDGE BRYAN COX
FLORIDA
7: R7P6
CB NATE HAIRSTON
TEMPLE

5 hours ago, JetFanatic said:

I couldn't hate if this were our picks.  I'm all for Mixon and I LOVE the two Jacksons.  At first I was so against Watson, but I can't say I'd be angry if he were the pick.

Gotta agree about Watson. I was skeptical at first but after reading his combine reports I was more interested. A lot of guys want to tank it for Darnold but IMHO you never know whats going to happen. A lot of things can happen between now and then there are no absolutes. Drafting Watson maybe a dice roll but aren't all draft picks? I see no reason why drafting Watson and maybe signing a guy to take the lumps(anyone but Geno or sh*tz) for half the season or until Watson can play is not a smart play.

24 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Gotta agree about Watson. I was skeptical at first but after reading his combine reports I was more interested. A lot of guys want to tank it for Darnold but IMHO you never know whats going to happen. A lot of things can happen between now and then there are no absolutes. Drafting Watson maybe a dice roll but aren't all draft picks? I see no reason why drafting Watson and maybe signing a guy to take the lumps(anyone but Geno or sh*tz) for half the season or until Watson can play is not a smart play.

I am not buying the "Don't pick a QB because Hack is a 2016 2nd Round Pick" argument, because Hack has not shown that he will be good yet.

I don't think the Jets reach or roll the dice for a QB.  If they have Hack and Watson and they are both good, they can basically trade one of them.

Jimmy G would get the Patriots a likely 1st round pick.  Cin wants a 1st round pick for McCarron (delusional).  It is worse to have no QB than 2 QBs.

You think you have a contender, you keep both good ones.  The key is developing them and coaching them up.

The odds of a QB playing an entire season is low.  The second QB will have a chance to show what they have.  That is the basis for the Glennon and AJ M interest.  

But Mac has to evaluate the QBs and make a call on who he thinks we will be best Pro.  There will likely be one or more QBs to pick from at 6.   His track record is not great.  He passed up Siemian, Lynch, Precott and Brissett.  The Jets previously passed up Carr, Bridgewater, McCarron, and others.  This is where the train comes off the tracks.

2 hours ago, varjet said:

These drafts generally look pretty good. It would appear hard to mess this up.

First one I tried had Garrett, Lattimore, Hooker, Adams and Fournette go in the first 5 ... this was hardest to decide what to do, as i really didn't want a QB at 6, even though they were all available. I thought about drafting Howard, but eventually went with Solomon Thomas.

I don't think we'll be wanting for options at 6. My concern is that there are many guys I do NOT want at 6 too.

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

I am not buying the "Don't pick a QB because Hack is a 2016 2nd Round Pick" argument, because Hack has not shown that he will be good yet.

I don't think the Jets reach or roll the dice for a QB.  If they have Hack and Watson and they are both good, they can basically trade one of them.

Jimmy G would get the Patriots a likely 1st round pick.  Cin wants a 1st round pick for McCarron (delusional).  It is worse to have no QB than 2 QBs.

You think you have a contender, you keep both good ones.  The key is developing them and coaching them up.

The odds of a QB playing an entire season is low.  The second QB will have a chance to show what they have.  That is the basis for the Glennon and AJ M interest.  

But Mac has to evaluate the QBs and make a call on who he thinks we will be best Pro.  There will likely be one or more QBs to pick from at 6.   His track record is not great.  He passed up Siemian, Lynch, Precott and Brissett.  The Jets previously passed up Carr, Bridgewater, McCarron, and others.  This is where the train comes off the tracks.

No the reason you don't draft Watson in the 6 spot is because you are way overdrafting and the bust factor is high.

I can see Garrett, Lattimore, Hooker, Adams and Fournette being the top 5.  That leaves Solomon Thomas, likely not a fit for the Jets defense and another DL.  The WR or TE may be better fits.

We think there is a bust factor for Watson or any of the QBs.  But Macc's job is to make that bet.  If he passes over a QB that ends up being franchise or close, he will be tarred.  IT does not have to be Watson.  I am not buying the Trubitsky does not have enough experience argument either-if his brain and body can play QB, he will learn.  

If I am Macc, I am taking one of the five bolded above before one of the risky QBs.  But if they are all gone, and he is not sold on Williams or Howard, taking a chance on the QB may be the call.  Or...even better....letting someone else and getting more picks.

Macc took the view last year that Hack was better than Lynch.  Who knows what the Broncos think now.  His job depends on making the right QB call.

25 minutes ago, varjet said:

Thing about the teams mentioned above - they already have established guys so it's much easier for them to draft a mid round guy as a backup and develop him. If we draft a guy in the early rounds, we can't afford to develop both him and Hack slowly, one of them has to play or make room for a vet (or maybe Petty makes room). But either way you don't have a draft pick and Hack as #1 / #2.

So the chances of (a) developing two guys and (b) showcasing two guys enough to draw trade interest is very low if you try to do both guys at once IMHO.

Archived