QB Colin Kaepernick

Rey

The problem with Kaepernick is that his "protest" was done because the Niners were going to release him. Have to admit it was a great play and he got his cash because of it. Now guess what friends and neighbors? Its contract time again. So what does he do? He compromises his "principles" by saying that he will stand once again. Proving that all he did it for was a paycheck. I am all for his right to protest. Whether I like it or not. Its guaranteed in our Constitution. Now that he has comprised his principles speaks volumes about his character and I doubt any team touches him but in this QB needy league some team will. It just maybe the Jets. We will see.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How sad is the organization that we all know and love that we are arguing over all the QB trash other teams have tossed to the curb and trying to salvage something to lead the team here. 

Sheesh when I die i already told my family bury me in a Jets jersey so they will already know I've been through hell. 

12 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

I don't watch football to get players political views. I don't care what they are, just like I can't stand these moron entertainers who have pea brains shoving their political agenda down everyone's throats either. I used to be a huge Bruce fan, I'll never buy any of his music again nor go to any concert again.

F*ck Bruce, I agree. Sh*t the f*ck up & sing, that's what people paid tickets for. He's the most faux tough guy I've ever seen. Remember his flexing while he sang Dancing in the Dark? Ooh, your a tough Jersey guy Bruce. Mike Rowe would kick his azz.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Also, Aaron Rodgers could burn the flag at midfield before every game and teams would still line up to sign him. Kaepernick isn't going to get a job because he stinks and doesn't appear to want to be a football player anymore. 

If he did, I'd never watch any of his games, even if he somehow became the QB of the Jets and they were in the SB. In fact, if the NFL allowed it, I'd never watch another NFL game neither

41 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Kaepernick better than Hack or Petty. Available for a good price. Could incentivize the contract. As for his politics the arm chair patriots need to remember that this a a republic. Meaning we have laws. Kaepernick did not break any. Again, as a Marine I stand by his right to peacefully protest as I would any other American.

Actually its a Democracy. As a former Marine you should know the difference.

Edit this comparison chart Democracy Republic
Definition Rule by the omnipotent majority. In a democracy, an individual, and any group of individuals composing any minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of the majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man. A republic is similar to a representative democracy except it has a written constitution of basic rights that protect the minority from being completely unrepresented or overridden by the majority.

50 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Kaepernick better than Hack or Petty. Available for a good price. Could incentivize the contract. As for his politics the arm chair patriots need to remember that this a a republic. Meaning we have laws. Kaepernick did not break any. Again, as a Marine I stand by his right to peacefully protest as I would any other American.

Oh, and thank you for your service to the greatest country in the world sir!

2 hours ago, Rey said:

I don't understand how the Jets can even look at Osweiler without bringing a proven winner to New York like Colin Kaepernick.  

Sure, he's had problems in San Francisco, but then again who wouldn't when your team is completely gutted in one year.

Colin Kaepernick has the age, ability and winning attitude that is missing in New York.    

Don't pass....take a look....he's the best QB available right now and the best chance at a competitive 2017 and beyond.

Here's how I feel about KAP. Im really unhappy with his stance. Im pro cop, military, diversity and inclusion. IMHO - kneeling at the anthem is disconnected to the issues he is protesting. If I were a player, I would say I will go to the end of the earth for you, but keep your politics to yourself, your friends and family and your Facebook account. If your a jet, you STFU, re-establish yourself as a player, and flat out ball. 

26 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As a marine, what would have happened to you had you "peacefully protested" during your work/service time?

No one says Kap doesn't have the right to say anything he likes in his own private life and time.  

Most people agree that while AT WORK, that is not his time, but his employer (and the fans) time.

Once again, pretty obvious bias on your part, is pretty obvious.

Let me straighten things out for you once again:

Marine is spelled with a Captial M. The title is earned not given.

Every member of the US Armed Forces gives up certain rights. Being that the service is voluntary, I think most understand that or should any way. So protesting is really not an option. His work allows him a public platform and he used it to bring attention to some of the injustices in America. 

I think that is as American as it gets.

The only thing obvious is that you are an arm chair patriot afraid to allow others to feel and have different American experiences from you.

Just now, JetFaninMI said:

The problem with Kaepernick is that his "protest" was done because the Niners were going to release him. Have to admit it was a great play and he got his cash because of it. Now guess what friends and neighbors? Its contract time again. So what does he do? He compromises his "principles" by saying that he will stand once again. Proving that all he did it for was a paycheck. I am all for his right to protest. Whether I like it or not. Its guaranteed in our Constitution. Now that he has comprised his principles speaks volumes about his character and I doubt any team touches him but in this QB needy league some team will. It just maybe the Jets. We will see.

This is incorrect. If it was all for a paycheck them why did he spend all that money doing work helping out communities? He's going to stop because he realizes how much of a distraction it was, and he doesn't want it to continue. He's made his point already. He's still going to be active in the communities and will be helping trying to build up these communities he's fighting for.

And I hate to break it to you, but the real truth is that all the Patriotism displayed by the NFL is all about the money.

Did you know that before 2009, players weren't even on the field when the National Anthem was played?

The truth is that the department of defense has shelled out millions of dollars to the NFL so that teams can promote Patriotism.

Which makes this while thing "faux outrage"

2 hours ago, King P said:

All the other stuff aside, Kaep didn't have a terrible year. Was way better than Gabbert (of course that's not saying much).

I could understand wanting to go with the younger guys, but if we want a cheap veteran, then I'm cool with Kaep

His numbers last year were good on a really bad team.

My problem is in the first post he was described as a proven winner. He was 1 and 10 last year in games he played in. I know you didn't call him a proven winner. If it wasn't for the protests, it would be a no brainer to bring him in here on the cheap.

They should bring in Kap and Manziel and sign up for hard knocks again lol.

Just now, Maxman said:

His numbers last year were good on a really bad team.

My problem is in the first post he was described as a proven winner. He was 1 and 10 last year in games he played in. I know you didn't call him a proven winner. If it wasn't for the protests, it would be a no brainer to bring him in here on the cheap.

They should bring in Kap and Manziel and sign up for hard knocks again lol.

And fire Kacy Rodgers as the DC and hire Rex Ryan

7 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Actually its a Democracy. As a former Marine you should know the difference.

Edit this comparison chart Democracy Republic
Definition Rule by the omnipotent majority. In a democracy, an individual, and any group of individuals composing any minority, have no protection against the unlimited power of the majority. It is a case of Majority-over-Man. A republic is similar to a representative democracy except it has a written constitution of basic rights that protect the minority from being completely unrepresented or overridden by the majority.

I am a Marine. There are no former Marines. Just Marines at different stages of our lives.

Ever recited the pledge of allegiance brainiac?

10 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I am a Marine. There are no former Marines. Just Marines at different stages of our lives.

I appreciate your service. 

That said, the off the field conversation about Kap is officially over. There is enough to talk about in regards to who he is on the field. 

Just now, King P said:

This is incorrect. If it was all for a paycheck them why did he spend all that money doing work helping out communities? He's going to stop because he realizes how much of a distraction it was, and he doesn't want it to continue. He's made his point already. He's still going to be active in the communities and will be helping trying to build up these communities he's fighting for.

And I hate to break it to you, but the real truth is that all the Patriotism displayed by the NFL is all about the money.

Did you know that before 2009, players weren't even on the field when the National Anthem was played?

The truth is that the department of defense has shelled out millions of dollars to the NFL so that teams can promote Patriotism.

Which makes this while thing "faux outrage"

He donated one million of that money. That's all friend. I am not outraged at all. He is the one who compromised his principles now. Why will he now stand? Whats changed between now and then? Has his struggle ended? Or does he need a job? The whole thing stinks to high heaven. I would have more respect for him if he stuck to his guns rather than gave up his fight to simply get signed. There is no other legit reason for him to have given up his protest.

You are right players and coaches were not on the field for the Anthem before 2009. That is not the issue here. I am not saying it was right OR wrong for Kaepernick to stand or sit. His right as an American Citizen to do whatever he pleases during it is guaranteed. What I am questioning is not the act but the motive. His recent actions prove his past motivations.

23 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Yes I have. We could argue this all day but there are two different meanings to the system of governments. I merely pointed that out. You know just FYI.

21 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Who said that?

You certainly inferred it.   What was the point of this statement.  

"  the arm chair patriots need to remember that this a a republic. Meaning we have laws. Kaepernick did not break any. Again, as a Marine I stand by his right to peacefully protest as I would any other American. "

What rights are you standing by?

If you make public political statements at work, your employer has the right to terminate you.  Future employers have the right not to employ you.  Even on a message board ownership has the right to censure a poster if he makes political statements. 

26 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

I myself am a "former Marine"  When my enlistment was over I moved on to the next chapter in my life.

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

You certainly inferred it.   What was the point of this statement.  

"  the arm chair patriots need to remember that this a a republic. Meaning we have laws. Kaepernick did not break any. Again, as a Marine I stand by his right to peacefully protest as I would any other American. "

What rights are you standing by?

If you make public political statements at work, your employer has the right to terminate you.  Future employers have the right not to employ you.  Even on a message board ownership has the right to censure a poster if he makes political statements. 

Arm chair patriots are just the same as chicken Hawks. All for war and for stepping on the rights of others, but not willing to go and face the enemy head on.

6 minutes ago, pointman said:

It was only a few years ago that the idea of Kaep being available was a pipe dream. Now he and RG3 can be had for peanuts. Take a flyer on anyone who can help us win.

We just need a bridge at a reasonable cost to Hack. Nothing more

Just now, Jetdawgg said:

Arm chair patriots are just the same as chicken Hawks. All for war and for stepping on the rights of others, but not willing to go and face the enemy head on.

Again............What right of Kap's is being stepped on?

15 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I myself am a "former Marine"  When my enlistment was over I moved on to the next chapter in my life.

Every marine I've known used the phrase "former marine".  A goodly number of them said to me that there is no such thing as a "ex-marine", on that point they were adamant, and they all used "former" instead. Of course, they also never held their service over other folks heads either, at least in my experience.  They were all proud, but exceptionally humble guys.

2 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

People stated that he should be banned and fired for his protesting American injustices. He never broke any laws.

You don't have to break any laws to be fired, or not hired.  All you have to do is cost your boss some money.  That is your employers right

4 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

People stated that he should be banned and fired for his protesting American injustices. He never broke any laws.

Is breaking the law the only reason a person can be fired?

If you went to your employer today and told them "I'm going to tell every white customer/client they're racist, because I have rights and am protesting!" would you keep your job or be fired?

22 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

We just need a bridge at a reasonable cost to Hack. Nothing more

I am all for running with Hack and Petty this season, if we are truly doing a salary dump. A short term fix that gets us an extra win or two isn't worth the money or the place in next years draft. I just don't know how well a full "rebuild" will go. I'd rather just add to what we have and continue to try and get some momentum now. 

53 minutes ago, Jetdawgg said:

Let me straighten things out for you once again:

Marine is spelled with a Captial M. The title is earned not given.

Every member of the US Armed Forces gives up certain rights. Being that the service is voluntary, I think most understand that or should any way. So protesting is really not an option. His work allows him a public platform and he used it to bring attention to some of the injustices in America. 

I think that is as American as it gets.

The only thing obvious is that you are an arm chair patriot afraid to allow others to feel and have different American experiences from you.

Where do you get off calling anyone an armchair patriot?  So your a Marine that doesn't give you the right to disrespect another American citizen whose position is different from Kap's and yours?  Indeed, I am a veteran also and just happen to have a Navy Trident... but have you ever seen disrespect another American on this forum?  I spent 6 years in combat, did you?  I was awarded the multiple citations were you?  AS an ex-military man I am surprised that you espouse such gibberish like "arm chair patriot."   Please keep your ___________ statements to yourself and talk football and thanks for your service. 

Archived