Official JetNation 2017 Mock Draft DISCUSSION thread

Dcat

Just now, Lil Woody said:

Williams, Davis and Ross will all likely be gone by #18.  They should go WR 1st and then see what is there at 18. Maybe Njoku or Ramcyzk/Bolles/Lamp/Feeney is a good choice there and they can fortify their OL a bit more. Or take a CB or MLB there and try to get someone like Lamp/Feeney in rd 2.

I have a plan and think Adams fills a major need. He'll help in coverage and run support. IMO he's the best DB in the draft. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I have a plan and think Adams fills a major need. He'll help in coverage and run support. IMO he's the best DB in the draft. 

I guess I'll have to see if your plan materializes. Sure Adams may be the best DB, but so what?  It's all relative. You can also say that Tru is the best QB in the draft. I wouldn't touch him before 15. Or Fournette at RB. Or You might say Foster is the best pound for pound defender. Dan Feeney is the best pure guard. Elfein the best center. You get the point by now.

A couple of things to keep in mind to make sure things move along at a better pace than we have so far:

• Please remember to PM the next person after you make your pick.  
  • If you don't have the JN app, if you download it, you can get an alert on your phone when you receive a PM, so you know when you go on the clock.
  • If you know you are going to be away from your computer/phone for a while, please send PM to the mods with 3 or 4 picks in order of preference so we can make pick for you.  
  • NYJetsVets will be unavailable for a portion of the day today, so I will be stepping in and helping Dcat to move things along.  Any PMs with trades or picks should be sent to me and Dcat.
  • If you are trying to trade, don't necessarily wait until you are on the clock to begin trade negotiations. You can get a framework for a deal in place and finalize it when on the clock.  If you start trying to reach people when on the clock, the 3 hours can pass pretty quickly and it frustrates everyone.
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

Same. Lattimore should drop to the teens easy. Can't have speed players with just 1 year experience who also have chronic hammy issues. Deep CB draft, but there may only be 1 or 2 true "#1" CBs.

Might be down to just one since Jones tore his ACL.

24 minutes ago, Lil Woody said:

I guess I'll have to see if your plan materializes. Sure Adams may be the best DB, but so what?  It's all relative. You can also say that Tru is the best QB in the draft. I wouldn't touch him before 15. Or Fournette at RB. Or You might say Foster is the best pound for pound defender. Dan Feeney is the best pure guard. Elfein the best center. You get the point by now.

Nope. If a players good and you need them pick them. Who cares if it's 5 spots or 20 spots before someone might be ranked. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

from what I read, they weren't thrilled with Deandre Washington.  Still, I agree that there isno way they go RB in round 1.  As for Washington, what a windfall for my keeper fantasy team if he pans out, but I'd need to know by mid-August whether or not to keep him.  Even if Lynch goes to your Raiduhs,  he won't last more than a year, he seems to get dinged up a lot in his old age and they still need Washington to pan out.  Richard is a nice change of pace back and is good at catching the ball.  I like him too, but he is only a piece of the puzzle at best.  

No the Fact is  that Jalen Richard does everything Washington does , but is key player on both special teams unit( top KR and PR) .( Washington lost out in the numbers game) .  Why signing C Patterson was smart, as he will take some of Richards  responsibility on special team ,which will let Richard carry the football more. 

Jalen Richard and Deandre Washington are similar size Rb's , but that's where the similarity ends.   Richard is much better running between the tackles, and Washington is more explosive.

M Lynch isn't running behind Seattle offense line, but would be running behind the Raiders offense line.    Big difference, and he will be highly motivated as locally guy wants to finish his career for his childhood team.  He is short term answer as he probably has two years tops left in him.

looking good

Overall Points Round Pick Team GM Player School Position Comp Pick NFL Trade Notes JN Draft Notes
1 3000 1 1 Cleveland Browns Beerfish Myles Garrett Texas A&M DE      
2 2600 1 2 San Francisco 49ers LilWoody Solomon Thomas Stanford DE      
3 2200 1 3 Chicago Bears Fibonacci Jonathan Allen Alabama DT      
4 1800 1 4 Jacksonville Jaguars JiF Leonard Fournette LSU RB      
5 1700 1 5 Tennessee Titans New York Mick Jamal Adams LSU SS   from Los Angeles Rams  
6 1600 1 6 New York Jets NYJetsVets91 Malik Hooker Ohio State FS      
7 1500 1 7 Los Angeles Chargers j4jets Marshon Lattimore Ohio State CB      
8 1400 1 8 Carolina Panthers King P Corey Davis Western Michigan WR      
9 1350 1 9 Cincinnati Bengals Lith Mike Williams Clemson WR      
10 1300 1 10 Buffalo Bills Lupz27 O.J. Howard Alabama TE      
11 1250 1 11 Oakland Raiders PepPep Dalvin Cook Florida State RB     From New Orleans (JN)
12 1200 1 12 Cleveland Browns Beerfish Mitch Trubisky North Carolina QB   from Philadelphia Eagles  
13 1150 1 13 Arizona Cardinals Matt39 Deshaun Watson Clemson QB      
14 1100 1 14 Philadelphia Eagles heymangold Sidney Jones Washington CB   from Minnesota Vikings  
15 1050 1 15 Indianapolis Colts Integrity28 Derek Barnett Tennessee DE      
16 1000 1 16 Baltimore Ravens Dcat John Ross Washington WR      
17 950 1 17 Washington Redskins PowPow Zach Cunningham Vanderbilt OLB      
18 900 1 18 Tennessee Titans New York Mick Marlon Humphrey Alabama CB      
19 875 1 19 Tampa Bay Buccaneers Matt39 T.J. Watt Wisconsin OLB      
20 850 1 20 Denver Broncos NYJetsVets91 Reuben Foster Alabama ILB      
21 800 1 21 Detroit Lions 32EBoozer           OTC - Pick due 3:00
22 780 1 22 Miami Dolphins HessStation            
23 760 1 23 New York Giants T0m Shane            
24 740 1 24 New Orleans Saints LilWoody           From Oakland (JN)
25 720 1 25 Houston Texans Lupz27            
26 700 1 26 Seattle Seahawks T0m Shane            
27 680 1 27 Kansas City Chiefs Sarge4Tide            
28 660 1 28 Dallas Cowboys heymangold            
29 640 1 29 Green Bay Packers Paradis            
30 620 1 30 Pittsburgh Steelers section314            
31 600 1 31 Atlanta Falcons JiF            
32 590 1 32 New Orleans Saints LilWoody         from Patriots  
33 580 2 1 Cleveland Browns Beerfish            
34 560 2 2 San Francisco 49ers LilWoody            
35 550 2 3 Jacksonville Jaguars JiF            
36 540 2 4 Chicago Bears Fibonacci            
37 530 2 5 Los Angeles Rams PowPow            
38 520 2 6 Los Angeles Chargers j4jets            
39 510 2 7 New York Jets NYJetsVets91            

5 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Ian Rappaport:  "The GM of the Cleveland Browns is no Kevin Costner, as we are hearing they tried to trade back up into the 1st round more than once to try to get Rueben Foster.  Traded talk has now died down on the Browns front."

Good luck keeping Frank Langella off your ass.:D