What are the reasons to not draft Watson?

43 minutes ago, thadude said:

Because Mac is the worst evaluator of the Qb position maybe ever

41 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

And considering Houston's rock solid QB lineage that's really surprising. 

Amazing isn't the fans who see Macc as this great talent evaluator especially at the QB position. 

11 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, this one hurts bad. I think this one has already been proven wrong. Within minutes of being available by the rest of the NFL, Geno had multiple starting offers from other teams. Clearly we messed this one up bad.

Geno Smith would clearly be the best QB on our roster currently.

• Thumb Down 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith would clearly be the best QB on our roster currently.

At what? Certainly not playing QB. 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB. 31 said no to him as a backup QB. 1 said yes to him as a non guaranteed training camp fight for a roster spot. Clearly the rest of the NFL does not see it the way you do regarding Geno.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

At what? Certainly not playing QB. 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB. 31 said no to him as a backup QB. 1 said yes to him as a non guaranteed training camp fight for a roster spot. Clearly the rest of the NFL does not see it the way you do regarding Geno.

Josh McCown really dude go check the guys career stats please get back to me. 

Bryce Petty clearly cant stay on the field. 

Christian Hackenberg ???????

32 teams said NO to Ryan Fitzpatrick multiple times and the Jets signed him. 

The NY Giants an organization that has won a few Super Bowls clearly sees something in Geno Smith......... 

• Thumb Down 1

18 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Yeah, this one hurts bad. I think this one has already been proven wrong. Within minutes of being available by the rest of the NFL, Geno had multiple starting offers from other teams. Clearly we messed this one up bad.

When you have a guy on a rookie deal with 2 years left on that contract the job of the organization is to see what that player can provide for your team. What you dont do it block that opportunity by giving another guy a ridiculous contract that held out the entire offseason waiting for one bad decision by one team given that the rest of the NFL laughed at the thought of anything even close to 12 million. Your point doesnt take into account that the action itself was stupid, because what it ultimately produced was a waste of yet another 2nd round pick, no matter your emotional impulse about the player. What other NFL teams did or didnt do doesnt mean anything when what is being discussed is what the Jets didnt do with him while he was in house. Furthermore, whatever he does/doesnt do will be for another team. So lets hope that this will in fact, not hurt. 

This is also why I dont agree with the McCown signing. Petty has been in the league for 2 seasons now and has been around a veteran QB. It's time to let the young guys play and instead of finding every reason not to draft offense (offensive line in particular) and continue to go defense for another 50 years, how about letting Petty/Hack go at it, draft some Oline players and another QB down the line for your #3 for development. 

It's the same stupid mistake that will probably end up having us waste a 4th rounder in Petty and a 2nd in Hackenberg. But I guess if no other NFL team comes running to offer them starting jobs then clearly mismanaging a Jets team is perfectly okay to do. Got it!

Josh McCown really dude go check the guys career stats please get back to me. 

Bryce Petty clearly cant stay on the field. 

Christian Hackenberg ???????

32 teams said NO to Ryan Fitzpatrick multiple times and the Jets signed him. 

The NY Giants an organization that has won a few Super Bowls clearly sees something in Geno Smith......... 

Geno Smith has thrown 28 TD's to 36 career interceptions and has a 57% completion percentage. McCown is absolutely awful, and I hated the signing, but he is significantly better than Geno Smith, as is Petty and Hackenberg. The Giants saw so much they gave him a non guaranteed $2m that will be voided if he cannot beat out the other QB they brought in to backup the never injured Eli Manning. LOL.

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

When you have a guy on a rookie deal with 2 years left on that contract the job of the organization is to see what that player can provide for your team. What you dont do it block that opportunity by giving another guy a ridiculous contract that held out the entire offseason waiting for one bad decision by one team given that the rest of the NFL laughed at the thought of anything even close to 12 million. Your point doesnt take into account that the action itself was stupid, because what it ultimately produced was a waste of yet another 2nd round pick, no matter your emotional impulse about the player. What other NFL teams did or didnt do doesnt mean anything when what is being discussed is what the Jets didnt do with him while he was in house. Furthermore, whatever he does/doesnt do will be for another team. So lets hope that this will in fact, not hurt. 

This is also why I dont agree with the McCown signing. Petty has been in the league for 2 seasons now and has been around a veteran QB. It's time to let the young guys play and instead of finding every reason not to draft offense (offensive line in particular) and continue to go defense for another 50 years, how about letting Petty/Hack go at it, draft some Oline players and another QB down the line for your #3 for development. 

It's the same stupid mistake that will probably end up having us waste a 4th rounder in Petty and a 2nd in Hackenberg. But I guess if no other NFL team comes running to offer them starting jobs then clearly mismanaging a Jets team is perfectly okay to do. Got it!

Great post Villian but he's clueless and only comes here to argue with others and voice his really sh*tty opinions of things, coming from a Ryan Fitzpatrick lover its expected. 

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

LOL, the Jets saw everything they needed to see from Geno Smith, as did the rest of the NFL. The NFL is a QB starved league, and the best Geno could do was a non guaranteed $2m job to compete for a 2nd or 3rd string job. Come on cuz, let it go.

I also disagree strongly with the McCown signing, but for very different reasons.

4 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Geno Smith has thrown 28 TD's to 36 career interceptions and has a 57% completion percentage. McCown is absolutely awful, and I hated the signing, but he is significantly better than Geno Smith, as is Petty and Hackenberg. The Giants saw so much they gave him a non guaranteed $2m that will be voided if he cannot beat out the other QB they brought in to backup the never injured Eli Manning. LOL.

NO he's not. ENOUGH SAID 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

Watson won a National Championship Hack won nothing. 

Maybe if Hack played for a team where the coaches weren't buggering the local yutes'...

Get over yourself man...they took Hack last year and said they weren't gonna play him..yet you're surprised.

Personally, I give Macc and Bowles some credit in Hack's case anyway because playing Hack last year despite the QB sh*tshow and injuries would have served no meaningful purpose other than exposing him to what amounted to a situation that NO ONE was gonna look good in...and to what cause?  To appease a few fans that for some reason have a problem with reading comprehension? Jeez...

Great post Villian but he's clueless and only comes here to argue with others and voice his really sh*tty opinions of things, coming from a Ryan Fitzpatrick lover its expected. 

LOL, Ryan Fitzpatrick lover?  You admit on a public message board that you love Ryan Fitzpatrick? Now I see why you love Geno too, you have a thing for really terrible QB's.

2 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Oh, OK. At first I thought maybe he was, but when you put it all in caps like that, I guess I have no choice but to agree to your point. Well done son.

Do you actually know anything about football?  Do you actually  know anything about Josh McCown? He's Ryan Fitzpatrick II he's a nice guy, model NFL player but he isn't too good at the QB position. 

What could young rookie QB's get from Josh McCown?  

Get a clue junior. 

2 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

Maybe if Hack played for a team where the coaches weren't buggering the local yutes'...

Get over yourself man...they took Hack last year and said they weren't gonna play him..yet you're surprised.

Personally, I give Macc and Bowles some credit in Hack's case anyway because playing Hack last year despite the QB sh*tshow and injuries would have served no meaningful purpose other than exposing him to what amounted to a situation that NO ONE was gonna look good in...and to what cause?  To appease a few fans that for some reason have a problem with reading comprehension? Jeez...

there was no reason to play him.  he got virtually no reps in training camp and during the season the coaches were focused on implementing game plans.  plus fitz/geno/petty all got creamed behind that OL.  there was no upside to throwing hack in there.  

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, greenwave81 said:

We spent a 2nd round pick on a guy who never saw the field. 

Most good teams dont do stuff like this, 

6 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, Ryan Fitzpatrick lover?  You admit on a public message board that you love Ryan Fitzpatrick? Now I see why you love Geno too, you have a thing for really terrible QB's.

LOL YOU are the Ryan Fitzpatrick lover NOT ME JUNIOR. 

Illiterate fool learn how to read. 

Do you actually know anything about football?  Do you actually  know anything about Josh McCown? He's Ryan Fitzpatrick II he's a nice guy, model NFL player but he isn't too good at the QB position. 

What could young rookie QB's get from Josh McCown?  

Get a clue junior. 

Do you actually know anything about football? Do you actually know anything about Geno Smith? He's Jeff George II, he's not a nice guy, nor model NFL player, and he isn't too good at the QB position.

What could young rookie QB's get from Geno Smith?

Get a clue junior.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

LOL, the Jets saw everything they needed to see from Geno Smith, as did the rest of the NFL. The NFL is a QB starved league, and the best Geno could do was a non guaranteed $2m job to compete for a 2nd or 3rd string job. Come on cuz, let it go.

I also disagree strongly with the McCown signing, but for very different reasons.

You're not saying much. I'll dismiss myself in order for this not to turn into a 12 million dollar JAG vs an unknown discussion.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Arm velocity, accuracy, and having a giant with a 12' wing span to throw to that was matched up with 5'9 Corners. 

Watson is a good kid. He's a gamer. He was a winner at the NCAA level. But he doesn't have the tools to be anything but an average NFL Quarterback, and that's after a couple of years of learning the game. He's not Cam Newton. He's honestly more like Tim Tebow. High character, "leader" type, but without the tools. As they say, it is what it is...

Isn't this what they said about Russell Wilson........:o

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

The NFL also said that Fitz is worth 12 million. 

Seems like someone has to have an opinion outside of what the NFL says. 

One dumb team said Fitz is worth $12m, 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB, and 31 said no as a backup. Plenty has been said. 

9 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Do you actually know anything about football? Do you actually know anything about Geno Smith? He's Jeff George II, he's not a nice guy, nor model NFL player, and he isn't too good at the QB position.

What could young rookie QB's get from Geno Smith?

Get a clue junior.

8 minutes ago, NoBowles said:

Wait, you say you love Ryan Fitzpatrick, now you try to pawn that off on me? Which is it, do you love Ryan Fitzpatrick or not son?

Geno Smith is gone no longer with the Jets in case you didn't know so our young rookie QB's will get nothing from him. 

You love Ryan Fitzpatrick I'm not a fan. 31 other NFL teams said no to Ryan Fitzpatrick for the record. 

I'm putting you back on ignore where you belong this time,last time and the time before that lost track of how many id's you had here. 

Goodbye 

Just now, NoBowles said:

One dumb team said Fitz is worth $12m, 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB, and 31 said no as a backup. Plenty has been said. 

That same dumb team allowed a QB to walk without knowing what he can do. 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB and 31 said no to him as a backup. 

Meanwhile, the QB that was given 12 million by a dumb organization was told last year that he wasnt worth even 8 and this year not even worth the same back up role as Geno Smith. 

You're owning yourself with your own logic. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Geno Smith is gone no longer with the Jets in case you didn't know so our young rookie QB's will get nothing from him. 

You love Ryan Fitzpatrick I'm not a fan. 

I'm putting you back on ignore where you belong this time,last time and the time before that lost track of how many id's you had here. 

Goodbye 

joewilly12, can we please stop fighting? I just want to be your friend. We both bleed green, can't we just agree to root for the Jets and get along?

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That same dumb team allowed a QB to walk without knowing what he can do. 32 teams said no to Geno as a starting QB and 31 said no to him as a backup. 

Meanwhile, the QB that was given 12 million by a dumb organization was told last year that he wasnt worth even 8 and this year not even worth the same back up role as Geno Smith. 

Yes he is its amazing the sh*t this guy comes up time after time. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

Serious question, does it bother you at all that joewilly12 agrees vehemently with everything you post? 

• Upvote 1

We saw what Geno has to offer us. You people want to complain about Petty getting injured? Since Maccagnan took over Geno was named presumptive starter and then had his face smashed less than a week into camp. In November of 2015 he came in against the Raiders when Fitzpatrick hurt his thumb and he couldn't even finish the game. In 2016 he got a start against the Ravens. He barely made it into the 2nd quarter before he was done for the season. Never mind that he isn't good, he can't stay on the field.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

20 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

NO he's not. ENOUGH SAID 

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Dismissed. 

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

That's the thing, he doesn't have all the tools.  He has all the intangibles, but he just doesn't have the arm to be a franchise QB in the NFL.  He had THE weakest arm at the combine of all of them.  Probably going to be in the league quite awhile , but IMO I really just don't see him as a winning starting QB.

The scouts disagree with you my friend. We will see.