Serby's piece on Hackenberg

Gangrene

3 hours ago, CanadienJetsFan said:

Sheldon seems to be turning into one the leaders, like it or not.

Being a selfish big mouth doesn't make a player a team leader.  Actually team leaders attempt to keep disruptive big mouths in check

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, C Mart said:

doh!

Slowly progressing … still got a little ways to go. … He’s getting better every day … that’s pretty much it. Slowly progressing, man,” Richardson said.

What are you trying to say?

That Hack is improving?  He might be... a little.

I would improve at golf too if I practiced regularly.  Doesn't mean I'm joining the PGA tour anytime soon....

And btw... I like to read your training camp reports too, and will again this summer. But making the vast majority of your observations on the positive side often ignores the fact that the Jets are going nowhere.  Sometimes I want to hear when you think somebody clearly sucks.

32 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

I don't think you should be criticizing your teammates unless you have a good reason to do so.

Even then IMO you shouldn't do it to the media.  Settle it in the locker room.    Worked well for Geno

8 hours ago, NoBowles said:

Oh come on, admit it, you and batesman run over to the keyboard with a limp as fast as you can when your Galaxy twitter app notifies  you of a negative Hackenberg article. 

how true.  

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

Richardson's mouth just never stops. Not a good thing.

He lowers his own trade value by the day.  He has a big mouth, he is stupid, he is a terrible cancer in the clubhouse. And having a passive coach like Bowles or Rex doesn't help.  He would be 100% different if he were reporting to Belichick.  Blame starts at the top.  Bowles has zero control over this clubhouse.  Zero.  They can't fire Bowles fast enough. And yes, Richardson's mouth is partly Bowles' fault.  There is no risk of punishment or censure from Bowles, the rest of his coaches or his teammates.  What a mess this clubhouse is under Bowles.  Terrible head coach.

2 hours ago, RoadFan said:

What are you trying to say?

That Hack is improving?  He might be... a little.

I would improve at golf too if I practiced regularly.  Doesn't mean I'm joining the PGA tour anytime soon....

And btw... I like to read your training camp reports too, and will again this summer. But making the vast majority of your observations on the positive side often ignores the fact that the Jets are going nowhere.  Sometimes I want to hear when you think somebody clearly sucks.

Which is what I was pointing out since your post said some are interpreting SRs comments as improving while you took them as he has an arm. His comments clearly state improvement. And that's all you hope for is continued improvement.  

Sorry but I don't do training camp reports. Never have.

As for always being positive why continue to waste your time and energy always being critical and negative on something you can't control?  Read my posts or not I don't give a sh*t. 

Oh I said in '12 that Rex sucks, isn't a NFL HC and doesn't develop his players. I was ripped for it at the time 

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

He lowers his own trade value by the day.  He has a big mouth, he is stupid, he is a terrible cancer in the clubhouse. And having a passive coach like Bowles or Rex doesn't help.  He would be 100% different if he were reporting to Belichick.  Blame starts at the top.  Bowles has zero control over this clubhouse.  Zero.  They can't fire Bowles fast enough. And yes, Richardson's mouth is partly Bowles' fault.  There is no risk of punishment or censure from Bowles, the rest of his coaches or his teammates.  What a mess this clubhouse is under Bowles.  Terrible head coach.

it's so shocking that the guy who let a scrub break the jaw of his starting QB can't get his house in order

19 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Side note: Year Two of the Hackenberg Development Plan and we're talking about whether his feet will allow him to throw the ball in a straight line, and if he'll get into a game at some point. How much lower can the bar go?

that about sums it up.  But so much of that is fueled by the beat writers. Not sure how accurate it is.   I'm ready to see with my own eyes how far that bar is going to drop.  But one thing.  I want to see it  on the field of play.  Not read it from the agenda driven Jets beat reporters that we are so blessed with.  

Just now, Dcat said:

that about sums it up.  But so much of that is fueled by the beat writers. Not sure how accurate it is.   I'm ready to see with my own eyes how far that bar is going to drop.  But one thing.  I want to see it  on the field of play.  Not read it from the agenda driven Jets beat reporters that we are so blessed with.  

You know what would be wise? When camp opens, give him the bulk of the snaps in practice and see how he responds. I don't think they're doing him any favors--not with the fans, the media, or his teammates--by soft-shoeing him, throwing him off onto the alternate field to throw at garbage cans, all the while treating Josh McCown like he's Drew Brees. Treat the kid like a starter and see what he does, of only for a few weeks. Otherwise, he looks weak, his teammates tune him out, his confidence stays in the toilet, and he shuts it down. 

7 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

You know what would be wise? When camp opens, give him the bulk of the snaps in practice and see how he responds. I don't think they're doing him any favors--not with the fans, the media, or his teammates--by soft-shoeing him, throwing him off onto the alternate field to throw at garbage cans, all the while treating Josh McCown like he's Drew Brees. Treat the kid like a starter and see what he does, of only for a few weeks. Otherwise, he looks weak, his teammates tune him out, his confidence stays in the toilet, and he shuts it down. 

well said.  needs to be implanted into Bowles thick skull somehow.  

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Side note: Year Two of the Hackenberg Development Plan and we're talking about whether his feet will allow him to throw the ball in a straight line, and if he'll get into a game at some point. How much lower can the bar go?

Straight lines are overrated

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

On the 4 days that the Jets practice where you or the media have no idea what's going on, is there any chance that "The Kid" isn't throwing on an alternate field at Garbage cans ? Why don't you do whatever it is you do and let the folks that get paid to do whatever it is they're doing with the QBs do it until they get fired .

Frilling trolls .

7 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

On the 4 days that the Jets practice where you or the media have no idea what's going on, is there any chance that "The Kid" isn't throwing on an alternate field at Garbage cans ? Why don't you do whatever it is you do and let the folks that get paid to do whatever it is they're doing with the QBs do it until they get fired .

Frilling trolls .

1st of all, I didn't write that, T0m Shane did.  So if you're going to quote, please try to do so correctly.  And frankly, he's right. 100%.  Everything the Jets have done with Hackenberg has made the perception worse.  Particularly from his own teammates.  And I'm not a troll here.  I'm a fan and I care about how this team is being mismanaged.  If you don't, so be it.  You don't like reading differing opinions from yours?  Then don't read instead of pathetically labeling a lot of devoted fans as "trolls", which they are not. 

12 minutes ago, Dcat said:

1st of all, I didn't write that, T0m Shane did.  So if you're going to quote, please try to do so correctly.  And frankly, he's right. 100%.  Everything the Jets have done with Hackenberg has made the perception worse.  Particularly from his own teammates.  And I'm not a troll here.  I'm a fan and I care about how this team is being mismanaged.  If you don't, so be it.  You don't like reading differing opinions from yours?  Then don't read instead of pathetically labeling a lot of devoted fans as "trolls", which they are not. 

I quoted T0m Shane's post, and only realized it posted as coming from you after it was done . So let me apologize to you for the misunderstanding  .  Christian Hackenberg has not played a single down of regular season football for the Jets and he was a 2nd round pick . Those Jets who have a poor perception of Hackenberg need to go look in the mirror, because it was their execution that resulted in the miserable 5-11 record .

I am also a fan of the Jets, but I'm not qualified to decide who should start or who should have what practice schedule because I'm not there on a daily basis or a part of the conversations the position coaches and coordinators have with the HC . 

5 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Frilling trolls .

I love it.  Anyone who doesn't think Hackenberg is a hall of famer in the making and ecstatic over drafting a half dozen safeties after blowing back2back drafts = TROLL

On 5/31/2017 at 10:13 AM, section314 said:

Was watching NFL network last night, and they were doing a piece on the Broncos, and how Simien and Lynch were struggling in OTA's. Vance Joesph had an interesting take on OTA's......said that he sees OTA's as the time when QB's learn the offense and termonolgy etc, and that the job will be won in the preseason and in training camp. Food for thought, huh? Imagine an organization that is actually practical and patient.

That is a great take on the situation. Reporters are not NFL scouts or coaches. From the sounds of it McCown was throwing dump off passes all practice and Hack was taking shots downfield. Its so tough to evaluate because perhaps that was by design, or perhaps it wasn't. It's really anyones guess. Jets fans just need to be patient and wait until camp and pre season.

On 6/1/2017 at 0:08 AM, T0mShane said:

We....agree.

Ew.  I feel dirty.

Yet...

Aroused?

On June 1, 2017 at 9:22 PM, RSJ said:

That is a great take on the situation. Reporters are not NFL scouts or coaches. From the sounds of it McCown was throwing dump off passes all practice and Hack was taking shots downfield. Its so tough to evaluate because perhaps that was by design, or perhaps it wasn't. It's really anyones guess. Jets fans just need to be patient and wait until camp and pre season.

Other than almost throwing three picks to Practice Squad players in one practice session Hack looked great

On 6/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, thadude said:

I love it.  Anyone who doesn't think Hackenberg is a hall of famer in the making and ecstatic over drafting a half dozen safeties after blowing back2back drafts = TROLL

Its impossible to have over 3000 posts and every one of them negative w/o being a troll .

On 6/1/2017 at 9:05 PM, thadude said:

No one is saying Hack is a HOF. No one is saying Hack is a future Pro Bowler. No one has said Hack is a franchise QB. All anyone is saying is that Hack has a big arm and just about all you want in a QB. Whether that translates to on field success, no one knows. Which makes posters like yourself look like idiots for giving him zero chance to succeed. 

So anyone, like yourself and a few others, that constantly bash Hack are just trolls or miserable SOJF's that deserve to get called out their nonsense. In the same way a poster that kept saying "Hack is a lock to be great" would be bashed for being a moron. 

23 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its impossible to have over 3000 posts and every one of them negative w/o being a troll .

If we didn't have totally inept management of this organization I would be as positive as possible.  The only local team with worse management than the Jets right now is the Brooklyn Nets.

Archived