Non-Story Regarding Adams’ “die on the field” Comments Somehow Still a Story

JetNation

jamaladams.jpg

A few days ago during a question and answer session with Jets fans in which running back Matt Forte, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and rookie safety Jamal Adams took part, Adams made a comment at one point that raised a few eyebrows.

When asked about the inherent risks of playing in the NFL, Adams replied; “If I had a perfect place to die, it would be on the field”.  Not a surprising quote from a player from a young 20-something year old man who plays the game with as much passion as you’ll ever see, but somehow this is still being pushed as a “story”.

“Reporters” have reached out to speak to family members of those impacted by CTE, former players, to include current Jets assistant coach LeCharles Bentley, who referred to Adams and teammate Morris Claiborne as “young and dumb”, and former Jets players who warned that Adams doesn’t yet know what he’s in for as an NFL player.

Never mind the fact that Adams clarified his comments the following day, saying he was simply trying to convey the passion he feels for the game.  That hasn’t stopped twitter feeds and facebook pages of Jets fans to be loaded with clips of talking heads discussing the comments and the previously mentioned army of opponents who are being used to make Adams appear foolish or irresponsible.

Don’t feed the trolls, Jets fans.  When you see the attention-grabbing headlines, keep on scrolling.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
W7G2xTLKsHY

Click here to read the full story...

It's a total non story and a situation where a young ROOKIE entering his first TC was probably put in a tough spot.  I get the Jets are trying to turn over a new leaf and really make him one of the faces of the franchise but they do have to remember the guy is still a rookie.  Probably would've been more appropriate to pair Leo with Forte in that spot.  

I have not paid attention to this - and haven't read it - but, I'll take a guess at what happened:

• Adams says he'd die on the field, because he's a "young, die for my team" personality archetype
  • outrage police (likely on twitter) sounded their alarm about him being insensitive, wept about how he said "die" and because people "die" this is offensive and he should be chastised by all media outlets
  • anti-outrage police (also on twitter) likely sounded their alarm that the liberals are ruining everything again, and the pussification of American is the cause for all in their life that they've failed at, thus taking a case of nothing and fully politicizing it

Amiright?

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I have not paid attention to this - and haven't read it - but, I'll take a guess at what happened:

• Adams says he'd die on the field, because he's a "young, die for my team" personality archetype
  • outrage police (likely on twitter) sounded their alarm about him being insensitive, wept about how he said "die" and because people "die" this is offensive and he should be chastised by all media outlets
  • anti-outrage police (also on twitter) likely sounded their alarm that the liberals are ruining everything again, and the pussification of American is the cause for all in their life that they've failed at, thus taking a case of nothing and fully politicizing it

Amiright?

Not sure if/when phase III starts/started, but the guy said something that only an idiot would misinterperet, and days later I'm still seeing stories about it online with new people being interviewed/speaking up.  

The season is about to start.  The football writers should be talking about football IMO.

It's August and Im starting to come back around and do the daily football thing after taking somewhat of a hiatus. Stories like this is the exact reason why I took that hiatus. This summer was the worst when it came to the non-stories and the bullsh*t tweets and comments. I had to literally take a break from this sh*t. 

Adams: I'm aware of the inherent dangers that come with playing this game and yet I still embrace the opportunity to participate in it.

Rest of NFL: <exiting Bugatti> I wish I were a mailman instead, but a mailman with a four year, $52 million dollar contract. How dare you, Jamal Adams.

10 hours ago, JetNation said:

jamaladams.jpg

A few days ago during a question and answer session with Jets fans in which running back Matt Forte, NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell, and rookie safety Jamal Adams took part, Adams made a comment at one point that raised a few eyebrows.

When asked about the inherent risks of playing in the NFL, Adams replied; “If I had a perfect place to die, it would be on the field”.  Not a surprising quote from a player from a young 20-something year old man who plays the game with as much passion as you’ll ever see, but somehow this is still being pushed as a “story”.

“Reporters” have reached out to speak to family members of those impacted by CTE, former players, to include current Jets assistant coach LeCharles Bentley, who referred to Adams and teammate Morris Claiborne as “young and dumb”, and former Jets players who warned that Adams doesn’t yet know what he’s in for as an NFL player.

Never mind the fact that Adams clarified his comments the following day, saying he was simply trying to convey the passion he feels for the game.  That hasn’t stopped twitter feeds and facebook pages of Jets fans to be loaded with clips of talking heads discussing the comments and the previously mentioned army of opponents who are being used to make Adams appear foolish or irresponsible.

Don’t feed the trolls, Jets fans.  When you see the attention-grabbing headlines, keep on scrolling.

W7G2xTLKsHY

silly thing to say but most people who achieve this level of success would be very happy to die with their boots on.  look at how peds wreak havoc on people's bodies but the athletes would still use them to get an edge to win.  frankly i want my players to want to be on the field no matter what.

8 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

• anti-outrage police (also on twitter) likely CORRECTLY sounded their alarm that the liberals are ruining everything again!, and the pussification of American is the cause for all in their life that they've failed at, thus taking a case of nothing and fully politicizing it

Amiright?

AMEN!!!!

:lol::lol: 

11 hours ago, JetNation said:

Let me know when those family members hand back the millions their dead former-NFL player left them.

11 hours ago, JetNation said:

jamaladams.jpg

Reporters” have reached out to speak to family members of those impacted by CTE, former players, to include current Jets assistant coach LeCharles Bentley, who referred to Adams and teammate Morris Claiborne as “young and dumb”, and former Jets players who warned that Adams doesn’t yet know what he’s in for as an NFL player.

W7G2xTLKsHY

Reporters suck.  Present company excluded.

Archived