POLL: At 4-12 does Chris Johnson fire Bowles?

Jetsbb

At 4-12 what does Chris Johnson do?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. At 4-12 what does Chris Johnson do?

• Fire Bowles
    • Give him an extension

On 11/12/2017 at 6:37 PM, ASH1962 said:

Bowles deserves a 10 year no trade no fire clause 15 million per year contract.

He is that good.

Coach of the Year.

Why not give him the deal Goodell was looking for?  $50M per year along with lifetime use of a private jet and lifetime health insurance for his family.

On 11/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, Warfish said:

I completely disagree.

We had more than enough talent to win today (and throughout this year).

What we lack is all about Head Coaching.  With a legitimate NFL Head Coach, we're a 7 win team right now.

Not the mark of a bad GM, no matter how much he's failed at the QB-finding process.

Listen it was a bad day for Bowles, no doubt. Like I said in my last post if they lose out he is getting fired.

That said what you wrote isn't completely true. The lack a lot more than any one thing. The offensive line was thrown around on Sunday. Kearse dropped a big pass. So they lack talent too.

8 hours ago, Maxman said:

Listen it was a bad day for Bowles, no doubt. Like I said in my last post if they lose out he is getting fired.

That said what you wrote isn't completely true. The lack a lot more than any one thing. The offensive line was thrown around on Sunday. Kearse dropped a big pass. So they lack talent too.

You’re entitled to your opinion my friend.

Retaining Bowles is foolish. He will never, EVER, be a Super Bowl caliber coach.

Time under him is wasted time. Same old Jets time.

Yes, we could always use more talent. We have enough talent, today, to have been 6-4 or 7-3, with better less soft coaching. 

You’re entitled to your opinion my friend.
Retaining Bowles is foolish. He will never, EVER, be a Super Bowl caliber coach.
Time under him is wasted time. Same old Jets time.
Yes, we could always use more talent. We have enough talent, today, to have been 6-4 or 7-3, with better less soft coaching. 
That can all be true, my point is that Vince Lombardi would have had problems with this offensive line. They were man handled.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Maxman said:

At 4 and 12 you have to fire him.

If so a smart owner would fire him at 4-10 promote Morton and make him start Hackenberg last 2 games. We all know Chris Johnson is far from that so I expect to go 6-10 winning the last 2 games (patriot backups) and an extension for Bowles.

The remaining schedule is brutal and other than the Chargers game, I don't give them a realistic chance of winning any of the other games. This team will max out a 5 wins at best and pick somewhere in the 8-10 range.  Mediocre in perpetuity.  That should be the Jets new slogan. 

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

If so a smart owner would fire him at 4-10 promote Morton and make him start Hackenberg last 2 games. We all know Chris Johnson is far from that so I expect to go 6-10 winning the last 2 games (patriot backups) and an extension for Bowles.

We don’t have a smart owner.  We don’t even have a caring owner.  Any other team would fire Macc and Bowles after 3 years and no playoffs

On 11/12/2017 at 10:23 PM, Warfish said:

I completely disagree.

We had more than enough talent to win today (and throughout this year).

What we lack is all about Head Coaching.  With a legitimate NFL Head Coach, we're a 7 win team right now.

Not the mark of a bad GM, no matter how much he's failed at the QB-finding process.

This is a bottom 5 roster talent-wise.  Bowles is terrible but Macc is the real problem and he sucks at evaluating every position not just qb

Archived