Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SenorGato said:

30 Superstars Revis Cost the Jets

10 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Lol Are you sure Hess? Is ListVerse onboard with this? BuzzFeed? MentalFloss? 

7 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Hey guys what are 10 dark things about Darrelle Revis we need to know?

5 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

What about the 25 Largest Deficits Revis Failed to Gamechange? 

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

50 Times Revis Stole Our Money

tenor.gif

I bet Revis picks his Uncle, Sean Gilbert, to introduce his at HOF ceremony. Hell, Gilbert, of the original "sit out the year' players, was his guiding force in all his get huge signing binus for 4 yr deal, then after 2 years say "I want new deal, and by the way ANOTHER huge signing bonus" 

I dint think Revis ever would have played that game unless Gilbert got involved and along w/his past and his hiring of Shark Agents, revis became a expensive employee, where you didnt ever really goy the years your perceived you would from signing bonus given in a 4-5 yr deal. After burned 1st time I would have owners say signing binus prorated and if you leave before contract up, you have to give that % back. yaya salary not guranteed and owners can cut a player and salary voided, but salaries carp now, its all about signing bonuses. There should be different contract rules for signing bonuses that take up a certain % of cap to protect team.

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

2006 Champ Bailey allowed 40 Catches (Football Outsiders), 0 Touchdowns (Football Outsiders), had 10 interceptions (NFL.com) , 1 TD (NFL.com) and 85 tackles (NFL.com) , 38% Comp Rate (2007 Pro Football Prospectus)

2009 Darrelle Revis allowed 45 catches (Jetswit.com) and 2 Touchdowns (Football Outsiders), had 6 interceptions (NFL.com), 1 TD (NFL.com) and 54 tackles (NFL.com), 33% Comp Rate (Football Outsiders) 

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/extra-points/2007/fo-mailbag-champ-baileys-four-receptions

http://www.nfl.com/player/champbailey/2499489/careerstats

http://www.nfl.com/player/darrellerevis/2495717/careerstats

https://www.ganggreennation.com/2009/12/28/1222910/revis-island-statistical-break-down

https://www.amazon.com/Pro-Football-Prospectus-2007-Essential/dp/0452288479

That's awesome if the #s are true but who were these guys covering?  I gave you #s of some top WRs having really good games against Denver so I guess Champ wasn't following around the top WRs like Darrelle was.  and I noticed you left off yards, how come?  33% comp rate would tell me Darrelle was doing a better job covering his guys and the guys he was covering were better than who Bailey was covering.

18 hours ago, HessStation said:

They were official from 2003 to 2008 for everybody but somebody trying to win a failed argument lol. 

Revis First 11 years:

4x All Pro: (4) 1st Team, (0) 2nd Team

7x Pro Bowl

29 INT/ 3 TD

139 Pass Defended

408 Tackles

Bailey First 11 years:
6x All Pro: (5) 1st Team, (1) 2nd Team

8x Pro Bowl

46 INT/ 4 TD

139 Pass Defended

663 Tackles 

...Bailey went on to play another 4 years made (1) more All Pro 2nd Team and 3 more Pro Bowls, had another 6 INTs, 35 Pass Defended, & 149 tackles.

In Bailey's 12th year he was still playing at an elite level shutting down HOF players like Larry Fitzgerald. and in his 14th year was still a 2nd Team All Pro. In Revis' 10th year he was a fat, ailing cow who everybody in the league was laughing at. In his 11th year he became a full fledge embarrassment. 

you just don't understand what you are talking about.

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Ty Law has come full circle.  He was the shlt bag adviser who taught Revis how to get paid to being a hero all in once cycle.

Law was nowhere near the player that Revis was

Law was a good player, he will likely make the Hall even though he doesn't deserve b/c he was a part of the Pats dynasty but it's ludicrous to compare him to revis in any way.  Next we are going to see Jet fans tell us how Aaron Glenn and Marcus Coleman were better.

16 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

True. Bailey had a far more lasting and productive career. But Revis' '09 season will get him into the HoF, so not sure why you're upset.

I'm not upset, this is a football discussion board.  Champ Bailey wasn't half the corner Revis was.  Bailey had a longer career and was good for a longer period of time but he never approached the greatness of revis. It's so rare that the Jets had a player like this(he's basically the only one) so it's incredibly odd to me how our fanbase wants to tear him down yet the same fanbase will talk up Brett favre who sabotaged a SB chance for us.

14 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

I'm not upset, this is a football discussion board.  Champ Bailey wasn't half the corner Revis was.  Bailey had a longer career and was good for a longer period of time but he never approached the greatness of revis. It's so rare that the Jets had a player like this(he's basically the only one) so it's incredibly odd to me how our fanbase wants to tear him down yet the same fanbase will talk up Brett favre who sabotaged a SB chance for us.

Literally no one is tearing Revis down. 

I've called Revis a hall of famer in 2 consecutive posts and have gone out of my way to mention that his '09 season is probably the greatest of all time. Most others that I've read on this thread have done the same. Just because we don't want to label him the G.O.A.T., doesn't mean we're tearing him down. There are distinct and quantifiable reasons why one can argue that he's not the G.O.A.T. - namely because his window of G.O.A.T.ness is limited to one year. Add on 2 more years of elite level play and only 2 more years of above average play, and you're looking at a 5 year window in which to judge "G.O.A.T. status- and that's not even including the 3-4 years where he was injured or barely even a serviceable CB? That's nuts. Is Bo Jackson the G.O.A.T. running back? No, because health and longetivity are also driving factors in this discussion. Contrast Revis with an undisputed G.O.A.T. at his position such as Jerry Rice, and you can see the hesitations more clearly.

5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Literally no one is tearing Revis down. 

I've called Revis a hall of famer in 2 consecutive posts and have gone out of my way to mention that his '09 season is probably the greatest of all time. Most others that I've read on this thread have done the same. Just because we don't want to label him the G.O.A.T., doesn't mean we're tearing him down. There are distinct and quantifiable reasons why one can argue that he's not the G.O.A.T. - namely because his window of G.O.A.T.ness is limited to one year. Add on 2 more years of elite level play and only 2 more years of above average play, and you're looking at a 5 year window in which to judge "G.O.A.T. status- and that's not even including the 3-4 years where he was injured or barely even a serviceable CB? That's nuts. Is Bo Jackson the G.O.A.T. running back? No, because health and longetivity are also driving factors in this discussion. Contrast Revis with an undisputed G.O.A.T. at his position such as Jerry Rice, and you can see the hesitations more clearly.

actually the GOAT WR is Don Hutson but in modern times it's Jerry Rice w/o a doubt. 

you may not be tearing him down but many Jet fans in this thread have. 

Bo Jackson would have been an all time great if football wasn't his hobby but b/c baseball was #1 he never even had a 1,000 yd season. it's hard to compare what bo did to revis' best years where he was undisputed best corner and really the best defensive player in the game for a 3-4-5 year period.

No cover corner ever played at a higher level than revis at his peak, others have had more years of success but none at that level. to even have a Jet in the discussion for best of all time at his position is fun, it's the first time we could ever have a discussion like that.  doesn't mean he is? of course not, it very well may be Deion, Lester Hayes or someone else but I have never seen a better cover corner.  doesn't make me right, I'm just sharing my opinions.

17 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

actually the GOAT WR is Don Hutson but in modern times it's Jerry Rice w/o a doubt. 

Bo Jackson would have been an all time great if football wasn't his hobby but b/c baseball was #1 he never even had a 1,000 yd season. it's hard to compare what bo did to revis' best years where he was undisputed best corner and really the best defensive player in the game for a 3-4-5 year period.

Don Hutson GOAT WR..................no really.... he actually typed that!

Bo Jax.......football was his hobby and baseball was #1.................... BOING!

18 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

I dont see anyone in this thread denying how good Revis was during his dominant years but his "promoters" as the all time greatest refuse to acknowledge the fat, cash checking, out of shape toad he morphed into in the last 3rd of his career as opposed to the sustained greatness of guys like Bailey, Sanders, Green etc.

3rd of his career, far and out of shape?  You really sound clueless with comments like these.  Nothing like a little over the top nonsense to make a case I guess. 

6 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

3rd of his career, far and out of shape?  You really sound clueless with comments like these.  Nothing like a little over the top nonsense to make a case I guess. 

In 2010 after the holdout he came back fat and pulled a hammy on the Moss play- missed games. 2012, injured. He was invisible in Tampa. Good year in New England and then a disaster in 15-16. There hasnt been a consistent run of sustained great play. The holdouts probably didnt help.

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

In 2010 after the holdout he came back fat and pulled a hammy on the Moss play- missed games. 2012, injured. He was invisible in Tampa. Good year in New England and then a disaster in 15-16. There hasnt been a consistent run of sustained great play. The holdouts probably didnt help.

I’m just glad you moved on from trying to sell that he was good for 8 seconds or whatever it was. 

51 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Clueless?  Please give us some clues then. In a previous post I challenged anyone to provide a quote, a best of list, an op-ed, anything stated  by any respected expert saying Revis was the greatest of all time but so far nobody but Revis jock sniffers posting a bunch of their own culled seasonal stats and screaming 2009 2009 2009 can supply any quotes from any experts supporting this position. Can you? 

58 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Clueless?  Please give us some clues then. In a previous post I challenged anyone to provide a quote, a best of list, an op-ed, anything stated  by any respected expert saying Revis was the greatest of all time but so far nobody but Revis jock sniffers posting a bunch of their own culled seasonal stats and screaming 2009 2009 2009 can supply any quotes from any experts supporting this position. Can you? 

Revis and his Uncle Sean BOTH say he was the greatest. So there!  They are former NFL players. Expert enough for you? :)

No matter how great Revis was in his non-holdout, non-injury whipped years, the time span and limited duration of this "greatness" was waaaaaay to short for him to be a "1st ballot" HOF.  I'd question whether he is worthy at all.  Now add to the mix his obvious quitting in mid-season with the Jets and his horrible play the last several years...  NFW should anyone send him to Canton that easily.  True greatness requires a more long term and continuous outstanding play.  And NEVER laying down and quitting, for which there is no counterargument with Revis.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Don Hutson GOAT WR..................no really.... he actually typed that!

Bo Jax.......football was his hobby and baseball was #1.................... BOING!

In modern times it's obviously Rice but look at this:

Hutson 11 seasons vs. Rice 19 seasons:

DH: 8x 1st team all pro in 11 seasons(73%)

JR: 10x 1st team all pro in 19 seasons(53%)

edge Hutson

DH: led NFL in recs 8 times in 11 years(73%)

JR: 2x in 19 yrs(11%)

edge: Hutson

DH: led in rec yds 7 times in 11 seasons(64%)

JR: 6x in 19(32%)

DH: led in rec TDs 9x in 11 seasons(82%)

JR: 6X IN 19(32%)

DH: career 16.4 yards per rec

JR: 14.8

put them next to each other and Rice would destroy him athletically but we cannot compare players from one era to the next.  we compare players how they dominated their peers and Don Hutson has no peer at WR.

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

he was not fat in 2010 when he came back.  he was not in football shape but how could he be?  as he worked his way into football shape he was as good or better than he was in his historic 2009 season.

Revis was really good in Tampa and NE.  his first and only bad season was 2016 w/ the Jets.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

In modern times it's obviously Rice but look at this:

Hutson 11 seasons vs. Rice 19 seasons:

DH: 8x 1st team all pro in 11 seasons(73%)

JR: 10x 1st team all pro in 19 seasons(53%)

edge Hutson

DH: led NFL in recs 8 times in 11 years(73%)

JR: 2x in 19 yrs(11%)

DH: led in rec yds 7 times in 11 seasons(64%)

JR: 6x in 19(32%)

DH: led in rec TDs 9x in 11 seasons(82%)

JR: 6X IN 19(32%)

DH: career 16.4 yards per rec

JR: 14.8

put them next to each other and Rice would destroy him athletically but we cannot compare players from one era to the next.  we compare players how they dominated their peers and Don Hutson has no peer at WR.

Switches fantasies from Revis GOAT to Hutson GOAT.

Next up Bill Dudley robbed of GOAT recog due to military service.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

What a load of nonsense, he wasn't fat.  He missed camp etc. Usually leads to a hammy or some other muscle pull.  With Revis he was fat and out of shape.  His off-season world were legendary to football fans.  Non existent to this fan base.

He wasnt used in man coverage on Tampa, everyone knows that.  Almost everyone.  Was he invisible?  Only to those trying to convince people that he was.  

Only problem with 2015 is jetfans doing the talking.  He was the same as he was in NE.  The skewed reviews probably are due to his holdout.  That's the only truth here

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Revis jock sniffers.  Another name to kill someone who actually understands the game, isn't either a SOJF or someone who's vagina still hurts because of Rrvis' holdout.  Yes, culled stats, lol.  From those trying to compare passing stats and what it was to defend from years ago to the last 10 years.  A CB who tailed a teams best WR no matter where he played.  Didn't play the 2nd or 3rd WR  Culled stats, from jock sniffers.  Not clueless.  

11 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

What a load of nonsense, he wasn't fat.  He missed camp etc. Usually leads to a hammy or some other muscle pull.  With Revis he was fat and out of shape.  His off-season world were legendary to football fans.  Non existent to this fan base.

He wasnt used in man coverage on Tampa, everyone knows that.  Almost everyone.  Was he invisible?  Only to those trying to convince people that he was.  

Only problem with 2015 is jetfans doing the talking.  He was the same as he was in NE.  The skewed reviews probably are due to his holdout.  That's the only truth here

Still waiting for you to provide any respected expert opinions of former players, teamates, adversaries, GMs, coaches etc that back you claim of GOAT and first ballot HOFer. (PS Revis's mother and Uncle dont count.)

1 minute ago, Kleckineau said:

Still waiting for you to provide any respected expert opinions of former players, teamates, adversaries, GMs, coaches etc that back you claim of GOAT and first ballot HOFer. (PS Revis's mother and Uncle dont count.)

Go back and rewatch the Gruden broadcast from KC last week. That would be a start.  And maybe we should revisit this when Revis actually is done playing football.  

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Go back and rewatch the Gruden broadcast from KC last week. That would be a start.  And maybe we should revisit this when Revis actually is done playing football.  

I’d also suggest you just go make a list on Ranker or Bleacher Report if lists are where it’s at. 

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

You cant produce a single shred of published available expert opinion describing Revis as the greatest ever (former players, adversaries, GMs, coaches etc) because it dosent exist. 

Still waiting.

Archived