Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

As opposed to...what I cited lol? You’ve lost your marbles on this Hess. It’s cool we can hug it out later.

In conclusion:

Deion Sanders and Champ Bailey were compilers who feasted on inefficient QBs and offenses, fewer and lesser passing options, and a rulebook that allowed far more contact than today by defenses. Sanders, every bit the selfish greedy diva Revis is, was a pansy who took running plays off and shied away from tackling. He is the most overrated player of all time. Bailey never did anything close to Revis’ peak but otherwise was a great player. Revis, especially once time has offered some perspective and slowed sh*t down, is the GOAT CB. 

Maybe next time, Hess! 

Until this point I could entertain your crazy thoughts.  Now?  Any post I see from you going forward is just FAKE NEWS and I will never respond to any of it.

5 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

It has gotten lost here- NYjunc's original premise was "best COVER corner". That is what I have been attacking

Plenty got lost here.  I came in late.  I may be the only one left, but I don't think Revis is done.  Go check some of the stuff about his time with the Chiefs.  It will be interesting if they run him out of town based on his lack of run support.  Hess has politely asked me not to get the thread sidetracked.  It is a good thing or I would start throwing around Frank Minnifield data!

To get elected to the Hall of Fame, I would think you needed at least 2 things:

• A player needs to fade away honorably and gracefully.  Revis' closing act should net him alot of money but not HoF admission.  
  • I would think that a team would need to sponsor the player.  I don't see the Jets, Bucs, Patriots, Jets or Chiefs doing that.  

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Plenty got lost here.  I came in late.  I may be the only one left, but I don't think Revis is done.  Go check some of the stuff about his time with the Chiefs.  It will be interesting if they run him out of town based on his lack of run support.  Hess has politely asked me not to get the thread sidetracked.  It is a good thing or I would start throwing around Frank Minnifield data!

My favorite NFL player of all time is....

wait for it....

Hanford Dixon roof roof

dont stop I was just kidding 

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

My favorite NFL player of all time is....

wait for it....

Hanford Dixon roof roof

dont stop I was just kidding 

Kidding about me stopping or about Hanford Dixon? 

I wore #31 a couple of years because I am 5'9" like Minnifield and some upperclassman had Russell's number!

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Me either. Look for him to find a QB and start padding some countables so long as someone will pay him and he can play. 

6 minutes ago, varjet said:

• A player needs to fade away honorably and gracefully.  Revis' closing act should net him alot of money but not HoF admission.  
  • I would think that a team would need to sponsor the player.  I don't see the Jets, Bucs, Patriots, Jets or Chiefs doing that.  

Im not sure whats meant by "sponsoring" a player if that is even a thing but if it means  a franchise does some PR and lobbying I guess the Jets might be the one team dumb enough to partake given their paucity of players in the hall.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

Kidding about me stopping or about Hanford Dixon? 

I wore #31 a couple of years because I am 5'9" like Minnifield and some upperclassman had Russell's number!

Kidding about stopping 

I wore 29 for a year and wore the long white towel for forever lol

side story guy I worked w played for Cleveland for a year and said Frank was hung like a horse.not to kill your childhood dreams or anything 

15 minutes ago, varjet said:

have you met the jets????

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Kidding about stopping 

I wore 29 for a year and wore the long white towel for forever lol

side story guy I worked w played for Cleveland for a year and said Frank was hung like a horse.not to kill your childhood dreams or anything 

#stopthehorseshaming

20 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Until this point I could entertain your crazy thoughts.  Now?  Any post I see from you going forward is just FAKE NEWS and I will never respond to any of it.

all good, just make sure you get your penicillin shot on your way out of this thread

18 hours ago, SenorGato said:

Pass rushers can be avoided too, happens a whole lot more often than it doesn’t. Where were Vic Beasley, Justin Houston, or Robert Quinn yesterday? And again - the only people who reeeeeeeaaaaaaalllly seem to care about the money are some Jets fans. Even if everyone in the world agreed with this narrative, we all went into this year knowing it was inevitable a playoff team would hire him despite this yarn about him not being worth yada yada. 

I reeeeealllllly don’t get what the big deal is with acknowleding what an utterly badass career Revis has had even just to this point. That he couldn’t single handedly drag the Jets out of this miserable abyss while their starting QBs could be outplayed by many backups isn’t on him. 

What was the Achilles heal of the Revis defense? Can't get off the field when it mattered, couldn't get the key stop. A big reason for that was paying Revis QB money in a hard cap sport because he held out which lead to crappy depth. Having a pass rusher gets you off the field 

He was the best corner in the NFL for 3 years. 

Having the best player on a football team in a corner back is like your new girlfriends best feature is her knees. 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

What was the Achilles heal of the Revis defense? Can't get off the field when it mattered, couldn't get the key stop. A big reason for that was paying Revis QB money in a hard cap sport because he held out which lead to crappy depth. Having a pass rusher gets you off the field 

He was the best corner in the NFL for 3 years. 

Having the best player on a football team in a corner back is like your new girlfriends best feature is her knees. 

Not on Revis

Anyway you missed the whole thing but safe to say I wholely disagree with that post. 

On 1/7/2018 at 3:59 PM, HessStation said:

Without a doubt the biggest potential game changing play of his life. Swish through his hands.  

And the assist to Mariota. Does he even realize what sport he was supposed to be playing? 

Looked a hell of a lot more like basketball moves than football iirc... maybe he got confused and has CTE

19 hours ago, SenorGato said:

I don’t think Champ really stacks with Revis. That said, like Revis if you threw him into the same conditions Sanders played under he would similarly thrive.

It blows my mind that anyone can think Revis is more overrated than Sanders. He was just as much of an a$$hole and diva to people who think like that and he faced like two good passing games and WRs a year. Throw any decent CB playing today into the 90s and their turnover numbers would inflate big time.  

we have had so few great players and Jet fans want to bash him b/c they are upset he got paid.  They will praise a guy like Favre whop cost us a legit SB chance but bash Revis.  I just don't get it but it's why we deserve to watch the football we have been watching.

19 hours ago, HessStation said:

Bailey was bigger, faster, a better tackler, was an all pro 7 times, was elite for about double the time. Plus Champ Bailey's 05 season was better than Revis' 09 season. he also had a MUCH longer, more accomplished career. 

Plus Champ Bailey would have intercepted that ball in the 2010 AFC Championship lol.\

You're stoned

You do know the difference btw pro bowl and All pro, right?  Bailey was a THREE time all pro which is still impressive but less than revis despite playing more seasons. Champ was a great player but he wasn't close to revis.

I don't know their exact measurable but they are listed at the same height w/ Revis weighing more not that it really matters and please don't forget how great a tackler Revis used to be.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we have had so few great players and Jet fans want to bash him b/c they are upset he got paid.  They will praise a guy like Favre whop cost us a legit SB chance but bash Revis.  I just don't get it but it's why we deserve to watch the football we have been watching.

You do know the difference btw pro bowl and All pro, right?  Bailey was a THREE time all pro which is still impressive but less than revis despite playing more seasons. Champ was a great player but he wasn't close to revis.

I don't know their exact measurable but they are listed at the same height w/ Revis weighing more not that it really matters and please don't forget how great a tackler Revis used to be.

Champ Bailey was a 7 Time All Pro and went to the Pro Bowl 12 times. Please do yourself a favor and just stop talking 

10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Champ Bailey was a 7 Time All Pro and went to the Pro Bowl 12 times. Please do yourself a favor and just stop talking 

he was a THREE time 1st team all pro and reading your insane posts the last couple of days you are the last person that should ever tell someone to stop talking.

revis 4 time 1st team all pro in 9 seasons

Bailey 3 time 1st team all pro in 13 seasons

but I get it. you see Champ had more INts so he must be better! did we not learn from watching Ty Law and his 10 INts in 2005? sure he had 10 ints but he was killed every week. he was beyond awful but he had 10 ints so to the average fan he must have been great.

3 hours ago, nyjunc said:

he was a THREE time 1st team all pro and reading your insane posts the last couple of days you are the last person that should ever tell someone to stop talking.

revis 4 time 1st team all pro in 9 seasons

Bailey 3 time 1st team all pro in 13 seasons

but I get it. you see Champ had more INts so he must be better! did we not learn from watching Ty Law and his 10 INts in 2005? sure he had 10 ints but he was killed every week. he was beyond awful but he had 10 ints so to the average fan he must have been great.

Bailey was 5 time first team, 2 time second team. You can go away now. 

Great discussion here which I just caught up on. 

There is a lot of context to take under consideration on both sides. Revis played for an attacking defense rather than a reactionary defense, so he knew he could press and would only have to cover for a few seconds per snap. However, even then, the WRs he faced were routinely considered among the best in the league...the same league that was starting to routinely put out 4K yard passers. That, plus the rule changes which obviously favored offenses, leads me to believe Revis' '09 season is unmatched, even given the numbers that Hess has provided for Champ's '06. 

That said, while Revis' peak might be the single greatest season ever, his window as an elite player in this league sits at 3 years. Then there were another 2 years that he was above average. And then another 2 years where he was barely serviceable. That says a lot. He will be a HoF simply based on '09 and his huge name recognition, but I don't think it will be the slam-dunk first ballot that some of the usual suspects so aggressively like to force upon the board.

Archived