Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Look at the timeline, people. He hasnt tackled since he stuck his head in on a tackle in 2015 and got a concussion. Before that he was the best tackler at his position. His effort was bad, but did the Chiefs expect anything else? If they did - it's their fault too. 

I'm glad he is back at home. That should be the last time he ever collects a check from this game. Dude is first class chump. Did not realise he was on KC til they wouldn't shut up about his irrelevant a$$ the whole time. The second I heard he was there I instantly wanted them to lose. Glad they did. 

Ruined the Jets and started the downfall with Rex, dogged it and sucked ass and played like a BlTCH ever since and wasted valuable cap space for his one great season. Belongs nowhere near the hall of fame and like you said. Hall of SHAME. Ring of HUMILIATION 

go to hell, Mevis. You are a joke and a conman. 

31 minutes ago, Barton said:

Look at the timeline, people. He hasnt tackled since he stuck his head in on a tackle in 2015 and got a concussion. Before that he was the best tackler at his position. His effort was bad, but did the Chiefs expect anything else? If they did - it's their fault too. 

true enough.  one of revis' best attributes was his tackling ability.  that was something deion was never good at.  oh well, it's sad he chose to go out the way he did.

Just now, nyjunc said:

he had absolutely no chance to stop Henry from getting the 1st down.  it's so silly. just trying to bash the greatest Jet of all time again.  That's what we do as Jet fans unless it's a drunk, embarrassing, underachieving QB.

I am pretty sure that was Tony Dungy calling him out.

3 minutes ago, Scott Dierking said:

I am pretty sure that was Tony Dungy calling him out.

Jet fans are jumping on it, I don't care what Dungy has to say.  Yes he could have gone for it but he wasn't preventing the 1st down so who cares?

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You sound like a young Vince Lombardi

the game has changed since then if you haven't noticed.  Would the same people bashing him be cheering for him if he went all out after Henry got the 1st down then got hurt?  he had NO CHANCE to prevent the 1st down.

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

the game has changed since then if you haven't noticed.  Would the same people bashing him be cheering for him if he went all out after Henry got the 1st down then got hurt?  he had NO CHANCE to prevent the 1st down.

Are you serious? Maybe try to force a fumble? He's making millions, he can leave it all on the field in a playoff game. If he gets hurt, he gets hurt. There are people that play in local meaningless football games that put more effort than he does. 

Too bad they don't give assists in football. Revis made a great pass to Mariotta on that TD. Funny but a DB who is still the GOAT at that position(according to some) with all that experience would think to KNOCK THE BALL DOWN instead of ineffectually waving at it. Only cost the Chiefs the game but its okay. I bet Andy Reid is happy with that signing.

40 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

he had absolutely no chance to stop Henry from getting the 1st down.  it's so silly. just trying to bash the greatest Jet of all time again.  That's what we do as Jet fans unless it's a drunk, embarrassing, underachieving QB.

Disagree. Imagine a player giving effort and taking a good angle. He gets him 

Meh, he was pretty far away from that play but he definitely wasn't hustling to the runner. I couldn't watch the game but how did he do otherwise? From the highlights other the the deflection right to Mariotta I didn't see him get beat?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Snell41 said:

First of all Revis is not the GOAT at his position. He arguably had the greatest single season at his position, but that’s it. Hell I don’t even consider him the greatest Jet of all time, and I do not think he’s a HOF’er.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Agree and I wonder what the GMs who signed him to his last few contracts think of his "greatness"

1 minute ago, Jetmech said:

Meh, he was pretty far away from that play but he definitely wasn't hustling to the runner. I couldn't watch the game but how did he do otherwise? From the highlights other the the deflection right to Mariotta I didn't see him get beat?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

From what I saw the GOAT did what the GOAT does against the pass. Some bad luck on the Mariota deflection but no one cares if the Chiefs don’t lay a goose egg in the second half. 

5 minutes ago, Snell41 said:

First of all Revis is not the GOAT at his position. He arguably had the greatest single season at his position, but that’s it. Hell I don’t even consider him the greatest Jet of all time, and I do not think he’s a HOF’er.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

What’s going to hurt his case even more is guys like Champ, Woodson even Talib player at a high level into their 30’s and figured out ways to stay on the field and make an impact. Revis in a win or go home game is running around like he’s got the crab. The writers are a bunch of boobs but this is the sh*t they’re going to use to keep him out.

3 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Henry has 50 pounds on him even before  starting the run. Revis is not taking him down, not solo, on a run play. A pass play? Sure

You got me. Jogging was the only option with the season on the line. 

Cmon dude. All dbs go low in that situation. It might not work. But you have to make the effort. 

Are we really discussing giving effort with the season on the line? 

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Cmon dude. All dbs go low in that situation. It might not work. But you have to make the effort. 

Could have tried running hard to the play and punching the ball out. Of course it may not work but great ones dont quit like Revis.

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Forget the luxury condo Revis should retire to a kennel because he truly is a dog.

Check out what a quitter he is on the videos.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/darrelle-revis-called-out-for-pathetic-effort/ar-BBHYwab?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

I stand by my statement of all the last 2 years...  fukk him. NO ONE should wear a 24.  Revis is a POS.

10 minutes ago, Larz said:

Oh, this is really all about effort?Ooooooh, I get it that legitimizes things now. 

Archived