Kleckineau

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Reliable source on NFL players: Ranker, players

Unreliable source: Players deemed unreliable sources after the fact 

Keep rollin rollin rollin rollin! 

Asked to produce credible source. Offers bi-polar gf beating Fitz fluffer.

Sounds good!

tenor.gif

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

I dont have to go back to look.

The challenge was to provide an expert opinion stating that in their opinion Revis is the greatest cornerback of all time.

As I stated, any published opinion from someone we can agree is astute and experienced enough that we could agree to accept their opinion.

I said a HC, position coach, coordinator, GM, player etc.

I did not include team mate because of the obvious bias. Marshall was a team mate when he offered his opinion of Revis.

Besides offering his biased opinion, bi-polar poster boy Marshall has a long history of proclaiming multiple team mates as the greatest ever. Would you like his greatest list? I think he has 3-4 QBs on his greatest list.

Once again, please provide any published respected experts opinion stating that Revis is the greatest ever.

Selena-Gomez-Shrugs-It-Off-While-Eating-

8 hours ago, HessStation said:

Indeed.

Btw I was just formulating my post 1990 greatest defense ever assembled team. 

FS: Ed Reed

SS: Troy Polamalu

CB: Deion Sanders

CB: Champ Bailey

Slot Corner: Antoine Winfield

OLB: LT

ILB: Ray Lewis 

ILB: Patrick Willis

OLB: Derrick Thomas

DE: Reggie White

NT: 2009 Kris Jenkins

DE: Bruce Smith

LT was pretty much done after 90.   1990 he had 10.5 sacks, followed by 7, 5 and 6.

Is your all time D running a 3-4 or a 4-3?  Reggie White's 3 best years also came in the 80.  Your nose tackle had 23 career games at the nose.

Assuming a 3-4.   I go Bruce Smith, Vince Wolfork, JJ Watt.    I don't care if Watt only had a 4 year prime, he had 70 sacks in 4 seasons, tipped over 40 passes and almost won the MVP.  I would go Urlacher over Willis, and DeMarcus Ware or Von Miller over LT. LT's post 1980s career doesn't measure up.

32 minutes ago, chirorob said:

LT was pretty much done after 90.   1990 he had 10.5 sacks, followed by 7, 5 and 6.

Is your all time D running a 3-4 or a 4-3?  Reggie White's 3 best years also came in the 80.  Your nose tackle had 23 career games at the nose.

Assuming a 3-4.   I go Bruce Smith, Vince Wolfork, JJ Watt.    I don't care if Watt only had a 4 year prime, he had 70 sacks in 4 seasons, tipped over 40 passes and almost won the MVP.  I would go Urlacher over Willis, and DeMarcus Ware or Von Miller over LT. LT's post 1980s career doesn't measure up.

Yeah I was too lazy to look up LT...Give me Suggs THO.

Love Urlacher, would take him all day err day over Lewis or Willis. Good call, thanks.

So going back:

DE/DT: White, Watt

DT/NT: Wilfork

DE/LB: Suggs

LB: Urlacher, Thomas

CB: Revis GOAT, Sanders, Barber 

S: Reed

You guys are listing your CBs without the last name Woodson.  You could come up with TWO guys named Woodson at CB that were better than Revis and Bailey.  It isn't that hard.

I loved Kris Jenkins, especially as a Jet, and Wilfork also has a great argument, but I would have to consider Ted Washington at NT for this team.  That's a solid debate right there, but while Jenkins had the greatest single highlight play at the position, Washington dominated for longer at a very high level.

5 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You guys are listing your CBs without the last name Woodson.  You could come up with TWO guys named Woodson at CB that were better than Revis and Bailey.  It isn't that hard.

Fair enough - throw whichever Woodson you prefer at 3 behind Revis and Sanders for me. 

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

I liked everything you said except "Urlacher over Willis." That's crazy talk

2 hours ago, HessStation said:

I liked everything you said except "Urlacher over Willis." That's crazy talk

He did win defensive player of the year and will wind up in the HOF. 
I guess, if you are playing a 3-4 Willis played in that, so he'd probably be a better fit.

10 hours ago, chirorob said:

100%. Willis doesn't even belong in the same sentence as Urlacher.

22 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Ronnie Lott was a much better safety than Revis.   It is known.

Also known. Ronnie Lott was also a better CB SS FS than Revis.

8 time 1st team all-pro, 10 pro bowls

4 rings

Made 1980s and 1990s all decade team

Into hof so easy no debates

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 10:10 PM, Larz said:

Revis really epitomizes this franchise 

The cruel tease 

Jets finally draft a player who becomes the best player in the NFL at his position 

Yay! 

Turns out that position can be marginalized just by avoiding it, and the teams he plays on can't get a defensive stop when it matters, he holds out for QB money, the dumb GM caves mostly because the owner wanted hard knocks cameras around, then the next dumb GM trades him, and of course he winds up on the cheaters team and wins a super bowl. 

But wait, there's more! 

He comes back to the team and steals money and literally jogs around like a ******* bum. 

Jetsiest of jetsy sh*t 

It's kind of amazing. add this with having a big time QB prospect like Namath only to watch his career disappoint b/c he was always hurt.  Fast forward to the 200s, we get a potential franchise QB in Chad Pennington and a potential HOF pass rusher in the same draft but neither could stay healthy and two huge building blocks would be gone soon.  We just aren't the franchise that drafts a 6th rounder that turns out to be the greatest of all time or that has balls stick to helmets.  Maybe someday that changes but so far we haven't had that luck.

21 hours ago, The Crusher said:

McDougle > Revis

Vance Joseph > Revis

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Also known. Ronnie Lott was also a better CB SS FS than Revis.

8 time 1st team all-pro, 10 pro bowls

4 rings

Made 1980s and 1990s all decade team

Into hof so easy no debates

so you don't think Revis would have won 4 rings w/ those Niners? Ronnie had a chance to help the Jets win, it didn't go so well.

Ronnie is one of the all time greats but he spent most of his career at S, if you are seriously trying to say Lott was a better cover corner I just give up talking to you.

Bringing up Lott is a great point, so many fans saw many of these great CBs turn into even better Safeties. Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson and others were great safeties.  even better than they were at corner.  None of them could compare to revis at corner.

Here's some supposed Deion numbers that were leaked per STATS LLC from a random poster. Who knows if there's anyting to it but thought it was post worthy. Supposedly they started collecting data in 1995 which is too bad considering Deion's best year was 1994 not to mention his ATL years...unfortantely can't really depend on the validity but fun to look at. Deion was the GOAT regardless. 

1995 -- 16-for-47 - 158 yards - 34.0% CT - 0 TD - 2 INT - 26.7 PRA 
1996 -- 22-for-46 - 225 yards - 47.8% CT - 0 TD - 2 INT - 44.2 PRA 
1997 -- 12-for-39 - 159 yards - 30.7% CT - 0 TD - 2 INT - 23.3 PRA 
1998 -- 20-for-42 - 198 yards - 47.6% CT - 0 TD - 5 INT - 21.8 PRA 
1999 -- 29-for-53 - 425 yards - 54.7% CT - 2 TD - 3 INT - 70.1 PRA 
2000 -- 31-for-63 - 463 yards - 49.2% CT - 1 TD - 4 INT - 52.5 PRA 

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=561171&start=150

Rotfl isn’t this 4 days since you declared victory, which actually came after proclaiming you weren’t trying to convince anyone? Ranker, Bleacher Report, SBN poll, a begruding temporary alliance with PFF, and now another thread from another forum lol...You didn’t read that thing in hopes of not convincing anybody, did you? 

This might be my favorite thread ever. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Rotfl isn’t this 4 days since you declared victory, which actually came after proclaiming you weren’t trying to convince anyone? 

This might be my favorite thread ever. 

I could continue with this thread for years. It's as good as ice cream. 

You look good you feel good, you feel good you play good, you play good they pay good. 

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

It's weird how you're still fighting this. 

Fair enough, I did take this a good two days ago. I’m honestly just enjoying your renewed efforts post defeat considering your proclomations on day one. I mean a post after yet another party gif you were making another case lol. 

Just now, SenorGato said:

Fair enough, I did take this a good two days ago. I’m honestly just enjoying your renewed efforts post defeat after your proclomations on day one. 

I thought that Sanders data was note-worthy to the forum. Pretty cool whether you're the majority of people who know Deion is the GOAT or the small minority who still thinks Revis is. 

Archived