Its official Darrelle Revis first ballot Hall of Shame

Kleckineau

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

I thought that Sanders data was note-worthy to the forum. Pretty cool whether you're the majority of people who know Deion is the GOAT or the small minority who still thinks Revis is. 

Lol so still working on convincing? Oh this is the best...Better source: an internet message board or Ranker? I think a poll from a blog. But what if the message board ALSO has a poll? Awwww sh*t 

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Lol so still working on convincing? Oh this is the best...Better source: an internet message board or Ranker? I think a poll from a blog. But what if the message board ALSO has a poll? Awwww sh*t 

Well for me, your prescence in this thread is now no different than the homeless guy on 32nd screaming about the apocalypse. If doesn't really change much. 

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Well for me, your prescence in this thread is now no different than the homeless guy on 32nd screaming about the apocalypse. If doesn't really change much. 

Well except you going from party gif to convincer evidence back on the case guy within one post. Besides that!

8 minutes ago, HessStation said:

What's wrong with that when it supports the victory. I would post more intel either way if I found it. I like talking about it lol. 

Oooooh, I get it! And since you’re not trying to convince anyone it doesn’t matter where it came from! That was your move the whole time, pretty brilliant. 

Anyway - no argument from me that Sanders was the best CB before Revis. 

6 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Vance Joseph > Revis

so you don't think Revis would have won 4 rings w/ those Niners? Ronnie had a chance to help the Jets win, it didn't go so well.

Ronnie is one of the all time greats but he spent most of his career at S, if you are seriously trying to say Lott was a better cover corner I just give up talking to you.

Bringing up Lott is a great point, so many fans saw many of these great CBs turn into even better Safeties. Charles Woodson, Rod Woodson and others were great safeties.  even better than they were at corner.  None of them could compare to revis at corner.

Dee Milliner would win 4 rings with those Niners.

Yeah poor Jets were so talent laden when Lott came over. That bum cost them 3-4 titles cause he was old.

Revis doesnt belong in the same sentence. As Lott.

(cue all the junc science numbers in 1..................2..........)

13 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Dee Milliner would win 4 rings with those Niners.

Yeah poor Jets were so talent laden when Lott came over. That bum cost them 3-4 titles cause he was old.

Revis doesnt belong in the same sentence. As Lott.

(cue all the junc science numbers in 1..................2..........)

we were 8-5 needing 1 win to get to the playoffs in 1993, Ronnie helped us lose the last 3.

we had a huge lead on Miami which would have put us into 1st place heading into December, instead we blew it and lost every remaining game to get Pete Carroll fired.

No he didn't have to help us win SBs, we didn't have enough talent for that BUT we had playoff talent each year he was here and he didn't make any difference.

Revis doesn't belong in the same sentence as Lott as a Safety.  as corner Revis? Lott doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Revis.

Only on a Jets message board can fans back a guy who played here 2 years and made no difference while bashing the greatest player to ever play for this franchise who helped us reach the doorstep of the SB twice.

4 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we were 8-5 needing 1 win to get to the playoffs in 1993, Ronnie helped us lose the last 3.

we had a huge lead on Miami which would have put us into 1st place heading into December, instead we blew it and lost every remaining game to get Pete Carroll fired.

No he didn't have to help us win SBs, we didn't have enough talent for that BUT we had playoff talent each year he was here and he didn't make any difference.

Revis doesn't belong in the same sentence as Lott as a Safety.  as corner Revis? Lott doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Revis.

Only on a Jets message board can fans back a guy who played here 2 years and made no difference while bashing the greatest player to ever play for this franchise who helped us reach the doorstep of the SB twice.

The Jets collapsed because they stunk and Pete Carroll lost that team not becasue of RL. Truth? They were dopes AS USUAL signing a washed up 35 year old DB.

In case you hadnt noticed Revis last 2 years as a jet he stunk the joint up and he was only 30 years old.

Lets see if Revis can play to 35. He will probably weigh 285 by then.

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

The Jets collapsed because they stunk and Pete Carroll lost that team not becasue of RL. Truth? They were dopes AS USUAL signing a washed up 35 year old DB.

In case you hadnt noticed Revis last 2 years as a jet he stunk the joint up and he was only 30 years old.

Lets see if Revis can play to 35. He will probably weigh 285 by then.

Revis is 32, Lott was 34 when we signed him and KC didn't collapse and miss the playoffs like we did in 1993(though they did collapse in the playoff game but that's a KC tradition especially at home).

We didn't collapse specifically b/c of Lott but Lott was brought in to lead this team, he failed.

6 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Revis is 32, Lott was 34 when we signed him and KC didn't collapse and miss the playoffs like we did in 1993(though they did collapse in the playoff game but that's a KC tradition especially at home).

We didn't collapse specifically b/c of Lott but Lott was brought in to lead this team, he failed.

Revis was 30 and 31 his 2nd time around with the Jets he was still young and sucked due to effort.

Lott was 34 and 35 his 2 years here clearly physically washed up after a career giving 1000% and still managed 200 tackles.

23 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Revis was 30 and 31 his 2nd time around with the Jets he was still young and sucked due to effort.

Lott was 34 and 35 his 2 years here clearly physically washed up after a career giving 1000% and still managed 200 tackles.

Revis was very good his 1st year here, he wasn't revis 2009 level(which no one has ever approached) but he was one of the top corners in the league.  revis sucked in 2016 but that was his only bad season here.

Physically washed up? he was a year removed from being an all pro player. Ronnie Lott is an all time great, if we are including all DBs he's probably the best DB of all time but he wasn't a better corner than Revis. 

2 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Revis was very good his 1st year here, he wasn't revis 2009 level(which no one has ever approached) but he was one of the top corners in the league.  revis sucked in 2016 but that was his only bad season here.

Physically washed up? he was a year removed from being an all pro player. Ronnie Lott is an all time great, if we are including all DBs he's probably the best DB of all time but he wasn't a better corner than Revis. 

Revis is only 32.

Many all time greats played at a high level well past 32.

If he is the best corner ever why not resign him....again?

No? Reasons?

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Revis is only 32.

Many all time greats played at a high level well past 32.

If he is the best corner ever why not resign him....again?

No? Reasons?

I guess Terrell Davis and Gale Sayers weren't 2 of the best RBs of all time?

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 7:54 AM, Kleckineau said:

They had career ending injuries.

career altering injuries which Revis had in 2012 yet he came back and was an all pro.  He wasn't healthy in 2015 or 2016 w/ us yet he was really good in 2015.

5 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

career altering injuries which Revis had in 2012 yet he came back and was an all pro.  He wasn't healthy in 2015 or 2016 w/ us yet he was really good in 2015.

Please explain the point of comparing hof running backs with career ending injuries to an out of shape CB.

4 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Please explain the point of comparing hof running backs with career ending injuries to an out of shape CB.

again, those guys had career altering injuries just as Revis had.  Not every player plays 15-20 years. some are great for a shorter period of time but that greatness is greater than another player who might have been good over a longer period of time.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

again, those guys had career altering injuries just as Revis had.  Not every player plays 15-20 years. some are great for a shorter period of time but that greatness is greater than another player who might have been good over a longer period of time.

Sayers and Davis careers were over after 4-5 years from leg injuries.

Tell me why Revis wont play next season.

not being totally up to date on team's rosters, when I saw the highlights of the game, I thought that the Marcus Williams of N.O. who whiffed the tackle, was OUR Marcus Williams, and I was really embarrassed for us and the Jets. Relieved that it was a totally different Marcus Williams, and Jets have nothing to do with it....

21 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Sayers and Davis careers were over after 4-5 years from leg injuries.

Tell me why Revis wont play next season.

David came back after knee injury and had a good final year.  eh could have kept playing. Revis has had ONE bad season in his entire career.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

David came back after knee injury and had a good final year.  eh could have kept playing. Revis has had ONE bad season in his entire career.

You are making stuff up again. Davis retired because he was done finito. Made the right choice.

Yo didnt answer my question why Revis wont play again at 32 years old.

48 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

You are making stuff up again. Davis retired because he was done finito. Made the right choice.

Yo didnt answer my question why Revis wont play again at 32 years old.

Revis plans on playing next year.

Davis retired after he rushed for 701 yds on 4.2 YPC, his highest YPC since his great 1998 season(his last season pre injury).

21 hours ago, nyjunc said:

Actually he was below avg in 2015 and then was just awful in 2016 and 2017.

You say he wants to play (I havent heard him say that where is that from?) but tell me do you believe he will play again? Will his ego permit a vet minimum salary?

1 hour ago, Kleckineau said:

Actually he was below avg in 2015

I came in to visit maybe casual lol that it’s still going, saw this, and have to say that this is not true.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2016/best-cornerback-stats-2015

The thing about Revis being GOAT is that 2015 was below his average so it felt like an off year. Throw in that he was also not doing this as a volunteer, taking a large salary that just boils my blood to think about, plus the Jets sucked again and all the ingredients are there for yet another non-2016 Revis season to be undersold here. 

Take it for what it is but one of these charts is Revis the other 3 are Trumaine Johnson, Josh Norman and Patrick Peterson.

Revis was a fantastic CB in an era where that position has been severely handicapped by the leagues rules. I do think he is not the same CB anymore, he's clearly lost a step and appears to be in self preservation mode. (Try to collect a check while not injuring himself) If I were and NFL team I would not pay him much next year. IMO the league, outside of QB, is going to get significantly younger because older players realize the effects of all the head shots over time, particularly on defense. 

IMG_4073.PNG

IMG_4074.PNG

IMG_4075.PNG

IMG_4077.PNG

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Actually he was below avg in 2015 and then was just awful in 2016 and 2017.

You say he wants to play (I havent heard him say that where is that from?) but tell me do you believe he will play again? Will his ego permit a vet minimum salary?

he was below his average in 2015 but one of the best corners in the game that year.  He has had ONE bad season which was 2016.

tell me any former all time greats that played for vet minimum?

http://larrybrownsports.com/football/darrelle-revis-play-in-2018/421763

Archived