• Last Reply
On 1/16/2018 at 12:38 AM, SenorGato said:

Those teams’ cap space going into the 2018 offseason in millions obviously:

$27.8

$28.6

$112.4

$80.6

$53.9

So the first two don’t have the money. The other three of those teams have a legit shot at Cousins without cutting starters, he’s been shutting down one of them for 3 years now. It’s Jets vs. Browns and an easy call for Cousins. 

Jax could be in the mix as well. If they cut Bortles, they will have 36 million. 

So this guy has the Jets keeping Petty ? While I understand the knock on Hack I don't understand how anyone could want Petty or even keep the guy on the roster . Josh freaking McCown moved this offense all year and had his best season when Petty came in he had his chance to take this team and he stunk so bad even me the QB optimist have no use for him at all. 

Also when comparing Hack vs Petty at least Petty had the chance to show something both last year and this year and he sucked badly just about every game. Hack has not had any chance to play and very little if at all work with the starters in practice. 

Conclusion neither one of these guys are even back up material at this stage so if the Jets do sign Cousins they should seriously think of taking a QB in the mid rounds to groom as a potential back up with the ability to step in after a few years if Cousins is not what he seems to be long term

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Denver 1st

Jets 8th

2017 SoS

If this is the correct strength of schedule the Broncos should not be picking in front of the Jets, we have the same record, and the first tie breaker is team with lowest SOS, so this has to be based on their opponents record the previous year not the finishing SOS after the 2017 season.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

If this is the correct strength of schedule the Broncos should not be picking in front of the Jets, we have the same record, and the first tie breaker is team with lowest SOS, so this has to be based on their opponents record the previous year not the finishing SOS after the 2017 season.

Correct, I was mistaken. Jets were 10th Broncos were 18th.

Jets assistant defensive backs coach Daylon McCutcheon will not return in 2018, the Daily News has learned. McCutcheon, who played seven seasons with the Browns, primarily worked with the cornerbacks for the past two years. He left the team to be closer to his family in California.

Todd Bowles was McCutcheon's position coach in Cleveland.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:37 PM, Patriot Killa said:

I’ve seen some gritty comebacks. I ‘be read about some dominate performance..but I can’t sit here and say he doesn’t lose. 7-9 is a fact so i’ll give peopele that...but I just feel like with a few pieces added that he never had he can be good to great for at least 6 years. And the playoffs this year have already showed us players like Blake Bortles and Marcus Mariota(Or Tyrod Taylor) can get into the playoffs. 

Yes.  The Age of QB dominance might be fading

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

Yes.  The Age of QB dominance might be fading

I remember this question being brought up when Chip Kelly was brought to Philly. Will teams opt for cheaper options and just create high pass efficiency offenses and take some of the emphasis off the QB. I think that tactic makes a lot of sense while you don't have a legit QB so maybe 1/3 to 1/2 the league but once you get a player that can consistently be the guy, if you are not hamstringing yourself, would be to sign him to a deal.

On 1/16/2018 at 7:33 PM, SenorGato said:

Ansah’s 3 years older than Bell while also having the aging disease. He’s also two years older than Abraham was when he hit FA. He could be looking at $100+ million in total value and $60 million in garauntees as a FA. Browns will sign him or Lions franchise him. 

And Pass rushers have long careers Michael Strahan and Reggie White say hello

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

And Pass rushers have long careers Michael Strahan and Reggie White say hello

That’s cool, both those guys had 30+ sacks on him heading into their age 29 seasons. If he had their production or durability (or at least those of his peers in today’s league) or were maybe 3 years younger it would be more of a topic, but pass on a huge contract for an oft injured defensive player pushing 30 who isn’t top of the league. 

Archived