BREAKING NEWS!! JETS STH PRICE REDUCTION & 2019 FREEZE

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, nj meadowlands said:

Just learned that my seats (mezz endzone) are going from $130 a game to $95 a game, which is awesome.

What's more, is that new buyers in these sections do NOT need to buy a PSL.  

My question for those who are also involved in this PSL scam is - should I quit making my PSL payments? What is the benefit of continuing?  I suppose, in theory, if the Jets got really good over the next 10 years, someone could come into my seats via a PSL and the Jets could punt us out (we have 6 tickets), but how likely is that?

I don’t think you have season tickets past the 2018 season, say the Jets by some miracle find an instant franchise QB by draft, or FA, and look like a fine tuned machine this upcoming season every single person who got the 2018 season tickets will not have rights to those seats in 2019, the Jets can return them to PSL tickets it’s year to year unlike PSL holders, or upper deck tickets.  At least that’s how I interpret it.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

I don’t think you have season tickets past the 2018 season, say the Jets by some miracle find an instant franchise QB by draft, or FA, and look like a fine tuned machine this upcoming season every single person who got the 2018 season tickets will not have rights to those seats in 2019, the Jets can return them to PSL tickets it’s year to year unlike PSL holders, or upper deck tickets.  At least that’s how I interpret it.

That is one way of seeing it

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

At the same time, that might result in them having to boot a LOT of non-PSL new buyers and filling those seats anew with PSL holders, which would be a logistical mess for them.  Can't forget how difficult a time they had getting the first round of PSL holders in there.

1 hour ago, Lupz27 said:

Yep.  If the Jets get good, most people wouldn't want to be in the crappy Mezz anyway.  Sight lines there are the equivalent of old Giants stadium upper deck.  Ok but far from worthy of a PSL.  And I am not trying to offend anyone who likes Mezz corner seating.  I sat there for 2 years.  They are just ok but IMO not worth any PSL compared to better sight lines below.  Just too far from the action the setback is waaaay more than the reps led us to believe.  So for those of you who like your Mezz A view, neg rep away, but its just my opinion.

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yep.  If the Jets get good, most people wouldn't want to be in the crappy Mezz anyway.  Sight lines there are the equivalent of old Giants stadium upper deck.  Ok but far from worthy of a PSL.

My 1st Row 40 yard line Mezz seats sight lines are probably the best in the building it’s like watching the game from all 22 camera, but live.

6 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Yep.  If the Jets get good, most people wouldn't want to be in the crappy Mezz anyway.  Sight lines there are the equivalent of old Giants stadium upper deck.  Ok but far from worthy of a PSL.

MEZZ are the best seats in the house. Especially those with access to the Toyota Club,Touchdown Club great food controlled environment if needed and no lines to the bathrooms. 

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

This is a dumb take, but whatever you say.

No, think about it.  If the Jets all of a sudden become competitive (seriously competitive), those seats will be among the first to go as they carry no PSL.  (remember that the reason why so many of those Mezz A seats are available for sale is that the former PSL owners have bailed out or moved to better seating).  That's fine for them but not for the ppl that paid $4,000 to sit in the same seats.  At least they get to retain those seats year after year.  The non PSL holders will be in a pot-luck situation to see what they get.  One would think that any PSL holder would object to that situation based on "fairness".  

If I still owned a $4,000 Mezz A PSL after this move by the Jets, I'd be on the phone with them screaming about it.  I'd ask for a $4,000 credit towards a Lower sidelines PSL or something better than Mezz end zone, whose PSL was literally (as opposed to the usual figuratively) made worthless by this move.  Essentially, the Jets just de-valued the Mezz PSL to zero (even though supply and demand had it close to zero anyway.)

Don't be surprised when Mezz PSL holders file the class action suit.  Jets have unilaterally changed the circumstances of their PSL purchase and it doesn't pass the smell test.

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Don't be surprised when Mezz PSL holders file the class action suit.  Jets have unilaterally changed the circumstances of their PSL purchase and it doesn't pass the smell test.

LOL good luck read the fine print on the tickets MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT..you have no rights as a season ticket holder. So PSL owners will waste more money on lawyers  LOL COME ON  MAN 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

MEZZ are the best seats in the house. Especially those with access to the Toyota Club,Touchdown Club great food controlled environment if needed and no lines to the bathrooms. 

Not talking about sidelines Mezz (Clubs).  Talking about Mezz A and B (endzone and corners) where I sat for a couple of seasons.  To each his own.  245A at MetLife was no better than upper corners at Giants Stadium.  Was nothing like Giants' Stadium Mezz corners, which made you feel like you were right on top of the action.  245A felt like it was all the way out to the garden State Parkway. 

2 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

So does this mean they have given up trying to win. 

@SAR I

Image result for sonar gifs

So other MEZZ seats will still be PSL's?   What about lowering parking fees. 

The Jets also will offer more seats that don't require PSLs. When the stadium opened, only upper level seats didn't require PSLs. This year, Glat said, in some mezzanine sections "fans will have the ability to buy at the new price without a PSL. They can get in as a season ticket holder, but they would not have the benefits of a season ticket holder with a PSL."

Benefits for a PSL holder?  Please let me know what they are other than rewards points to get fidget spinners.... 

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL good luck read the fine print on the tickets MANAGEMENT DESERVES THE RIGHT..you have no rights as a season ticket holder. So PSL owners will waste more money on lawyers  LOL COME ON  MAN 

Oh yeah?  Wait and watch.  This one is egregious.

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No, think about it.  If the Jets all of a sudden become competitive (seriously competitive), those seats will be among the first to go as they carry no PSL.  (remember that the reason why so many of those Mezz A seats are available for sale is that the former PSL owners have bailed out or moved to better seating).  That's fine for them but not for the ppl that paid $4,000 to sit in the same seats.  At least they get to retain those seats year after year.  The non PSL holders will be in a pot-luck situation to see what they get.  One would think that any PSL holder would object to that situation based on "fairness".  

If I still owned a $4,000 Mezz A PSL after this move by the Jets, I'd be on the phone with them screaming about it.  I'd ask for a $4,000 credit towards a Lower sidelines PSL or something better than Mezz end zone, whose PSL was literally (as opposed to the usual figuratively) made worthless by this move.  Essentially, the Jets just de-valued the Mezz PSL to zero (even though supply and demand had it close to zero anyway.)

But, can't the Jets argue that the PSL holders have had something for 8 years now.  There has to be some devaluation.  Perhaps, in this case, it was to 0.  I can't sue a clothing store if I buy a new shirt in the fall and come spring, they put that same shirt on sale for 1/2 price.

How  many fans sued that had season tickets in the old stadium and get screwed out of them in the new stadium ala PSL's? 

Let me know I was one of them. 

not relevant to this issue.

Jets required a PSL for all of Mezz A.  People paid $4,000.  Some moved out to better seats and paid more.  Many abandoned their PSLs after several years whether fully paid or partially paid.  Now the Jets are giving those seats away to people without requiring any payment for PSLs.  Just looked at the PSL agreement.  Nowhere does it say that this is allowed or not allowed.  Ther e is no Management reserves the right to change all this and not give you back your money.  I guess you can sort of view the $350 price reduction as some kind of PSL reimbursement, but then again new ticket holders will be paying the $95 price without having to purchase any PSL.  Mezz A & B PSL holders have just been royally screwed. 

Just now, gEYno said:

But, can't the Jets argue that the PSL holders have had something for 8 years now.  There has to be some devaluation.  Perhaps, in this case, it was to 0.  I can't sue a clothing store if I buy a new shirt in the fall and come spring, they put that same shirt on sale for 1/2 price.

I had season tickets in the old stadium for 23+ years and I GOT NOTHING 

Which is exactly what you were entitled to.  Prices went up.  You didn't like it and so you left.  Then you proceeded to whine about it for 8+ years.  Life is hard and things cost money.

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

true, but I'm not so sure I accept that attempt at analogy.  When the Jets sold the PSLs there was a reasonable expectation that the location would remian a PSL spot.  Not so with fashion.  No one would ever purchase a PSL now in Mezz A because the jets have pretty much made it a nonPSL section.  If the Jets get better in a couple of years, PSLs in other parts of the staduium will beat least a little more valuable than today.  Not so in Mezz A anymore.  I think that is lawsuit worthy.  I don't own a PSL in Mezz A any more but if I did I'd be furious.

4 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

nor should you have. You didn't own anything.  Your ticket was a license.  PSLs on the other hand have a property/ownership priviledge that tickets in the old dump didn't have (neither for the Jets NOR the Giants).

Just now, Dcat said:

nor should you have. You didn't own anything.  Your ticket was a license.  PSLs on the other hand have a property/ownership priviledge that tickets in the old dump didn't have (neither for the Jets NOR the Giants).

Good luck you see how the NY Jets organization is respecting the PSL owners READ THE FINE PRINT 

For those fans who laughed at the former season ticket holders who got screwed I'm now laughing at them. 

4 minutes ago, Dcat said:

true, but I'm not so sure I accept that attempt at analogy.  When the Jets sold the PSLs there was a reasonable expectation that the location would remian a PSL spot.  Not so with fashion.  No one would ever purchase a PSL now in Mezz A because the jets have pretty much made it a nonPSL section.  If the Jets get better in a couple of years, PSLs in other parts of the staduium will beat least a little more valuable than today.  Not so in Mezz A anymore.  I think that is lawsuit worthy.  I don't own a PSL in Mezz A any more but if I did I'd be furious.

But why would I, a buyer for 2018 pay anything resembling what you paid in 2010 for a product which has a shorter shelf-life, and for which the market dictated was not worth the same value?

Sadly for the Jets, and original PSL owners who had any attitude besides SAR I's (this is fun money), the market bottomed.

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Good luck you see how the NY Jets organization is respecting the PSL owners READ THE FINE PRINT 

For those fans who laughed at the former season ticket holders who got screwed I'm now laughing at them. 

I have my PSL agreement in front of me.  What clause am I missing?  I've read all the fine print and see each sides rights (or lack thereof).  I see nothing that would allow the team to convert the seat next to me into a non PSL seat.  

It's a moot point for me because I bailed out of the Mezz corners after 2 years when I realized I was farther away from the field as Upper Corners were in Giants stadium.  Moved downstairs. 

6 minutes ago, gEYno said:

But why would I, a buyer for 2018 pay anything resembling what you paid in 2010 for a product which has a shorter shelf-life, and for which the market dictated was not worth the same value?

Sadly for the Jets, and original PSL owners who had any attitude besides SAR I's (this is fun money), the market bottomed.

But one week ago, you would have been charged $4,000 for that PSL and the sales rep would have gushed over all the "benefits" you were getting..  What changed this week? 

Look I understand that the jets want to fill all those empty Mezz A and Mezz B seats.  Other than the 8 Mezz A sections in the corners, most of the rest of Mezz A and Mezz B seats are empty.  Jets would have been way better off keeping the ticket prices around $120 and just giving back the PSL money over time to the PSL holders.  The way they are doing this really puts the knife in the hearts (and wallets) of Mezz A & B PSL holders.

8 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I have my PSL agreement in front of me.  What clause am I missing?  I've read all the fine print and see each sides rights (or lack thereof).  I see nothing that would allow the team to convert the seat next to me into a non PSL seat.  

They are doing it and have been this went on last season you could buy single game tickets now you can buy the entire season and sit in the same seat no PSL needed. 

Its a  kick in the nuts to PSL owners I agree. 

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

But one week ago, you would have been charged $4,000 for that PSL and the sales rep would have gushed over all the "benefits" you were getting..  What changed this week? 

Look I understand that the jets want to fill all those empty Mezz A and Mezz B seats.  Other than the 8 Mezz A sections in the corners, most of the rest of Mezz A and Mezz B seats are empty.  Jets would have been way better off keeping the ticket prices around $120 and just giving back the PSL money over time to the PSL holders.  The way they are doing this really puts the knife in the hearts (and wallets) of Mezz A & B PSL holders.

The market corrected?  It's not a securitized market or bitcoin or something, the Jets corrected for the actual value today.  It does suck, but what can you do.  People who thought it was worth that 4K last week, paid 4K last week.  I doubt very much their were (m)any of them, otherwise they'd still cost 4K.

By not selling any kind of PSL (bond), the Jets retain the right to, in the near future, re-sell those seats should the value return to near what they were initially valued at.  Seems like a win-win.

30 minutes ago, gEYno said:

Which is exactly what you were entitled to.  Prices went up.  You didn't like it and so you left.  Then you proceeded to whine about it for 8+ years.  Life is hard and things cost money.

WRONG 

My row 11 seat was backed up to the last row same section even with my seniority others who bumped me had more seniority I was ok with that a PSL fee added when I complained I was offered UD seats no PSL I took them for 1 season in the new stadium attended 2 games gave the rest away to my son and his friends Jets fans seats were way too high. 

So when all this smoke clears years later, PSL owners are now getting royally screwed it seems. Lets see how they like it. 

Bottom line we ALL got screwed. 

No whining grow up. 

Image result for ny jets psl go to hell pics

Image result for ny jets psl go to hell pics

44 minutes ago, Dcat said:

I get all this.  I was just talking about the visual perspective of the seats, which I very much enjoy (and I sat upstairs at the old place).

I spoke to a rep today, and you can in fact roll any PSL payments you've made toward upgraded seats this year.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

WRONG 

My row 11 seat was backed up to the last row same section even with my seniority others who bumped me had more seniority I was ok with that a PSL fee added when I complained I was offered UD seats no PSL I took them for 1 season in the new stadium attended 2 games gave the rest away to my son and his friends Jets fans seats were way too high. 

So when all this smoke clears years later, PSL owners are now getting royally screwed it seems. Lets see how they like it. 

Bottom line we ALL got screwed. 

No whining grow up. 

You actually sound pleased that Mezz A nd Mezz B PSL holders are getting screwed by the team.  Boo.

Just now, Dcat said:

You actually sound pleased that Mezz A nd Mezz B PSL holders are getting screwed by the team.  Boo.

No I'm actually not.  It sucks. BEEN THERE DONE THAT. 

I dont feel any compassion for those that laughed and ridiculed the season ticket holders from Giants Stadium who got screwed out of seats they had for a longtime. 

Now they know how it feels. 

Just now, nj meadowlands said:

I get all this.  I was just talking about the visual perspective of the seats, which I very much enjoy (and I sat upstairs at the old place).

I spoke to a rep today, and you can in fact roll any PSL payments you've made toward upgraded seats this year.

I sat in Giants Stadium Mezz corners.  I sat in Metlife Mezz corners.  No comparison.  MetLife Mezz corners were NOTHING like Giants stadium Mezz corners, which made you feel like you were directly above the corner and above the action instead of 2 miles away.  Row 4 of Mezz A 245A was like row 14 of Giants stadium Upper Deck corner not like Mezz corner.  everyone I knew in that section changed their location or just quit after a few years.  

Archived