Love Letter Mafia Game over Scum Wins!

Kaylee

44 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

discussing mechanics.  heres the problem...you've been doing it since like 5 minutes into the game 3 people have already outted their cards. the problems with whats happened is that 1 ure narrowing the pool for scum as to who might have the real power cards atm    assuming all three are town of course.

I completely agree with this.

45 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

Then theres lizzies comment  that had already occurred to me and I SHUT UP about it because it might not have OCCURRED TO SCUM YET!
don't give them ANYTHING you don't have to, let alone a good idea for a late game play that can **** town over.

45 minutes ago, Dicetosser said:

did you read lizzies post before it? As I said id already thought of that and realized it SHOULDNT be said cause its coaching scum. the only reason it may be stilted is I didn't get to post it exactly when I thought it  there was a bit of delay cause I was at work.

I think you're referring to me here in these two posts and not Lizzie.

The irony of this is that the only reason I was explaining what Scum could do, was so that people don't reveal their cards willy nilly, which is a point we both agree on.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

For real though. Did it ever get bad and if so, improve?

No. Never had a problem. I treat patients all day. I spend a lot of time making sure my breathe isnt brutal. I brush and take mouth wash dozen times a day. But I really never noticed a difference.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, decent defense from Dice, but I still disagree with his line of thinking.

There are 6 town and 2 scum.  The 2 scum have a QT to discuss game strategy.  I refuse to believe scum is dumber than town in any game we play.  Thus, discussing the game mechanics, while yes, has potential to help scum, is more beneficial to town.  We don't want confusion.  

Yes, I agree we should discuss potential strategies and game mechanics, but my whole point of doing so was to convince people to not reveal their card for no reason. In your case, revealing is necessary today because you plan to use your card, but... you could have waited until we had more information. Seemed kinda soon, but it's your card to use when you want.

How the hell is it that I agree with both 80 and Dice, yet also disagree with both 80 and Dice? With that, plus the talk of @The Crusher loosing weight (congrats, man!) it's like the ****in' Twilight Zone in here.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

How the hell is it that I agree with both 80 and Dice, yet also disagree with both 80 and Dice? With that, plus the talk of @The Crusher loosing weight (congrats, man!) it's like the ****in' Twilight Zone in here.

I'd say great minds think alike, except Dice's posts read like the sound a cat would make if you put it in a bag and shook it around, and I'm a village idiot.  So.....

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never once read a scum QT after a game where scum needed town to give them their strategies for them.  I get that subtlety is a big thing for some players but rarely are there brilliant plays made by townies that go unnoticed by Scum. 

The game still comes down to town working together and scumhunting.  Pretty simple.  Nothing I'm doing is handing scum a win.  

The only thing I don't believe in mentioning right away, is if I see a player hint at a Town PR. I usually just take notice, but don't say anything about, in case Scum didn't notice.

But I think pure speculation is 100% game.

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

The only thing I don't believe in mentioning right away, is if I see a player hint at a Town PR. I usually just take notice, but don't say anything about, in case Scum didn't notice.

But I think pure speculation is 100% game.

Yep, that's about it.  There's other areas where nuance matters, but the game has to play out a bit before that can happen.  Dice complaining 5 pages in about mostly a whole bunch of nothing was just weird.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Yep, that's about it.  There's other areas where nuance matters, but the game has to play out a bit before that can happen.  Dice complaining 5 pages in about mostly a whole bunch of nothing was just weird.  

Yeah, but I can see where he's coming from. I just don't entirely agree with it.

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Yes. SMC did and it was a miserable **** fest of a conversion game.

Ah. I've never really played a full on conversion game, so I don't exactly get the hate. I think I played one game with Cult as a 3rd party, but (IIRC) they were taken out pretty early.

2 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ah. I've never really played a full on conversion game, so I don't exactly get the hate. I think I played one game with Cult as a 3rd party, but (IIRC) they were taken out pretty early.

The problem with conversion games is that any information town generated from previous days gets wiped clean the next day.  Every day operates like a Day 1, because you can't trust the players you were confident were town.  Very frustrating.  

Also, if you've spent all game putting in good work with town, it sucks to get converted. 

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The problem with conversion games is that any information town generated from previous days gets wiped clean the next day.  Every day operates like a Day 1, because you can't trust the players you were confident were town.  Very frustrating.  

Also, if you've spent all game putting in good work with town, it sucks to get converted. 

Yeah, that makes sense. It's probably only fun for the one person who starts out as the Cult Leader.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

And blaming me for the reveals that happened after me is bullsh*t.  I had a very good reason to reveal.  And I won't take responsibility for the actions of JiF or Crusher, just because I talked about what the cards do and which players have incentive to reveal.  

dude learn to read. I didnt blame you for the rush of reveals. 

2 hours ago, Lizard King said:

I can't even read it.

you need to go back to kindy but dont weorry as i may have mixed you and spoot up

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I've never once read a scum QT after a game where scum needed town to give them their strategies for them.  I get that subtlety is a big thing for some players but rarely are there brilliant plays made by townies that go unnoticed by Scum. 

The game still comes down to town working together and scumhunting.  Pretty simple.  Nothing I'm doing is handing scum a win.  

Ive PLAYED in a scum team that lost because we missed a mechanical thing. It is quite possible.

8 hours ago, Dicetosser said:

As for Nolders vote?? that reasoning doesn't jive with the Nolder I know. it reads to me as scum trying to find a way to slide onto a town lynch without looking bad

Not sure which Nolder you know but I always join trains early on. I like to pressure people.

Archived