Mafia for Beginners - Game Thread (GAME OVER - Town wins)

Mouthful of blood. All teeth in tact. No neck pain, pupils good. Looks awful, but the worst part is probably the way she screamed. She’s good. Gonna have bruises and a fat lip force a while. I’m done for tonight - thanks guys. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

We always unvite here. 80 is a dildo.

vote gata

I get CTM but why did you vote for me ?

9 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Mouthful of blood. All teeth in tact. No neck pain, pupils good. Looks awful, but the worst part is probably the way she screamed. She’s good. Gonna have bruises and a fat lip force a while. I’m done for tonight - thanks guys. 

Damn, I hope she gets better. Any stitches? 

21 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

You ever see scum Ape defend? Defines relentless. Ape is trying to turn into a part time player as opposed to the driving hard force behind the mafia goodness . He isn’t controlling the narrative and force feeding it down our damn throats. This is town Ape or something new from him. Truth is, its making it tingle. 

Yeah, it's been awhile since I've seen Ape play. It's possible this is a new, evolved Ape. I'm okay with waiting to see how the game progresses.

Official Day 2 Vote Count

CTM (4) - Lizzie, GATA, JiF, Spoot

GATA (2)  - CTM, Ape

Lizzie (1) - Crusher

Ballin (1) - Hess

Brick (1) - Nolder

Spoot (1) - Brick

Not Voting  (4) - Stark, Ballin, Leelou, AVM

With 14 alive, it takes 8 votes to lynch

23 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Later Ape. She needs a Popsicle. Popsicle are awesome. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, CTM said:

Maybe they thought pac was rolled? Maybe to give no or confusing info? Maybe to send town on a wild goose chase? 

4 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

AVM is mid-confirmed town. Big deal. He’s not going to be a power role. Scum is shooting to take out the cop or find the doc first and foremost, every game.

Youve played before. It’s pingy that this needs explanation.

I was kind of assuming this was a vanilla game for the newbies.

Do you even think there are roles?

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Ah ok. No worries man. Take whatever time you need. Night.

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

****. . My daughter fell and split her lio open while I was typing that. I give no ****s here.

was saying “ high-effort something...”

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

That sucks but glad she's ok.

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Glad to hear she's okay. 

Thanks for the sentiments all. It was her first big “accident” so she was also a bit panicked by the blood. She’s a smart kid, sometimes too smart for her own good, and her mind works fast toward anxiousness in situations like this. She’s good. Just need to explain how injuries heal, why we bleed, why we bruise, why we swell up, etc. 

If I’d had my wits about me, and didn’t have my nose in the phone I’d have caught her. Might be a better lesson for her to have experienced a hard fall. Still feels crappy not being able to protect her.

Anywho game on... who is scum and wants to take me on?

• Upvote 3

On 3/2/2018 at 7:29 PM, GATA said:

You know women that overreact and then think about what they did and then apologize that’s me. 

This is digusting

On 3/2/2018 at 10:22 PM, BrickTamland said:

Lets get spoot killed boys and girls. This guy posts are way too long and he tries too hard. 

I agree with this. The long posts to try to seem like they are actively scumhunting when in fact you are just making light comments on each post.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

I agree with this. The long posts to try to seem like they are actively scumhunting when in fact you are just making light comments on each post.

This is funny coming from you who's been mostly absent this game.

Where's your scumhunting, buddy? Let's see it, because all you've been doing is making light comments.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

This is funny coming from you who's been mostly absent this game.

Where's your scumhunting, buddy? Let's see it, because all you've been doing is making light comments.

My light comments are exactly what they are.  Im not invested at the moment in this game.  But go on you guys can multi quote to death so it makes people think you’re “trying” or “scumhunting”.  

3 hours ago, BallinPB said:

Vote gata

i have the feeling shes been sitting behind the im a newb plus a nice girl schtick.

1.I did not say I’m nice 

2. Lynch all you liars.

3. It’s interesting how you guys go after the newb as opposed to going after the veterans trying to persuade your vote. 

11 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

What does this mean?

I think some of the veteran players trying to call me out are actually scum diverting the attention to me. That is my hypothesis 

1 minute ago, GATA said:

I think some of the veteran players trying to call me out are actually scum diverting the attention to me. That is my hypothesis 

That’s different than what your quote said. Your quote implied that only veteran scum players would try and pursuade your vote, as if newb scum wouldn’t. Which makes no sense. 

35 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

That’s different than what your quote said. Your quote implied that only veteran scum players would try and pursuade your vote, as if newb scum wouldn’t. Which makes no sense. 

Yes, because thus far it’s just the veteran players calling me out. And at this point if I am lynched you will all see my innocence. 

1 hour ago, BallinPB said:

My light comments are exactly what they are.  Im not invested at the moment in this game.  But go on you guys can multi quote to death so it makes people think you’re “trying” or “scumhunting”.  

Ha! So now putting a potential topic of conversation out there in its entirety for others to easily read is fake trying.

See, that's the problem with JN Mafia. The more you try to be active, participate, and generate conversation, the more people say you are "trying too hard" and eventually they call you Scum for it. Meanwhile, Scum gets to sit back, relax, and point the finger while not being active and hiding under the guise of "just not invested in the game right now".

But thanks for your contribution to the game.

10 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Ha! So now putting a potential topic of conversation out there in its entirety for others to easily read is fake trying.

See, that's the problem with JN Mafia. The more you try to be active, participate, and generate conversation, the more people say you are "trying too hard" and eventually they call you Scum for it. Meanwhile, Scum gets to sit back, relax, and point the finger while not being active and hiding under the guise of "just not invested in the game right now".

But thanks for your contribution to the game.

There is truth to that but some of us prefer to kill off inactives. If im going to lose I'd much rather lose to the person putting himself out there than to the person hiding.

1 hour ago, GATA said:

That's a very typical reaction when you're new to Mafia. Hell, it even happens when you're a veteran.

When you're a Townie, then you know you're a Townie, so you naturally assume that everyone else should see that you are, and when they don't you get defensive and must assume that they are Scum, because why would a Townie call out another Townie, right? But you forget that they can't know your alignment (unless they're Scum), and that most Townies, at some point, look Scummy (and some will purposely skirt the line between looking Town and looking Scum). And that is even more true when you're new, because you don't really know how to act Townie, because being Townie and acting Townie are two different things, and you have to acquire the latter as a skill.

1 minute ago, CTM said:

There is truth to that but some of us prefer to kill off inactives. If im going to lose I'd much rather lose to the person putting himself out there than to the person hiding.

I 100% agree with that.

If my choice is between lynching an active player and an inactive player, and I see them as pretty equally scummy, then I lynch the inactive one, because there will be more time to read and case the active one later in the game.