Lets take a second to thank the Dolphins, Bills, and Browns

SenorGato

9 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

But they are entertaining ?

BTW this is one of the things that sucks most about you - the utter inability to entertain despite that being where all your efforts really go (in the form of trolling).

I say scrap this bot and move on to the next next Tx candidate.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, MDL_JET said:

Not mortgage it all. But they can give a lot and still have picks left over to make their own picks. I don’t see them giving up both 1s both 2s and 3s and all that. 

Then they're definitely not trading up for anyone worthwhile. 

I had no idea the Bills were one of the oldest teams last year. The case for them got a little weaker.

1 hour ago, SenorGato said:

Well it's totally a maybe. I've heard money isn't so valuable from a crowd I've had to link things like time value of money and supply and demand to. Nobody wants money but bad players or something.

I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about, but I’m really enjoying this whole Pac/Eugene Debs pastiche you’ve got going.

3 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

I have no earthly idea what you’re talking about, but I’m really enjoying this whole Pac/Eugene Debs pastiche you’ve got going.

:shrugs: I think you do but it would be inconvenient to address head on. At least you seem done with trying to convince me the Bills are a thing - which is just Pac for a different team.

Just now, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

I thought the whole point of waxing incoherent was being impossible to address head on.

What's incoherent about money having way more value than you guys want to pretend and picking in the 20s isn't going to get you into the top 5? 

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Draft Value Chart says two 1sts and a 2nd gets you to #4/#5

15 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Per the trusty old trade chart, value of Jets picks in Rd 1-3= 2770

Bills Rd 1-3=2681

Then there's the fact that that draft value chart went out the window with the Wentz deal, where a team picking 8th paid what was paid. 

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Then there's the fact that that draft value chart went out the window with the Wentz deal, where a team picking 8th paid what was paid. 

I honestly don't really care much about the draft chart, my post was simply to point out that all the hand wringing over the Bills ability to trade up is silly.

No situation is ever going to be the exact same.  The Browns were obviously on a 100% complete tear down.  Neither the Colts nor the Giants are in that situation, so it's not reasonsable to think they will take a large number of mostly non premium of picks simply because it's offered.  

9 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

Given time to work on it one could probably reverse engineer a 'true' chart but there's no money in it and it's probably not going to look radically different anyway.

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I honestly don't really care much about the draft chart, my post was simply to point out that all the hand wringing over the Bills ability to trade up is silly.

No situation is ever going to be the exact same.  The Browns were obviously on a 100% complete tear down.  Neither the Colts nor the Giants are in that situation, so it's not reasonsable to think they will take a large number of mostly non premium of picks simply because it's offered.  

If you’re the Giants and you’re serious about giving Eli one more year to sort it out, and you really, really want to draft an OL, taking a package including the Dolphins’ first rounder this year and next is a good way to go about that. 

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Oh same on not caring for it so much. I just thought it was funny given the hysteria on this board.

There's the tiniest shot, tiny, that some team in the top 5 will move themselves down that much in a draft for extra picks. In that scenario the geriatric Bills are stil more a decent and older roster than one to actually fear. Sounds like they're setting up to be the '09-'11 Jets to me. Same thing for the Dolphins, if they get aggressive it's because they plan to win with their DL. 

12 minutes ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Given time to work on it one could probably reverse engineer a 'true' chart but there's no money in it and it's probably not going to look radically different anyway.

Fair enough...Fine, I'll leave the door open  on one of these teams doing something worthwhile with those picks. If the Jets miss Cousins they can do the same. I'm sure the Giants or Colts wouldn't complain about staying in the top ten, getting a first next year from a likely (without Cousins) low ceiling team, a couple more top 50 picks, and the Jets' third. 

22 hours ago, SenorGato said:

If it's even possible, I'm less concerned about the Dohins than I am the Bills. If either of these teams do something impressive with these picks, I will be the first person here to politely golf clap, but not so deep down we all know.

Let's see how free agency goes, but to me the Fins are more of a threat to jump us and grab the QB we like. I agree it's not as easy to move up from 11 than 6 but then again it is Tanny, who will give up the farm. The last thing I want is to see the Fins land a franchise QB, my own paranoia. 

19 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If you’re the Giants and you’re serious about giving Eli one more year to sort it out, and you really, really want to draft an OL, taking a package including the Dolphins’ first rounder this year and next is a good way to go about that. 

If Barkley is not there, that is a good way to accomplish both that and hosing their co-tenants.

19 minutes ago, varjet said:

If Barkley is not there, that is a good way to accomplish both that and hosing their co-tenants.

Win-win, really. Drop to 11, hear the screams of Jets fans as Darnold becomes a Dolphin, take McGlinchey or Conor Williams at 11, then if Eli sucks, go into next year with your super-high first and the Dolphins’ (who will start and lose with Darnold) super-high first. 

On 3/10/2018 at 10:41 AM, SenorGato said:

No one in the top 5 is dropping themselves 16+ spots down. Good luck finding any precedent for that in league history that also ended well for the trading down. 

Well the Bills have moved up... Feeling pretty right about this one. They're going all in to move up.

4 minutes ago, SenorGato said:

to 12. Why leave that detail out? Moving up Minimum 7, as many as 10 more spots, isn't so much better than 16 in this draft. 

I mean, clearly they're doing anything and everything they can to move up for a QB. You'd have to be a complete dope not to think there's a very good chance they end up in the top 5.

On 3/9/2018 at 7:44 PM, gEYno said:

Nothing bad happened for the Jets today, but I'm not sure why we can say that anything good happened.  There's still plenty of bad signings to be had.  If history is any indicator, we will still find some of them.

as will everyone else over the years

6 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, clearly they're doing anything and everything they can to move up for a QB. You'd have to be a complete dope not to think there's a very good chance they end up in the top 5.

Other way around - you'd have to be a complete dope to think they have a good chance to get into the top 5 unless one of those teams is looking to commit franchise suicide by terrible draft decisions. Their next best shot is if the Jets sign Cousins eliminating them as a trade up team, in which case the Bills are free to grab their Sanchez in Josh Allen.

1 minute ago, SenorGato said:

Other way around - you'd have to be a complete dope to think they have a good chance to get into the top 5 unless one of those teams is looking to commit franchise suicide by terrible draft decisions. Their next best shot is if the Jets sign Cousins eliminating them as a trade up team, in which case the Bills are free to grab their Sanchez in Josh Allen.

Why on earth do you not think they'd be able to do it? Their two firsts are already worth more than picks 4, 5 and 6 on the draft chart. Throw in next years first and maybe a 2nd or two? They easily have the assets to move up, and several teams in the top 5 have shown a willingness to move down. There's no basis whatsoever to say it's unlikely.

8 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Why on earth do you not think they'd be able to do it? Their two firsts are already worth more than picks 4, 5 and 6 on the draft chart. Throw in next years first and maybe a 2nd or two? They easily have the assets to move up, and several teams in the top 5 have shown a willingness to move down. There's no basis whatsoever to say it's unlikely.

I offered multiple scenarios where they might do it, get extremely lucky or Cousins picks the Jets. If it comes down to Bills v. Jets, the Jets have more valuable picks. That it takes two firsts to beat the Jets' one, and I'm to lazy to fact check whether that is even true in the Bills' favor, says everything about how things will go should the Jets not land Cousins.

Archived