Gil Brandt’s latest draft predictions

Persiussa

With the Bills and Fins looking for a QB I don't see Rosen or Mayfield making it past 10, the Bills and Fins will try to move up. The Fins are in the QB market more than most think but don't have as much ammo as the Bills. Then there is Denver, all these teams that are staying quiet scare me the most. 

2 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

So true. Every time this guy opens his mouth it costs him.

When he falls to the Bills at 12 Trump will break out his fvck Rosen hat.

Yes people will be real concerned three years from now when he is slinging the ball all over the field and making his team a winner,.

16 hours ago, Nixhead said:

Who is Gil Brandt and what makes his picks any better than the Patriots fan down the street? Also he doesn't know anything about who the Giants are picking and he made a mistake on pick 5.  Hmmm. Even my neighbor knows what team has the 5th pick.  

Gil puts together the players invited to go to the draft. So he has a pretty good idea what range guys will be picked by speaking w/the teams. Doesn’t mean he knows exactly with every pick  

I do find interesting he has said he thinks OT McGlinchey is going too 10. My guess is he goes to Bears especially if Nelson is gone by then. ND OL coach is now Bears OL coach. 

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Yes people will be real concerned three years from now when he is slinging the ball all over the field and making his team a winner,.

Sure thats possible but the point was his mouth may be costing him 10 draft slots.....or more.

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

At this point I think there's a 99% chance the Jets get either Mayfield or Rosen, and a 1% chance they get any other guy!  It seems like practically a lock that it will be one of those two in almost any scenario (Browns going Darnold or Allen at #1, Giants trading out, Giants taking a QB, etc.)

Agreed 99%!

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Joe Caporoso tweeted that Josh Rosen has tweeted over 400 times with zero mentions of the POTUS or any political issue.

While I didn’t verify this, if true it just goes to show you that:

A: Some people will believe anything and everything they read and pass it it along as new information

B: This is Dan Marino on pot all over again.  Lots of smoke screens so teams like Denver, Miami, Buffalo, and AZ don’t have to trade up to get a FQB.  

Imagine how bad it’s gonna look for the team that drafts Allen (and gave up a ton to move up if it’s us) when a division rival could sit tight and get a far superior QB.  

On 4/15/2018 at 8:01 PM, k-met57 said:

considering its all over the place that we are taking Baker...there is only one thing thats for sure...we are not taking Baker.

Man that gif in your sig looks familiar. The Italian tailgate in Oct? My son and I pick what game we will go to by when Joe has the Italian tailgate. Food is fantastic. If Imma gonna travel from NC the game and the game day exp must be top notch. Unfortunately it has been a few years since the game was but the food...always..

Last night, I was watching some of the replays of prior drafts (NFL network was playing them). Not to beat a dead horse, but it was surprising that even when some of the teams are on the clock, the draft coverage guys had no idea what was going to happen. 

Bears trading up to number 2 last year was the best example. Mayock swore it was for Solomon Thomas, Daniel Jeremiah had it between Thomas, Lattimore and Adams. No one mentioned Trubisky. Trubisky gets picked and, when they interview him, he said he didn't even get a call while the Bears were on the clock.  

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

Last night, I was watching some of the replays of prior drafts (NFL network was playing them). Not to beat a dead horse, but it was surprising that even when some of the teams are on the clock, the draft coverage guys had no idea what was going to happen. 

Bears trading up to number 2 last year was the best example. Mayock swore it was for Solomon Thomas, Daniel Jeremiah had it between Thomas, Lattimore and Adams. No one mentioned Trubisky. Trubisky gets picked and, when they interview him, he said he didn't even get a call while the Bears were on the clock.  

I believe John Fox didn't even know it was going to be Trubisky

Hot 150: Gil Brandt's top-ranked prospects for 2018 NFL Draft

RANK

1 Saquon Barkley - RB

School: Penn State | Year: Junior 

Penn State's all-time leader in yards from scrimmage (5,038) has traits that in the past have led to All-Pro-caliber production at the NFL level. He set the school record for rushing touchdowns (43) in just three seasons. He's the fourth Big Ten player to notch 3,000 rushing yards and 1,000 receiving yards in his career. And he's a great character person.

RANK

2 Josh Rosen - QB

School: UCLA | Year: Junior 

I don't have any questions about this young man with regard to the chatter about his character. A good athlete, Rosen has a strong arm and accuracy -- he can make all the throws. By Year 2, he'll be a successful starter in the NFL. I really like this player.

RANK

3 Sam Darnold - QB

School: USC | Year: Junior 

Darnold combines a quick release with very good accuracy and mobility. His 2017 numbers were a step down from 2016, but he was not working with a great receiver corps last season. Darnold has the ability to be a franchise quarterback and a factor in this league for years to come.

RANK

4 Baker Mayfield - QB

School: Oklahoma | Year: Senior 

Mayfield is a Drew Brees-lookalike in terms of height, speed and accuracy. He had a few bad moments off the field, but he's not a bad person. He's a sharp player with the arm strength needed for success -- Mayfield will compete, work hard and be a long-term starting QB in the NFL.

RANK

5 Bradley Chubb - DE

School: N.C. State | Year: Senior 

Chubb really helped his stock by staying in school for his fourth year. He's a very good pass rusher with excellent initial quickness -- he's got burst as a rusher. Chubb (25 career sacks) is a future Pro Bowler who will start immediately in the NFL.

RANK

6 Tremaine Edmunds - ILB

School: Virginia Tech | Year: Junior 

Edmunds' father, Ferrell Edmunds, was a seven-year NFL player who reached the Pro Bowl twice, and one brother (Trey) plays for the Saints while another (Terrell) played with Tremaine at Virginia Tech. He has an 83-inch wingspan, and with his size and speed, he'll be hard to block coming off the edge. He also has the athletic ability to play in space. Edmunds is young (turning 20 in May), but he'll start in Year 1 and be a Pro Bowler by Year 2.

RANK

7 Josh Allen - QB

School: Wyoming | Year: Junior (RS) 

The very smart and very athletic Allen needs to improve his accuracy, but I think he can do that with some work. He has great talent for the position and can throw the ball 70 yards with ease. Allen has the traits to become an All-Pro; as to whether he can fulfill that potential, only time will tell.

RANK

8 Quenton Nelson - G

School: Notre Dame | Year: Junior 

Nelson plays like All-Pro Cowboys guard Zack Martin. He's very strong (35 lifts at the NFL Scouting Combine) and has 33 3/4-inch arms. A good player, he'll start and contribute from the get-go.

RANK

9 Denzel Ward - CB

School: Ohio State | Year: Junior 

Ward will be the fourth Ohio State corner to be selected in the first round of the draft in the last three years. He had an outstanding 2017, with 17 passes defensed (15 break-ups and two picks) and a blocked punt. I wish he were a little taller than his listed height (5-foot-10), but he has good coverage ability, is strong against the run and will contribute on special teams.

RANK

10 Minkah Fitzpatrick - S

School: Alabama | Year: Junior 

At Alabama's pro day, Fitzpatrick ran a 4.13-second short shuttle and a 6.73 cone drill -- those two drills are a very important indicator of future success. He can play corner, nickel or safety. Fitzpatrick has great character, smarts and athletic ability, and he'll be a rookie starter with Pro Bowls in his future.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000926642/article/hot-150-gil-brandts-topranked-prospects-for-2018-nfl-draft

Archived