Perception vs Reality

Tinstar

As I was watching the draft coverage on the NFL Network today, the panel that included Mike Mayack made a comment that I have been trying to understand but thus far am unable to. When talking about the Shaquem Griffin draft position, they made a reference to the skill set and position the kid play as the reason he fell to the 5th round and not the fact that he plays with 1 hand . That kid was the driving force behind the defense that led the Bulls to an undefeated season, went to the combines and blew the doors off the event even after not being initially invited to  it . 

Then I think about a certain linebacker who plays for the Jets who’s a little smaller or about the same size as that kid, who didn’ put up the #s Griffin did and got drafted in the 1st round and I call bs. 

The Falcons got an inside linebacker about the same size who went in the 2nd round I believe also .  Why is it so difficult in a world going to hades on a runaway flame to call a spade a spade and not be ostracized for doing so.

That’s my rant, thanks for the time .

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

As I was watching the draft coverage on the NFL Network today, the panel that included Mike Mayack made a comment that I have been trying to understand but thus far am unable to. When talking about the Shaquem Griffin draft position, they made a reference to the skill set and position the kid play as the reason he fell to the 5th round and not the fact that he plays with 1 hand . That kid was the driving force behind the defense that led the Bulls to an undefeated season, went to the combines and blew the doors off the event even after not being initially invited to  it . 

Then I think about a certain linebacker who plays for the Jets who’s a little smaller or about the same size as that kid, who didn’ put up the #s Griffin did and got drafted in the 1st round and I call bs. 

The Falcons got an inside linebacker about the same size who went in the 2nd round I believe also .  Why is it so difficult in a world going to hades on a runaway flame to call a spade a spade and not be ostracized for doing so.

That’s my rant, thanks for the time .

I wouldn't use the word "spade" when discussing African Americans dude.  Just say'in.

Archived