The Wizard of Oz, A Wizard's Nightmare...GAME THREAD

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed.  Max used to PM all the time asking me whether he should be banned. 

I didn't know you had such a good relationship with Max.

Or did Crusher just hack your account lol?

Official Vote Count:

Crusher (2) Ape, Nolder

Brick (4) Stark, JC, Lee Lou, LK

GATA (1) Smash

Smash (2) JiF, Gata

CTM (1) DPR

Verbal (2) Pac, CTM

Ape (3) 80, Smash, Brick 

80 (1) Verbal

With 17 alive it takes 9 votes to lynch

Deadline, Wednesday 8:00 PM

• Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HA

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh.  Well I guess you're town then.  Anyone want to claim scum so we can wrap this game up D1?

2 minutes ago, Nolder said:

What you don't realize is that we are actually the only people who tolerate ape.

Actually that applies to most of the JN mafia people tbh.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Indeed.  Max used to PM me all the time asking me whether he should be banned from JN. 

unvote

vote ape

Just now, Nolder said:

I didn't know you had such a good relationship with Max.

I don't know Max outside of JN, but I've been here since the JI days, so I was probably one of a group of non-moderators he asked. 

It just goes to show how much Ape pisses people off that Max essentially took it to a committee, lol.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't know Max outside of JN, but I've been here since the JI days, so I was probably one of a group of non-moderators he asked. 

It just goes to show how much Ape pisses people off that Max essentially took it to a committee, lol.

What was JI like?

Why did it die?

Tell me a story of the beforetimes.

2 hours ago, D P R said:

I do this little thing where I try to piss off Ape, CTM, JiF and Pac and then turn it around to get them to all go at each other. It's pure ****ery that doesn't really have anything to do with the game, but when it works it is AWESOME. 

Has it ever worked? Me thinks you’re posturing.

Official Vote Count:

Crusher (1) Ape, 

GATA (2) Smash, Nol

Smash (2) JiF, Gata

CTM (1) DPR

Verbal (2) Pac, CTM

Ape (3) 80, Smash, Brick 

80 (1) Verbal

Deadline, Wednesday 8:00 PM

2 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Official Vote Count:

Crusher (1) Ape, 

GATA (2) Smash, Nol

Smash (2) JiF, Gata

CTM (1) DPR

Verbal (2) Pac, CTM

Ape (3) 80, Smash, Brick 

80 (1) Verbal

FYI 

6 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

un-vote vote Ape

Official Vote Count:

Crusher (1) Ape, 

GATA (1) Nol

Smash (2) JiF, Gata

CTM (1) DPR

Verbal (2) Pac, CTM

Ape (3) 80, Smash, Brick 

80 (1) Verbal

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I'm not the best to tell the story, but once upon a time, there was a mean old Admin named Soothsayer, and a batsh*t crazy moderator named Green Eggs & Ham.

Soothsayer, who wanted JI to make money, and eventually ended up selling the site to Scout.com, would charge for "premium" memberships.  He also made a lot of bad decisions because he had a massive ego.

Max, the hero, was a mod at JI, and decided to openly let Sooth know he was starting a new board.  Sooth banned him (undeservedly) from JI for such an action, along with anyone who even breathed that they would be leaving.  JetNation.com, in fact, was a profanity word on JI.  Typing it led to a bunch of "******". 

Green Eggs and Ham, meanwhile, challenged people like @TeddEY to fights and stuff because his political views (which were allowed to be expressed on JI openly, to disastrous results) were basically insanity. 

So JN was born in 2005, and due to Sooth and GJ&H's actions, thrived with former JI members who jumped ship.  And it still exists to this day.  I myself was banned from JI, and came over with basically the 1st or 2nd wave of departures from JI. 

Max is the total Godfather and gave us this Mafia Forum.  We all revere him here at JN.  And have all lived happily ever after. 

Honestly, I don't remember exactly how it started w/ me leaving, but it had something to do w/ Ham giving a perma ban to someone who wasn't a heavy content poster, and therefore easier to go unnoticed, who called him on his lunacy.  So, I stepped in and said, I agree with that poster and if you have a problem with that, I guess you'll have to ban me for life.  He did.  I left, Sooth quickly undid the ban and said I could come back, I said I'm happy at JN, and not coming back so long as Ham is a mod.  He said he wouldn't do that, so I said no problem, your site, your deal.  So, that was that for me.  Then Ham came here and suggested we meet up to fight.  Lots of people came to JN thereafter.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Honestly, I don't remember exactly how it started w/ me leaving, but it had something to do w/ Ham giving a perma ban to someone who wasn't a heavy content poster, and therefore easier to go unnoticed, who called him on his lunacy.  So, I stepped in and said, I agree with that poster and if you have a problem with that, I guess you'll have to ban me for life.  He did.  I left, Sooth quickly undid the ban and said I could come back, I said I'm happy at JN, and not coming back so long as Ham is a mod.  He said he wouldn't do that, so I said no problem, your site, your deal.  So, that was that for me.  Then Ham came here and suggested we meet up to fight.  Lots of people came to JN thereafter.

LMAO what a loser

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Official Vote Count:

Crusher (1) Ape, 

GATA (1) Pac

Smash (2) JiF, Gata

CTM (1) DPR

Verbal (1) CTM

Ape (3) 80, Smash, Brick 

80 (1) Verbal

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

I came over after your waves. I said something harmless in the draft forum, Ham sent me this long PM, I was like yeah but I don't care. I ignored his long request he banned me next post and I came here on single make shift raft, cold and tired but happy. Max fed me and my family out of the goodness of his heart. 

• Upvote 1