"The Art of the RPO" with Doug Pederson.

Villain The Foe

Found this very interesting, especially with it being contrary to the typical philosophies/style of "Pro-style offenses". "Pro Style" talk comes up every year when we view the newest crops of QB's  entering the league from college. I really like this video because it also shows how these new crop of Head Coaches are coming into the league and how they're also establishing their offensive success away from what folks consider Pro-style, 3-5-7 step dropbacks.

49 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Found this very interesting, especially with it being contrary to the typical philosophies/style of "Pro-style offenses". "Pro Style" talk comes up every year when we view the newest crops of QB's  entering the league from college. I really like this video because it also shows how these new crop of Head Coaches are coming into the league and how they're also establishing their offensive success away from what folks consider Pro-style, 3-5-7 step dropbacks.

Seems like that bubble slant concept would be very, very vulnerable to a zone drop from the DE on the slant side.  QB reads the box safety, goes pass, reads the slot corner attacking the bubble, determines slant is the throw ... a dropping DE picks that off easy

On 6/2/2018 at 3:47 AM, T0mShane said:

That Super Bowl offense is very interesting but what if we ran Matt Forte into the line 30 times instead? —Todd Bowles

Even talking about RPO costs Jets coordinators their jobs 

19 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Have to have a really good OL for RPO to work which Philly does

Too bad Macc doesn’t care a lick about OL... despite OL neglect doing in Herm, Mangini and Rex regimes. Those who don’t learn from history... 

28 minutes ago, jgb said:

Even talking about RPO costs Jets coordinators their jobs 

Too bad Macc doesn’t care a lick about OL... despite OL neglect doing in Herm, Mangini and Rex regimes. Those who don’t learn from history... 

Well Dallas has the best OL in the league, how many playoff games have they won?

1 hour ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Well Dallas has the best OL in the league, how many playoff games have they won?

huge chasm between “best in the league” and turnstiles. I’m advocating for mere competence over here

On 6/2/2018 at 9:51 AM, Philc1 said:

Have to have a really good OL for RPO to work which Philly does

yes and even more specifically it requires a premium right tackle to run behind Lane Johnson style. Its why they were able to win the SB despite losing Jason PEters.  I like Shell but he's not there yet and might never get there. 

52 minutes ago, bitonti said:

yes and even more specifically it requires a premium right tackle to run behind Lane Johnson style. Its why they were able to win the SB despite losing Jason PEters.  I like Shell but he's not there yet and might never get there. 

I think Shell is ok.  I actually don’t think our OL is as bad as everyone keeps screaming it is as long as Beachum stays healthy

23 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I think Shell is ok.  I actually don’t think our OL is as bad as everyone keeps screaming it is as long as Beachum stays healthy

the offense is built to be a Bates WCO hopefully that's what they do 

if this team is running RPO something went really wrong with plan A 

Everybody will be running some sort of RPO this year.  And if we are going to be an outside zone based team with west coast principals, RPO would fit perfectly into what we want to do.  I'd love to see the Jets be ahead of the curve.

Archived