Countdown to Kickoff

Lith

7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Ladies and Gentlemen....there is a football game on the telly tonight.  It won't be a good one, but it's a gosh-darned actual game between two NFL teams.  I might have to take a peek.

I will watch - because it is football.  But I would have been looking forward to it a little bit more if Roquan Smith had signed.  Although living in Chicago, it is kind of fun to be able to laugh at the Bears as the only team with an unsigned rookie.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Lith said:

I will watch - because it is football.  But I would have been looking forward to it a little bit more if Roquan Smith had signed.  Although living in Chicago, it is kind of fun to be able to laugh at the Bears as the only team with an unsigned rookie.

And thank god you get to do that because had it gone the other way...oh boy.

6 hours ago, BigO said:

Jet Juice? Do you take online orders?

Can't.  Too busy cultivating a cannabis strain with the same name.  Problem for me right now is that all test batches leave the user with feelings of extreme anger coupled with staggering depression.  lol

Anyway, here's the recipe for Jet Juice given by Boynton Jets Fan some time ago:  One part each of vodka, light rum and Midori; two parts lemonade (limeade works well, too).  I've made gallon-sized batches or just a cocktail shaker filled with ice.  I always use homemade lemonade, but store bought is perfectly fine.  You can tweak the recipe depending on how much booze and/or sweetness you like.   Hope you enjoy it.

Rough day, Day 38.  Not many Jets who have worn #38 have had much of an impact.  

Related image

Going back to the 1970s and Ed Taylor, who started 50 games for the Jets in 5 seasons as Safety and CB before being waived in 1979.

On 8/2/2018 at 1:22 PM, munchmemory said:

Problem for me right now is that all test batches leave the user with feelings of extreme anger coupled with staggering depression.  lol

If your “test batches” are only consumed during Jets games, you might be confusing your variables. Lol

Day 35.  Another day with limited options.  And when options are limited, it is never a bad choice to go with a guy with a ring.  

Image result for billy joe jets

Matt Snell's back-up, Billy Joe.  Joe suffered a career ending knee injury during the Heidi game in Nov 68.  He also set a AFL/NFL record earlier that season when he rushed for 3 TDs in one quarter in a 48-14 defeat of the Boston Patriots.  Billy Joe. #35.

And Lee White.

Image result for lee white jets

White was the Jets 1st round pick in 1968.  Tore up his knee in the first quarter of his first game that season, but better remembered for his role in Joe Namath's knee injury during a 1971 preseason game against the Lions. A Lee White fumble was picked up by Lions LB Mike Lucci.  Joe tried to make the tackle, got hit by another defender and tore up his knee.  

• 2 weeks later...

Image result for braylon edwards jets

Wanted to kick this back off again, in honor of the 3rd preseason game happening today. Although his time was short, he is quite possibly the best Jet to wear the number 17, and had 900+ receiving yards in 2010, which helped the Jets reach the AFC championship game for the 2nd year in a row! 

1 hour ago, BroadwayBen said:

Wanted to kick this back off again, in honor of the 3rd preseason game happening today. Although his time was short, he is quite possibly the best Jet to wear the number 17, and had 900+ receiving yards in 2010, which helped the Jets reach the AFC championship game for the 2nd year in a row! 

My favortie memory of #17, from that same season. 

Image result for braylon edwards vs colts

Barylon's catch setting up the game winning FG in Indy.  Was at that game with my son.  Best Jet game I have ever seen live.  

On 8/24/2018 at 3:47 PM, nycdan said:

I really enjoyed Edwards' brief time with us.  This memory is my absolute favorite:

I remember Braylon said that he had been inspired by Dennis Byrd, who they brought in for an motivational talk that week.

Archived