July Madness: All Time Draft Discussion Thread

Lith

16 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Haha. I just figured he's kind of the ideal third receiver. Strongly debated going with a blocking fullback but decided spreading the defense out was more important.

Did you get Jackie Smith too? Both those guys cost their teams Super Bowl wins! 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's normal for a MLB/ILB but sort of small for an OLB (which he was).  Still, he got things done.

Yeah but the Giants ran a 4-3 defense then (they still do). You can get away with OLBs that are smaller and faster in that system.

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Thanks.

I totally slept on the honey badger. He would have been the ideal FS/NB I needed for my scheme. Live and learn.

56 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Yeah, I really wanted Honey Badger for exactly the reasons mentioned. Versatility. Probably should have taken him last round, TBH. Now I need to decide what I'm doing with my last pick as far as LB vs. CB vs. S

Versatility with only 11 guys on each side is actually exactly why I spent a high pick on Polamalu and mid-round pick on Woodson. Both were extremely hard hitting guys who could cover TEs, run with WRs, and play the run in the box. Both are credited with blurring the lines between FS/SS and redefining the positions.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:41 AM, slats said:

@greenwichjetfan is in a great position right now as the only guy not to take a QB. Now he can take one with his last pick that I probably would've taken before a lot of these other guys. 

Thanks. I decided early on that as the 24th and last overall pick of an all time draft, if I don't get one of my 3 QBs with my first pick (obviously didn't expect it to happen), I'm not taking one till my last pick. For a variety of reasons, I'm happy I went that route.

Plus, now that I see how everyone's building their teams, I'm about to recruit Tony Sparano (RIP) to by my HC, and take Pat White at QB and **** up the league!

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kinda funny that Brandon Scherff gets taken in this draft, considering how much many of us (myself included) ripped the Redskins for that selection. 

I think the guy I just took after him is better but that's what makes this interesting.

And the rip on Scherff was probably more for passing on Leo and Gurley at the time.  And then the guy moves inside to Guard.  He's very good there, but you have to believe WAS would love to have a do-over.

36 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Versatility with only 11 guys on each side is actually exactly why I spent a high pick on Polamalu and mid-round pick on Woodson. Both were extremely hard hitting guys who could cover TEs, run with WRs, and play the run in the box. Both are credited with blurring the lines between FS/SS and redefining the positions.

That's why I picked two rangy free safeties as well.

31 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kinda funny that Brandon Scherff gets taken in this draft, considering how much many of us (myself included) ripped the Redskins for that selection. 

True BUT this kid has been ELITE

Anthony Munoz, considered one of the NFL's best linemen to every play the game, saw Brandon Scherff in training camp, and said the guard impressed him immediately.

2 minutes ago, BigO said:

True BUT this kid has been ELITE

Anthony Munoz, considered one of the NFL's best linemen to every play the game, saw Brandon Scherff in training camp, and said the guard impressed him immediately.

We have already established earlier today that everyone impresses Munoz :D

6 minutes ago, BigO said:

Yes he said my team is the best! ?

Like the Dodo's race in Alice in Wonderland, we will all be best, and we all win prizes!

First [the Dodo] marked out a race-course, in a sort of circle . . . and then all the party were placed along the course, here and there. There was no "One, two, three, and away!", but they began running when they liked, and left off when they liked, so that it was not easy to know when the race was over. However, when they had been running half an hour or so, and were quite dry again, the Dodo suddenly called out "The race is over!", and they all crowded round it, panting, and asking "But who has won?"

This question the Dodo could not answer without a great deal of thought, and it stood for a long time with one finger pressed upon its forehead (the position in which you usually see Shakespeare, in the pictures of him), while the rest waited in silence. At last the Dodo said "Everybody has won, and all must have prizes." (Wonderland 3.19-20).

5 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Like the Dodo's race in Alice in Wonderland, we will all be best, and we all win prizes!

First [the Dodo] marked out a race-course, in a sort of circle . . . and then all the party were placed along the course, here and there. There was no "One, two, three, and away!", but they began running when they liked, and left off when they liked, so that it was not easy to know when the race was over. However, when they had been running half an hour or so, and were quite dry again, the Dodo suddenly called out "The race is over!", and they all crowded round it, panting, and asking "But who has won?"

This question the Dodo could not answer without a great deal of thought, and it stood for a long time with one finger pressed upon its forehead (the position in which you usually see Shakespeare, in the pictures of him), while the rest waited in silence. At last the Dodo said "Everybody has won, and all must have prizes." (Wonderland 3.19-20).

Well my sisters name happens to be Alice........SO

Archived