DE: Ed ‘Too Tall’ Jones 

OLB: Jack ‘Dobre Shunka’ Ham*

MLB: Sam Huff*

OLB: Lance Briggs

CB: Deion ‘Primetime’ Sanders*

CB: Herb Adderley*

SS: Tyrann ‘The Honeybadger’ Mathieu 

FS: Willy Wood*

My offering.  I'll do a longer write-up later but in general, I went for strong lines on both sides of the ball (and pretty happy with the result).  It's a classic 4-3 Defense but with the best pair of DTs possible (literally 1 and 2 or perhaps 1 and 3 if Merlin Olsen sneaks in there) and a top-5 DE on one side and a violent but effective one on the other side.  Wilcox is specifically tasked with eliminating the opposing TE while Lambert just snarls and drools until the ball is snapped and then goes on a murder spree.  I think my DBs are talented if not all-timers (other than Renfro) but the Safeties are young and that could be exposed if the opposing offense has the O-Line to buy enough time.  

On offense, once I drafted Brees I knew I needed a monster line to give him room to work and with Upshaw, Stephenson and Gregg, I have 3 of the absolute best out there (all top-5 at their positions on Brandt's lists).  Hill and Turner are not historically dominant, but there's not really a weakness there and while Turner is young, he's between two of the absolute best vets and will be fine.  This unit is specifically meant to be good at pulling (all of them).  Warfield is fantastic on the long routes and Monk and Davis are solid enough short and long but also both very solid blockers so we have options.  Finally, I went with Lynch rather than the 3rd WR because I love power running behind this line and Martin can run or (if I understand it correctly) run an RPO which behind this pulling line should be awesome.  I need to think about that a bit more but I generally tried to get players who could move and do many things well.  Would love to hear your thoughts on how you'd run this offense.

One decision I struggles with a little.  I considered Edgerrin James instead of Martin but this was before I was certain I was going Lynch instead of WR3.  Had I know that, I might have preferred James for the better pass catching production (and he was an awesome runner his first few season) but overall, I like Curtis as an all-around player.  I don't think James was taken but curious to hear thoughts on that as well.

Had a blast.  Thanks everyone!

ffb_zpsbdro5dkq.png

6 hours ago, HessStation said:

The HessStation Gaslighters:

gaslighting.jpg

QB: Joe ‘Willy’ Namath*

RB: Bo Jackson

FB: John ‘The Diesel’ Riggins*

WR: Calvin ‘Megatron’ Johnson 

WR: Cris Carter*

TE: Ozzie ‘The Wizard of Oz’ Newsome*

RT: Bob ‘The Geek’ St. Clair* 

OG: Steve ‘The Wiz’ Wisniewski 

OC: Mel Hein*

OG: Jahri Evans 

OT: Lomas Brown

DE: Claude Humphrey*

DT: John Randle*

DT: Joe Klecko 

DE: Ed ‘Too Tall’ Jones 

OLB: Jack ‘Dobre Shunka’ Ham*

MLB: Sam Huff*

OLB: Lance Briggs

CB: Deion ‘Primetime’ Sanders*

CB: Herb Adderley*

SS: Tyrann ‘The Honeybadger’ Mathieu 

FS: Willy Wood*

It’s going to be almost impossible to judges these teams. At first glance your team looks unbeatable but when you compare player to player it’s pretty much a wash with the exception of a few. Montana is clearly better but your WRs are better but mine are more of a deep threat. The right side of my oline might be the best in this draft. RBs are even with the edge in receiving going to Allen. On D my team has the advantage on passrushers by a lot, CBs are a super close. Deon edges out Allen, he’s the best cover corner in history, Blount edges out Adderley. Run support advantage to my CBs. Deon sucks at run support. Safeties go to me in both run support and coverage.

Overall trying not to be bias but of course I am, I’d say NYM takes the win. Better QB, Passrush and deep threat. 

QB - me

• Game Control - me

• Touch - me

• Deep ball - you

• Leadership - me

• mobility - me

• Turnovers - me

RB - equal

• Running - equal

• Receiving - me

• Blocking - equal

• Home Run - you

WR - you

• Hands - you

• Deep threat - me

TE - equal

• Blocking - me

• Receiving - you

Oline - me

• C - equal 

• OG - me

• OT - me

DL - me 

• DT - you

• DE - me

• Run - equal

• Passrush - me by a lot

LB - me

• MLB - me

• OLB - me

• Passrush - me by a lot

• Run - me

• Coverage - equal 

DB - me

• CB - equal

• Coverage - you

• Run - me

• S - me

• Coverage - me

• Run - me

Not sure how we go from here. My goal was balance on offense, with a powerful running attack (Earl Campbell and Leroy Kelly with Steve Young also a threat) and sure handed receivers (Antonio Brown, Charley Taylor, Kellen Winslow) who could also tie down the secondary. My trench guys are plenty of beef on the hoof at the point of attack -- man blocking over zone. On defense I was going for a pressure defensive line with speed linebackers (Bell, Urlacher, and Robertson were all fast) who were outstanding in coverage but also could blitz. Duerson and Harris were hitters. Wright and Green were smart and capable corners who were both "very good" but not super elite. I think we could put up a fight against any team here. We'd probably be most hurt by a team with elite deep threat potential and do the most damage to a team whose defense was built for pass rush over run defense.

Just want to again put in a good word for Leroy Kelly. The guy was an outstanding RB who got lost somewhat in the shadow of Jim Brown. But he was absolutely an elite back. He had tremendous acceleration, could cut, had speed, and shed blockers over and over again. Watch him return punts and you'll see his capacity for individual effort -- like a bigger Gayle Sayers.

image.png

14 hours ago, T0mShane said:

My receivers and backs are prolific, but lack speed and I biffed my LB corps a bit with Sean Lee and Sam Mills playing out of position. But, I love my o-line, secondary, and d-line, and Big Ben to Keith Jackson would be immortal. All in all, I’m a B- squad, but this was fun to play. It’s fun to reminisce about these old players you forgot about when the league was actually appointment television. 

D40FE7A7-A697-4CAA-82EF-8C00C68B80D6.jpeg

5 hours ago, New York Mick said:

It’s going to be almost impossible to judges these teams. At first glance your team looks unbeatable but when you compare player to player it’s pretty much a wash with the exception of a few. Montana is clearly better but your WRs are better but mine are more of a deep threat. The right side of my oline might be the best in this draft. RBs are even with the edge in receiving going to Allen. On D my team has the advantage on passrushers by a lot, CBs are a super close. Deon edges out Allen, he’s the best cover corner in history, Blount edges out Adderley. Run support advantage to my CBs. Deon sucks at run support. Safeties go to me in both run support and coverage.

Overall trying not to be bias but of course I am, I’d say NYM takes the win. Better QB, Passrush and deep threat. 

QB - me

• Game Control - me

• Touch - me

• Deep ball - you

• Leadership - me

• mobility - me

• Turnovers - me

RB - equal

• Running - equal

• Receiving - me

• Blocking - equal

• Home Run - you

WR - you

• Hands - you

• Deep threat - me

TE - equal

• Blocking - me

• Receiving - you

Oline - me

• C - equal 

• OG - me

• OT - me

DL - me 

• DT - you

• DE - me

• Run - equal

• Passrush - me by a lot

LB - me

• MLB - me

• OLB - me

• Passrush - me by a lot

• Run - me

• Coverage - equal 

DB - me

• CB - equal

• Coverage - you

• Run - me

• S - me

• Coverage - me

• Run - me

Ummmm, sorry Mick. But no. 

On 7/15/2018 at 2:19 PM, Lith said:

Startiing Monday at 8AM.  Draft Order:

1    @BallinPB
2    @New York Mick
3    @HawkeyeJet
4    @Paradis
5    @T0mShane
6    @HessStation
7    @Patriot Killa
8    @chirorob
9    @UntouchableCrew
10  @BigO
11  @Bombdirt
12  @nycdan
13  @Jetlife33
14  @Obrien2Toon
15  @XavierSnooze
16  @sourceworx
17  @Jetsfan80
18  @#27TheDominator
19  @Long Island Leprechaun
20  @Dunnie 
21  @Stark
22  @Lupz27 
23  @JiF 
24  @greenwichjetfan

@BallinPB
2    @New York Mick
3    @HawkeyeJet
4    @Paradis
5    @T0mShane
6    @HessStation
7    @Patriot Killa
8    @chirorob
9    @UntouchableCrew
10  @BigO
12  @nycdan
13  @Jetlife33
14  @Obrien2Toon
15  @XavierSnooze
16  @sourceworx
17  @Jetsfan80
18  @#27TheDominator
19  @Long Island Leprechaun
20  @Dunnie 
21  @Stark
23  @JiF 
24  @greenwichjetfan

Did that work? Did everyone get tagged again?

I need you all to slot your team into a presentable format... lesson learned, i'll established a base practice for this next time, but for now -- via whatever app, jpeg, or drawing you chose - post your team's scheme/base look/whatever here for the match up... Otherwise, i'm having to post it like a excel depth chart. 

I created matchups using a random program.  Here is what I came up with for 1st round:

17 JetsFan80
13 Jetlife33

2 New York Mick
3 HawkeyeJet

18 #27theDominator
21 Stark

9 UntouchableCrew
16 Sourceworx

22 Greenwich Jet Fan
5 T0mShane

15 KingP
6 HessStation

10 BigO
19 Long Island Leprechaun

14 Obrien2Toon
12 JiF

11 nycdan
7 Patriot Killa

4 Paradis
20 Dunnie

8 nyjunc
1 ballinpb

I adjusted the matchups so junc and ballinPB go head to head since neither one has finished their lineup.

4 minutes ago, Lith said:

I created matchups using a random program.  Here is what I came up with for 1st round:

17 JetsFan80
13 Jetlife33

2 New York Mick
3 HawkeyeJet

18 #27theDominator
21 Stark

9 UntouchableCrew
16 Sourceworx

22 Greenwich Jet Fan
5 T0mShane

15 KingP
6 HessStation

10 BigO
19 Long Island Leprechaun

14 Obrien2Toon
12 Nycdan

11 nycdan
7 Patriot Killa

4 Paradis
20 Dunnie

8 nyjunc
1 ballinpb

nydan will have his hands full playing two teams at one time! :)

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

2 minutes ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Fixed.  Obrien2toon is matched up with Jif.  nycdan and patkilla.

The Big O’s

Cb                FS            SS                   Cb

W Brown   Tunnell      J Robinson    Parrish

OLB                     MLB                 OLB

Swilling             B George             Howley         

DE                    DT              DT         DE

Peppers     Weinmeister  Page       Mathis

—————————————————

T           G        C         G            T    

Parker Tamalini  Otto   Schreff  Stydahar

WR        TE          QB        WR        WR

Berry   Saunders Marino  Swann   Alworth