Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

Maxman

LOL, I actually think it's pretty funny.

It's just a total pisstake of Sperm's. Even if I don't totally agree with it I can't deny it's amusing.:)

He has been nothing but a dunce this season...

Paid Kimo... then cut him

Left Chad in too long

Kendal

Leon would have never seen the field if Miller didnt get hurt

Horrible second half adjustments

The list goes on...

I dont hate the guy... I hate his coaching style right now... and I pray for the JETS sake that he fixes it..

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm not sure what the heck that means. Care to explain, ecurb?

I think he's saying that because Leon hasn't been getting involved in the offence too much this season with TJ here, that he wouldn't have got involved much at all on returning where he's having a pro-bowl year because of Miller. It's a pretty dumb criticism considering Miller himself is a pro-bowler.

I'm not sure what the heck that means. Care to explain, ecurb?

Leon barely sees the field on offense... he should be spilt out like Bush and used more at the end of the game when the D is tired... he is a gamebreaker...

Also... he is a beter KR than Miller... but since Miller had a good year last year... mangini would have stuck with miller based on last years performance (and he did) which is something he claims he does not do... but he also did it with Chad... and Vilma... and Dyson...

Golly gee willickers, look at that. ecurb found a Mangini thread to tell his tales of woe, shocking!

He is making Herm like mistakes... letting players play based on last season and who they are... we crushed herm for doing this...

He is making Herm like mistakes... letting players play based on last season and who they are... we crushed herm for doing this...

Herm had better players. and he was playing them out of position too..aka the Shaun Ellis debacle amongst other things..you loved Mangini last year. :cloud9:

I'm not happy about this year, but I'm not going to judge the guy on one terrible season with a first year QB and no offensive and defensive lines. I'll withhold judgment until the end of next season.

Leon barely sees the field on offense... he should be spilt out like Bush and used more at the end of the game when the D is tired... he is a gamebreaker...

Also... he is a beter KR than Miller... but since Miller had a good year last year... mangini would have stuck with miller based on last years performance (and he did) which is something he claims he does not do... but he also did it with Chad... and Vilma... and Dyson...

So Mangini was dumb for starting the AFC pro bowl kick off return man from 2006 as his kickoff man for the 2007 season.

Got it.

So Mangini was dumb for starting the AFC pro bowl kick off return man from 2006 as his kickoff man for the 2007 season.

Got it.

Who was the better player THIS YEAR in THIS TC??? A hobbled Miller (which he continued to start with an injury) or Washington?

He is making Herm like mistakes... Im just calling it like I see it.

2008 will tell the tale either way. So posting every few minutes how he should be fired gets kind of pointless. I admit-I disliked Edwards for his smarmy phony BS about 10 minutes after he got the Jets job, and that never changed.

I don't' think Mangini is like that-he's not stupid nor arrogant. I suspect he's probably beating himself up inside every moment and trying to figure out how this went so wrong.I think Mangini, to his credit, will go back and see what went wrong this year, what went right last year and adjust things from there. I don't think Edwards has that kind of ability to step back, he just keeps doing the same dump crap no matter what.

In Mangini changes nothing, he'll be done here after 2008.

Who was the better player THIS YEAR in THIS TC??? A hobbled Miller (which he continued to start with an injury) or Washington?

He is making Herm like mistakes... Im just calling it like I see it.

Great logic ecurb. Lets bench the reigning AFC probowl KO return man for an unproven KO return man, who obtw also plays a role in the offense. Genius.

And were you at training camp this year?

Great logic ecurb. Lets bench the reigning AFC probowl KO return man for an unproven KO return man, who obtw also plays a role in the offense. Genius.

Your forgetting that Mangini played Miller over Leon HURT... and Miller had a role in the defense...

So you concede that Leon Washington is only being used because of injury, correct? Excellent argument skill right there young buddy.

Your forgetting that Mangini played Miller over Leon HURT... and Miller had a role in the defense...

When did Leon Washington ever show that he was a great kick returner in the NFL before Justin Miller went down? Miller was healthy enough to play and as a Pro Bowler the year before you give him the nod.

So you concede that Leon Washington is only being used because of injury, correct? Excellent argument skill right there young buddy.

Washington would be in there as Miller's lead man as Brad Smith is to Leon currently. Do not fool yourselves.

Both are great returners. I actually like Miller better, but thats not the point here. The point is, it is stupid to bash a coach because he's sticking with Miller on KOs when he was the best KO man in the entire league last year. Now if ecurb wants to say Mangini should not have played him because of his apparent lingering hamstring injury, that is fair. But he did not say that earlier in the thread until I pressed him about the comment. Whether ecurb was spinning his comment that seemed foolish or he actually believes that but just didnt say it (about the injury risk), I dont know.

Both are great returners. I actually like Miller better, but thats not the point here. The point is, it is stupid to bash a coach because he's sticking with Miller on KOs when he was the best KO man in the entire league last year. Now if ecurb wants to say Mangini should not have played him because of his apparent lingering hamstring injury, that is fair. But he did not say that earlier in the thread until I pressed him about the comment. Whether ecurb was spinning his comment that seemed foolish or he actually believes that but just didnt say it (about the injury risk), I dont know.

It's like you didn't read ecurb's post, or you just know you can't argue with it so you seize one aspect of it and take it to an extreme.

ecurb, rightly so, said without injury leon wouldn't see the field. Miller's credentials are not in dispute, and you arguing the justification for that is completely missing the point and is such a hilariously narrow point of view. ecurb isn't arguing that LW SHOULD start over Miller. He is saying Mangini wouldn't have without injury which you seem to hang on.

But here's the thing, look at the rest of ecurb's post, when he says how he thinks LW should have been used, and which is something I agree with. I still personally believe Leon Washington is our most talented offensive player and probably our only true gamebreaker. So why isn't he playing on offense? Why is his sole role to be a kick returner? ecurb mentions Reggie Bush, another player that is probably too undersized to be an every down RB, but who the Saints used even before the injury to McAllister as more of a recieving option. Why can't LW be used in that same way?

Now maybe LW is a terrible recieving option but I don't believe that, from what I've seen he has good hands. So what gives? Why don't we run more screens to LW? Why don't we run to the outside with LW? Why don't we TRY to get him involved? That is the question Barton. That was ecurb's point. And I am with him on it.

I vote YES on Mangini. Let's see how we are doing at this time next year. I was upset with the handling of the Pete Kendall fiasco. I think Mangini and the FO both played a part in it. It sounded like somekind of high schoolish antics and people just letting their egos get in the way. The trouble this year started when they got rid of Kendall and had NO adequate replacement. It's been downhill since.

It's like you didn't read ecurb's post, or you just know you can't argue with it so you seize one aspect of it and take it to an extreme.

ecurb, rightly so, said without injury leon wouldn't see the field. Miller's credentials are not in dispute, and you arguing the justification for that is completely missing the point and is such a hilariously narrow point of view. ecurb isn't arguing that LW SHOULD start over Miller. He is saying Mangini wouldn't have without injury which you seem to hang on.

But here's the thing, look at the rest of ecurb's post, when he says how he thinks LW should have been used, and which is something I agree with. I still personally believe Leon Washington is our most talented offensive player and probably our only true gamebreaker. So why isn't he playing on offense? Why is his sole role to be a kick returner? ecurb mentions Reggie Bush, another player that is probably too undersized to be an every down RB, but who the Saints used even before the injury to McAllister as more of a recieving option. Why can't LW be used in that same way?

Now maybe LW is a terrible recieving option but I don't believe that, from what I've seen he has good hands. So what gives? Why don't we run more screens to LW? Why don't we run to the outside with LW? Why don't we TRY to get him involved? That is the question Barton. That was ecurb's point. And I am with him on it.

I agreed 100% and hinted at that on my post. Leon proved last year that he can be a game-breaking player on offence. Mangini + Schotty aren't givng him the oppurtunity to make those big plays.

2008 will tell the tale either way. So posting every few minutes how he should be fired gets kind of pointless. I admit-I disliked Edwards for his smarmy phony BS about 10 minutes after he got the Jets job, and that never changed.

I don't' think Mangini is like that-he's not stupid nor arrogant. I suspect he's probably beating himself up inside every moment and trying to figure out how this went so wrong.I think Mangini, to his credit, will go back and see what went wrong this year, what went right last year and adjust things from there. I don't think Edwards has that kind of ability to step back, he just keeps doing the same dump crap no matter what.

In Mangini changes nothing, he'll be done here after 2008.

I agree with this completely. I'd say Mangini is arrogant and appears stubborn, but that is because they are not sharing everything with the press. People want to bash him for sticking to his guns and never admitting anything is wrong in the post game, but the second he does everybody will be bitching that it's too Herm-like.

I agreed 100% and hinted at that on my post. Leon proved last year that he can be a game-breaking player on offence. Mangini + Schotty aren't givng him the oppurtunity to make those big plays.

Leon proved he is a game breaker on offense? He had a nice rookie year. 4.3 ypc is pretty good, but not exactly Adrian Peterson. This year he is averaging 3.6 to Jones 3.7. His career long is 23 yards, while Jones has a 36 yarder this season. Washington has only three fewer catches than he had last season, but less than half the yardage. Maybe teams are paying some attention to him or his punt and kick return duties are detracting from his offense. Oh, he is also small and fumbles a bit. Just more reasons to use Jones. Besides, aren't all you guys bashing Mangini for "not getting Jones in a rhythm"? Washington is a nice little player. Let's not pretend he is Brian Westbrook or Tiki Barber just yet.

Leon proved he is a game breaker on offense? He had a nice rookie year. 4.3 ypc is pretty good, but not exactly Adrian Peterson. This year he is averaging 3.6 to Jones 3.7. His career long is 23 yards, while Jones has a 36 yarder this season. Washington has only three fewer catches than he had last season, but less than half the yardage. Maybe teams are paying some attention to him or his punt and kick return duties are detracting from his offense. Oh, he is also small and fumbles a bit. Just more reasons to use Jones. Besides, aren't all you guys bashing Mangini for "not getting Jones in a rhythm"? Washington is a nice little player. Let's not pretend he is Brian Westbrook or Tiki Barber just yet.

He won us the Miami game last year, tried to win us the Giants game this year, and won us the Steelers game. I'd say that's pretty good. So who is better than him on the Jets? It can't be Jones, the dancing bear. It's certainly not Coles or Cotchery. You can't just go by stats, watch the games and look at what he can do in open space, and then tell me why you don't want to give him more chances exactly. I guess Devin Hester and Reggie Bush are worth giving chances to because they are "exciting" but Leon Washington just sucks huh.

He won us the Miami game last year, tried to win us the Giants game this year, and won us the Steelers game. I'd say that's pretty good. So who is better than him on the Jets? It can't be Jones, the dancing bear. It's certainly not Coles or Cotchery. You can't just go by stats, watch the games and look at what he can do in open space, and then tell me why you don't want to give him more chances exactly. I guess Devin Hester and Reggie Bush are worth giving chances to because they are "exciting" but Leon Washington just sucks huh.

I never said he sucks. I do think Jones is a better back right now. At least in terms of carries from the RB position. If he were so great in the backfield his numbers would be better. He won the Miami game last year on a screen pass, not a run. He has too many negative carries. I agree it would be nice to get him more involved in the passing game, but the fact is that he has more receptions per game this year than last. He's just not putting up the numbers or doing much with them. There is a big difference between a great returner and a great rb/wr. He almost won the Giants game? He got 9 carries and gained 13 yards. He got his chance and he did nothing. That may be the fault of the OL, but Jones is running behind the same stiffs.

I never said he sucks. I do think Jones is a better back right now. At least in terms of carries from the RB position. If he were so great in the backfield his numbers would be better. He won the Miami game last year on a screen pass, not a run. He has too many negative carries. I agree it would be nice to get him more involved in the passing game, but the fact is that he has more receptions per game this year than last. He's just not putting up the numbers or doing much with them. There is a big difference between a great returner and a great rb/wr. He almost won the Giants game? He got 9 carries and gained 13 yards. He got his chance and he did nothing. That may be the fault of the OL, but Jones is running behind the same stiffs.

He returned a kickoff for a TD didn't he, helping us get a lead? Kickoff return TDs generally lead to wins.

This year most of his receptions are from dumpoffs by Chad where he could do nothing with the ball because it got there so late. Now with Clemens having a better arm you'd think they could design up a play where he has some room, but they do not even try.

He returned a kickoff for a TD didn't he, helping us get a lead? Kickoff return TDs generally lead to wins.

This year most of his receptions are from dumpoffs by Chad where he could do nothing with the ball because it got there so late. Now with Clemens having a better arm you'd think they could design up a play where he has some room, but they do not even try.

He returns every kickoff and punt. There is no way for the team to get him more touches for returns, so IMO that's a moot point. I do agree that if there is any way he is underutilized it is as a receiver. It would be nice to get him some downfield catches or something in space. Like the bomb to open the Giants preseason game. I'm not so sure about Clemens better arm. He's got a stronger arm, but his accuracy is suspect and Leon is a midget. He's probably tough to hit with a pass downfield. I give Schottenheimer the benefit of the doubt. Last year he seemed good and innovative, I assume the problems this year stem from poor personnel. I give them a half a pass for that because they were 10-6 last year. They will have no excuse next year.

Archived