Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

Maxman

I Vote Yes

Give mangini some time and he will right this ship, Just wait and see in 08/09 we will be a very good team.

I of course hope you are right. I just do not share your optimism. This offseason will be key, if he repeats the same mistakes and we have another putrid season next year, I don't want to see him back for 09. You've gotta show some type of improvement.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I of course hope you are right. I just do not share your optimism. This offseason will be key, if he repeats the same mistakes and we have another putrid season next year, I don't want to see him back for 09. You've gotta show some type of improvement.
As a Jet fan, Optimism is all I have left,but i feel Mangini can draft the right players he needs to make the Jets a Contender.He has done ok with the players he has drafted so far,some of the others guys on the team came from the Herm era.So you would atleast have to give the guy more than 2 years to see what he can do with his own picks in the draft and with the FA market.I say in 09 we will be a very good team,Time will tell, I hope I'm right .

They got rid of the the present NE coach when he was in Cleveland-he turned it around. Things take time. Mangini is still learning and the team in not yet complete. the draft was pretty good and more peices will be added that fit Mangini's mold. We have been in almost every game and with a few afjustments nect year we should be solid and the year after compete with anyone.

It's like you didn't read ecurb's post, or you just know you can't argue with it so you seize one aspect of it and take it to an extreme.

ecurb, rightly so, said without injury leon wouldn't see the field. Miller's credentials are not in dispute, and you arguing the justification for that is completely missing the point and is such a hilariously narrow point of view. ecurb isn't arguing that LW SHOULD start over Miller. He is saying Mangini wouldn't have without injury which you seem to hang on.

But here's the thing, look at the rest of ecurb's post, when he says how he thinks LW should have been used, and which is something I agree with. I still personally believe Leon Washington is our most talented offensive player and probably our only true gamebreaker. So why isn't he playing on offense? Why is his sole role to be a kick returner? ecurb mentions Reggie Bush, another player that is probably too undersized to be an every down RB, but who the Saints used even before the injury to McAllister as more of a recieving option. Why can't LW be used in that same way?

Now maybe LW is a terrible recieving option but I don't believe that, from what I've seen he has good hands. So what gives? Why don't we run more screens to LW? Why don't we run to the outside with LW? Why don't we TRY to get him involved? That is the question Barton. That was ecurb's point. And I am with him on it.

I didnt quote his entire post for a reason. I understood some of the criticism he had, but then he criticized Mangini for sticking with Miller as his KO man based on last year. Well of course he should, he lead the entire league in KO return average and made the pro bowl. I agree with ecurb that Washington should be used more on offense, but isnt that Schottys job?

I didnt quote his entire post for a reason. I understood some of the criticism he had, but then he criticized Mangini for sticking with Miller as his KO man based on last year. Well of course he should, he lead the entire league in KO return average and made the pro bowl. I agree with ecurb that Washington should be used more on offense, but isnt that Schottys job?

Yet you had a huge problem with EM sticking with Pennington to open the season based on last year, when he was 10th in passing yardage in the NFL.

(And both Miller and Pennington had a shaky TC.)

:box:

Yet you had a huge problem with EM sticking with Pennington to open the season based on last year, when he was 10th in passing yardage in the NFL.

(And both Miller and Pennington had a shaky TC.)

:box:

That doesnt mean much to me, JC. I only care about points. Those 17tds-16ints isnt exactly probowl quality stuff. :)

BTW, whats the deal with this Miami U team? Has that WR Shields done well this year because he's got alot of talent.

That doesnt mean much to me, JC. I only care about points. Those 17tds-16ints isnt exactly probowl quality stuff. :)

BTW, whats the deal with this Miami U team? Has that WR Shields done well this year because he's got alot of talent.

It's obvious you're picking and choosing your arguments, but the same reasoning you gave for going with Miller to start the season applies to CP.

The entire Canes team sucked this year except for LB Colin McCarthy and WR Darnell Jenkins. Shields had a lot of drops.

It's obvious you're picking and choosing your arguments, but the same reasoning you gave for going with Miller to start the season applies to CP.

The entire Canes team sucked this year except for LB Colin McCarthy and WR Darnell Jenkins. Shields had a lot of drops.

No it isnt. My reasoning for backing Mangini for sticking with Miller as his KO return man in 2007 is because he was the #1 KO return man in the entire league in 2006, making the probowl.

Do you think Chad had as great of a season as a QB as Miller did as a KO return man? I dont think so. Did Chad make the pro bowl? I dont think so.

I dont see the correlation.

And from what I've seen of Shields, he definitely does drop his fair share. James the RB has alot of ability too. That program will be back strong sooner or later.

No it isnt. My reasoning for backing Mangini for sticking with Miller as his KO return man in 2007 is because he was the #1 KO return man in the entire league in 2006, making the probowl.

Do you think Chad had as great of a season as a QB as Miller did as a KO return man? I dont think so. Did Chad make the pro bowl? I dont think so.

I dont see the correlation.

And from what I've seen of Shields, he definitely does drop his fair share. James the RB has alot of ability too. That program will be back strong sooner or later.

Pennington was voted NFL Comeback Player of the Year. He did not have a bad season. The one thing I said about him going into the season was that he had to cut back his ints, but he wasnt able to do that. He should have been benched after the first Buffalo game, but I think it was the right decision to start him against the Pats in the opener.

It was a mistake playing Miller so soon after his injury he sustained in the pre-season. Just another ****up by the CS. They rushed him back.

James had a pretty bad season. Craig Cooper emerged as the #1 RB this season. Hopefully Marve will win the QB job next year, but they still have major problems on the team and in the program. I dont see them being an elite team again in the foreseeable future.

The only reason he mentioned Miller even is to qualify his statement that LW only saw the field due to an injury to another player. Whether he should or shouldn't start over Miller isn't the crux of his argument, but you seized on it and apparently misunderstood it, or saw what you wanted to see. Leon SHOULD be more involved that he is, and by that ecurb meant the offensive side of the ball, but he knew if he said that you and others would seize on that and say he is involved as a kick returner. So he headed that argument off, only to have this happen.

Even if that isn't his argument, that is the argument I am presenting to you then barton. What's your response to it? Do you agree or disagree that LW is being underutilized?

The only reason he mentioned Miller even is to qualify his statement that LW only saw the field due to an injury to another player. Whether he should or shouldn't start over Miller isn't the crux of his argument, but you seized on it and apparently misunderstood it, or saw what you wanted to see. Leon SHOULD be more involved that he is, and by that ecurb meant the offensive side of the ball, but he knew if he said that you and others would seize on that and say he is involved as a kick returner. So he headed that argument off, only to have this happen.

Even if that isn't his argument, that is the argument I am presenting to you then barton. What's your response to it? Do you agree or disagree that LW is being underutilized?

He is definitely being underutilized on offense, no doubt about it.

• 1 year later...
Of course and everyone (including myself) will be right behind them if they show even some signs of good decision making...

He has been nothing but a dunce this season...

Paid Kimo... then cut him

Left Chad in too long

Kendal

Leon would have never seen the field if Miller didnt get hurt

Horrible second half adjustments

The list goes on...

I dont hate the guy... I hate his coaching style right now... and I pray for the JETS sake that he fixes it..

Leon barely sees the field on offense... he should be spilt out like Bush and used more at the end of the game when the D is tired... he is a gamebreaker...

Also... he is a beter KR than Miller... but since Miller had a good year last year... mangini would have stuck with miller based on last years performance (and he did) which is something he claims he does not do... but he also did it with Chad... and Vilma... and Dyson...

He is making Herm like mistakes... letting players play based on last season and who they are... we crushed herm for doing this...

Herm had better players. and he was playing them out of position too..aka the Shaun Ellis debacle amongst other things..you loved Mangini last year. :cloud9:

I'm not happy about this year, but I'm not going to judge the guy on one terrible season with a first year QB and no offensive and defensive lines. I'll withhold judgment until the end of next season.

So Mangini was dumb for starting the AFC pro bowl kick off return man from 2006 as his kickoff man for the 2007 season.

Got it.

Who was the better player THIS YEAR in THIS TC??? A hobbled Miller (which he continued to start with an injury) or Washington?

He is making Herm like mistakes... Im just calling it like I see it.

Wow

Hate to say I told you so...

Great bump JetMo. I wanted Mangini when they hired him and I feel even more confident that he is the right guy for the job now.

Patience people. The grass isn't always greener.

I agree... but if something greener comes available they need to make the change.

I say keep Mangini.

What I like about him is that he is very young for a coach, he is making mistakes, but the team has still done well for two out of three years he's had the team. And I don't think Sutton is going to be back next year, so there's a big part of the problem right there.

If Mangini gets hired and falls flat on his face, Max will dredge up this thread when everybody is bitching about hiring a guy with little experience. Good forward thinking Max.

I had the other thought in mind. I was going to wait until February to bump this. You know after the ride down Main St in Lyndhurst with the Lombardi.

You just have to be different. :roll:

No, I like the job he's doing. I don't think he's perfect, but I like the direction the team has taken and I think he deserves to continue. I find it silly that most of the board is looking the fire a guy that has us at 9 wins with 2 games to go. This season has been a success, I can only imagine what we'd be like if it were a failure.

No, I like the job he's doing. I don't think he's perfect, but I like the direction the team has taken and I think he deserves to continue. I find it silly that most of the board is looking the fire a guy that has us at 9 wins with 2 games to go. This season has been a success, I can only imagine what we'd be like if it were a failure.

If we lose the next two and miss the playoffs, I'd have to say I want him fired. If we don't make the playoffs, or even do and make a first round exit, I'll probably want him fired too.

Archived