Go On Record: Mangini Yes Or No

Maxman

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It sounds like Mangini is going to happen tonight. So make your feelings known. This way when we look back there will be no doubt what you thought today.

I vote for Mangini.

Even though you're wrong 99% of the time :wink: , I'm with you, I vote for Mangini too!

We could do a lot worse!

I like Mangini a lot but I'm not sure he is ready to be a HC and this isn't the best opportunity right now.

Personally, I think a new HC is better off with a team at the bottom like Houston or the Saints.

If this was a total rebuilding job yes but expectations are still going to be very high and this team was one game away from the AFC Championship game last year.

Maybe with a better GM but I think they need someone with HC experinece. But maybe this is what Bradway wants so when they fail he can do a "Herm" and blame Mangini and say he was overwhelmed and wasn't ready to be the HC.

His 2 mentors (Bill Belichick and Nick Saban) have better teams right now.

edit add-on

Fassel is not garbage, far from it. He coached the Giants to the Super Bowl and they were not the most talented team in the NFC. His QB's were Dave Brown & then Kerry Collins.

He lost his offensive coordinator to the XFL (Jim Skipper, currently RB coach Carolina) and then John Fox to the Panthers. When Fox left Johnny Lynn (just fired as the Ravens secondary coach) was given the job to keep the continuity but just was not ready to be a defensive coordinator and that was the downfall of the Giants.

If Fassel can get a good defensive coordinator like a Dom Capers or Jim Haslett he will be an excellent HC.

The pedigree is there, and you want soomeone that is coming from success.

he seems to be meticulous in his detail and organization, good signs.

The periphery, meaning others in the league like him. Namely Crennel and Saban, two very sound football minds, wanted him. Bellichick kept him. That tells you something.

Hey, this is a roll of a dice in many directions. I think you can do a lot worse, and there are a lot worse names out there.

I give it a yes.

Time? In New York? Unfortunately he gets a one year grace period thanks to the NY media!

I'm not saying it's right but it's a fact. The NY media is tough and they can ruin a coach (or player).

Look at Ray Handley and Rich Kotite... they are both out of the game and were both good offensive assistants.

Time? In New York? Unfortunately he gets a one year grace period thanks to the NY media!

I'm not saying it's right but it's a fact. The NY media is tough and they can ruin a coach (or player).

Look at Ray Handley and Rich Kotite... they are both out of the game and were both good offensive assistants.

Ray and Rich did plenty ON THEIR OWN to ruin their careers.

NY can be the best and wost place to coach, and it can be both those at the same time.

Not everyone can coach or play here, but, you I want someone who knows aht they are walking into. Mangini has been here, he knows the lay of the land. He has been around a couple of chaps, Tuna and Bellichick who will have versed him well how to handle the media-Keep that at arms length, and keep them salivating for more.

Don't tell them too much, but give them enough to get their jobs done.

Be definitive. It is your call, which one do you pick. No wiggle room just say which one you think is better for the Jets.

I'd take Dinger or Westhoff. Both good x's and o's guys, they know the personnel, and have the inside knowledge on what needs to be changed.

I dont hold the 05 offensive display against Dinger. He had a wounded QB, a pathetic OL, and mounting injuries.

I'll throw my support to whomever is hired, but I'd like to see one of the co-ords already on board promoted.

Mangini has the knowledge and experience of coaching in New York- you have to be tough to handle New York and the pressure- not any one can walk in and do it.

We need a fresh start -even if you consider him low on actual experience-he has a strong work ethic that works for me- go for it Terry

If Mangini gets hired and falls flat on his face, Max will dredge up this thread when everybody is bitching about hiring a guy with little experience. Good forward thinking Max.

That was the goal, no doubt about it! Going to bookmark this thread and pull it up in about 3 years.

Or in 2 days when Magini says no! :oops:

Absolutely.

Take the age issue out of this, people. Yes, he has only one year as a defensive coordinator, but that's one year more than Herm had when he came here. Plus he has what, 10 years experience behind Parcells and BB?

Let's take a chance on Mangini. :)

Tice would be a definite NO!

I am for Mangini only because he "Could" become a winner with us, where Tice turned Minni into a laughing stock so I see no reason he would be different here.

I don't want another team's castoff, if they failed miserably as a head Coach somewhere else, why would they change here?

Mangini, Lewis, Dinger, Westoff - Yes

Haslett, Tice, Turner, Mularky - NO

That was the goal, no doubt about it! Going to bookmark this thread and pull it up in about 3 years.

Or in 2 days when Magini says no! :oops:

I think this Team is in no worse shape then when Tuna took over Kotites 1-15 Jets! If Mangini takes the Job I wouldn't be surprised to even make the playoffs next season! Same goes for Dinger or Westoff! ANYONE is a improvement over the BBQ Man!! =D> Too many cooks may spoil the Broth but 1 BBQ man can really screw up a Football Team!! :lol:

Given the choice I'd rather take Mangini even if he isn't ready rather than Mike Tice.

Mike Tice will be Rich Kotite all over. Tice needs to go work as an assistant again and might be a good HC next time around.

I know he is old but why not Dan Henning? He was our OC under Parcells and had to have some influence on Charlie Weis.

I know he wasn't a great HC but since then he's been OC under Bill Parcells and John Fox and has a great job with Vinny, (Ray Lucas) and Jake Delhomme. I don't think the Atlanta failure should count against him as the team was bad before and after...

I know there are better choices than Mike Tice.

Bradway better get it right because he won't get a chance to fix it next time around.

Archived