Dwayne Haskins

BCJet

Did someone say “arm” in the same sentence as Jones.... that guy is the first Qb since Christian Ponder that is completely undraftable based on arm strength alone. Wouldn’t matter if he had Tom Brady’s head stitched on, that is the worst arm I have ever seen. Whoever said that should be banned. 

20 hours ago, cant wait said:

ledyard also picked kizer as his 1st QB in 2017 going #3 to the bears... but seriously it’s all over the place. charlie campbell reported today that 3 NFL GM’s are on record as saying daniel jones will be the #1 QB this year so who knows. from what I’m seeing a lot of the knocks on haskins have to do with his lack of mobility so he could improve his stock greatly with a good showing at the combine. IMO him and murray are the only guys that have plus accuracy whereas jones/lock look hauntingly similar to bortles/gabbert

Agree with a lot of this. This reminds of when we were told guys like Ryan Nassib and Bryce Petty could go round 1. 

Yea right. 

Regarding ledyard - him and DraftNetwork frat boy crew are already wearing thin in me.  Way worse this year than before - with cute tag lines, the sensationalized tweets and some lame takes on players. I appreciate all the extra exposure we’re getting but they’re like unchecked party boys with a microphone and an audience. 

Regarding Jones vs. Haskins, I see more and more drafts putting Haskins to the Giants at 6 and Jones, Lock or Murray to the Jags at 7.  

What I don't believe is that JAX would sit tight at 7 and take whoever gets past the Giants (who would probably take Haskins).  At the very least, they should strongly consider moving up to 5 (TB) if they think Haskins is the best of the bunch (I know, Paradis, you hate them all).  To mock JAX sitting back and taking scraps just seems dumb because I find it improbably that JAX is indifferent to which of their top-2 guys they get.  If they tip their hand early, then NYG could move up higher, so I think it'll be a draft-day trade, if at all.  Now we only have to hope Gettleman gets nervous and decides to move up preemptively.  Say...to 3?

3 hours ago, nycdan said:

Regarding Jones vs. Haskins, I see more and more drafts putting Haskins to the Giants at 6 and Jones, Lock or Murray to the Jags at 7.  

What I don't believe is that JAX would sit tight at 7 and take whoever gets past the Giants (who would probably take Haskins).  At the very least, they should strongly consider moving up to 5 (TB) if they think Haskins is the best of the bunch (I know, Paradis, you hate them all).  To mock JAX sitting back and taking scraps just seems dumb because I find it improbably that JAX is indifferent to which of their top-2 guys they get.  If they tip their hand early, then NYG could move up higher, so I think it'll be a draft-day trade, if at all.  Now we only have to hope Gettleman gets nervous and decides to move up preemptively.  Say...to 3?

it's just one man's opinion. The Draft always goes a different way than we expect. I'm sure there'll be some activity surrounding the QBs -- I just have a hard time believing it happens in the top 5

On 2/2/2019 at 12:28 AM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

IMHO Haskins is the best pure QB in Buckeye history, not saying much but a real shame that his talent was wasted on a lost year, think this kid develops into a great NFL QB, he needs some time but has Andrew Luck talent - another year at OSU and he would go #1

Problem for Haskins is next year is a deeper qb class

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Problem for Haskins is next year is a deeper qb class

Not every team is going to wait for 2020 because not every team is going to be able to grab a QB next year. I suspect teams that are more built to win now will go with a veteran. Giants may take Flacco, Jaguars may take someone like Foles, Redskins may take someone this year, Dolphins will take someone next year. That leaves teams like the Denver Bronco’s #10 and Redskins #12 wanting to move up. Now that may be the case or they may not want to move up at all but my main point is that a few probably will.. for the sake of this scenario I’m just saying Denver/Washington. Now considering these are two teams that are fairly far back compared to where the Cardinals or 49ers are sitting, they’d be more inclined to turn to the next pick...#3 which belongs to the NY Jets. We could move down into that area, it’s not impossible. Drew Lock is already getting a bit of buzz. Daniel Jones is too. Not saying either will go #3 but it just goes to show how crazy draft season gets and this year will be no different.

8 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Not every team is going to wait for 2020 because not every team is going to be able to grab a QB next year. I suspect teams that are more built to win now will go with a veteran. Giants may take Flacco, Jaguars may take someone like Foles, Redskins may take someone this year, Dolphins will take someone next year. That leaves teams like the Denver Bronco’s #10 and Redskins #12 wanting to move up. Now that may be the case or they may not want to move up at all but my main point is that a few probably will.. for the sake of this scenario I’m just saying Denver/Washington. Now considering these are two teams that are fairly far back compared to where the Cardinals or 49ers are sitting, they’d be more inclined to turn to the next pick...#3 which belongs to the NY Jets. We could move down into that area, it’s not impossible. Drew Lock is already getting a bit of buzz. Daniel Jones is too. Not saying either will go #3 but it just goes to show how crazy draft season gets and this year will be no different.

also gotta factor in cap situations for each team in regards to FA, the jags have the least amount of cap space (currently have -6M for 2019) next season so they may have no choice but to draft a QB. the next two QB hungry teams would be the skins (20M) and giants (27M)

• 3 weeks later...
On February 7, 2019 at 7:56 PM, cant wait said:

also gotta factor in cap situations for each team in regards to FA, the jags have the least amount of cap space (currently have -6M for 2019) next season so they may have no choice but to draft a QB. the next two QB hungry teams would be the skins (20M) and giants (27M)

Cap space means very little , as you can always create cap space, ( cutting other positions+ restructuring contracts etc ) .     If you don't have a Qb you aren't going very far.      The Jaguars are a win now team, and a rookie Qb doesn't do anything for them. ( not winning with any rookie Qb) 

The Jaguars I would say is most likely to be Fa Qb Nick Foles destination.  

4 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

Cap space means very little , as you can always create cap space, ( cutting other positions+ restructuring contracts etc ) .     If you don't have a Qb you aren't going very far.      The Jaguars are a win now team, and a rookie Qb doesn't do anything for them. ( not winning with any rookie Qb) 

Or Eli.

11 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You sure?  Foles is a west coast offense qb and Coughlin doesn't run that offense.  Maybe your right I have no idea what the Jags are going to do they are in a pickle with Bortles and his contract

2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

You sure?  Foles is a west coast offense qb and Coughlin doesn't run that offense.  Maybe your right I have no idea what the Jags are going to do they are in a pickle with Bortles and his contract

Perhaps a Foles / DeFilippo reunion.

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 6:56 PM, cant wait said:

Bortles' contract is a killer.  If the jags cut him he's a $16.5 million in dead money.  If they don't cut him and carry him on the roster he counts $21 million against the cap.  And Coughlin just gave him this contract last year

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Bortles' contract is a killer.  If the jags cut him he's a $16.5 million in dead money.  If they don't cut him and carry him on the roster he counts $21 million against the cap.  And Coughlin just gave him this contract last year

jags are a mess right now. IMO they need a QB on a rookie contract to keep their current window open

On 2/25/2019 at 4:58 PM, cant wait said:

jags are a mess right now. IMO they need a QB on a rookie contract to keep their current window open

Either they hope for either Haskins or Murray to fall to 7 (which is possible) or they sign a cheap vet like Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor to compete with Bortles

AFC South is kinda wide open.  Texans aren’t that good, Titans are on a decline, colts had a nice season and probably will be the best team going into next year

10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Either they hope for either Haskins or Murray to fall to 7 (which is possible) or they sign a cheap vet like Bridgewater or Tyrod Taylor to compete with Bortles

AFC South is kinda wide open.  Texans aren’t that good, Titans are on a decline, colts had a nice season and probably will be the best team going into next year

Don't assume the Jags (or any team) are indifferent to which of Haskins or Murray they get.  They may love one and not like another (i.e. one might be deemed 'too short'?).  If they only want Haskins, for example, they would be crazy to sit back and wait.  

And IMO, Teddy and Tyrod are both  'Matt Flynn' types.  Vets who you bring in to compete with a rookie you drafted.  Putting all your chips into either of them as if they are the answer when you are on a short window like JAX is right now seems like a really bad idea.  The only vet that they could arguably bring in without drafting a QB in round 1 is Foles.  And even that isn't a sure thing.

Archived