MetLife Stadium stinks and the latest Super Bowl venues will make it look even worse

joewilly12

51 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

Anyone who believed that got exactly what they deserved.

The people who thought they were investing in something when they bought PSLs are the same people who respond to emails from Nigeria about long lost uncles with untold fortunes.

This. 

And the Jets never said anything about this "investment" word, in fact just last year a lawsuit was thrown out of court because the PSL agreement we all signed specifically said there was no guarantee of any value, future or present. 

We knew what the PSL was.  It was a way to get all the old timers out of the good seats so that waitlisters like me could buy our way in.  And once we did, our ticket prices didn't go up a penny for more than a decade which effectively wiped the PSL expense clean.

PSL's never happened.  And the 17,000 of us who wrote PSL checks to the Jets have been rewarded for our loyalty.

SAR I

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

No not at all. It makes perfect sense actually. I was just pointing out that even the Texans had a lot of fans at MetLife but you expect that more from fanbases like the Steelers, pats, packers, etc as some have already stated above.   

Remember, the Jets are one of those fanbases that travel extremely well, no different than the Steelers, Pats, Packers, etc.  I've been to dozens of road games and Jets fans show up in droves.

And if you want a stadium that is 100% full of only Jets fans, well, get yourself and your friends on Stubhub and that's that.  Raiders fans can't buy Jets tickets if the Jets fans buy them instead.

SAR I

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

This. 

And the Jets never said anything about this "investment" word, in fact just last year a lawsuit was thrown out of court because the PSL agreement we all signed specifically said there was no guarantee of any value, future or present. 

We knew what the PSL was.  It was a way to get all the old timers out of the good seats so that waitlisters like me could buy our way in.  And once we did, our ticket prices didn't go up a penny for more than a decade which effectively wiped the PSL expense clean.

PSL's never happened.  And the 17,000 of us who wrote PSL checks to the Jets have been rewarded for our loyalty.

SAR I

I thought you weren't on a waiting list and had acquired season tickets prior to the PSL era taking effect?  

The trinkets (scarfs, umbrellas,key chains, pencil boxes) and the free pretzels. Congrats. 

And if you want a stadium that is 100% full of only Jets fans, well, get yourself and your friends on Stubhub and that's that.  Raiders fans can't buy Jets tickets if the Jets fans buy them instead.

SAR I

No need to go on Stubhub the NY Jets sell season tickets and individual game tickets, NO PSL required and if your a good negotiator you can get free parking and no pre-season tickets. 

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Besides pslsource.com there are other agencies selling pre-owned PSL's just as the NY Jets are selling season tickets in the PSL areas without requiring you to buy a PSL.  

The NY Jets themselves have openly admitted PSL's are not working by doing this. 

The stadium is far from sold out and the stadium is not what they expected it to be. 

Its new and its ok comparing to other much more elaborate venues in the NFL is a joke. 

I have not made the argument that MetLife Stadium has been sold out since 2012.

The Jets have stopped PSL's on some seats and lowered ticket prices because the team has sucked since 2012.

Real Jets fans don't care what the color of a plastic seat or a stadium facade is; we just want to watch the games.

Take your pslsource data and multiply it by 4x for all I care, it still means less than 5% of all PSL's are for sale.

The Jets are #2 in the NFL in attendance in 2018 and have been #1 in the AFC since MetLife Stadium opened.

There is nothing wrong with our stadium.  What's wrong are the heads of grumpy old men who are too cheap to get to the building and whine about what they see on TV.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

The Jets have stopped PSL's on some seats and lowered ticket prices because the team has sucked since 2012.

Real Jets fans don't care what the color of a plastic seat or a stadium facade is; we just want to watch the games.

Take your pslsource data and multiply it by 4x for all I care, it still means less than 5% of all PSL's are for sale.

The Jets are #2 in the NFL in attendance in 2018 and have been #1 in the AFC since MetLife Stadium opened.

There is nothing wrong with our stadium.  What's wrong are the heads of grumpy old men who are too cheap to get to the building and whine about what they see on TV.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

You sound very grumpy about all this. Must be from spending so much time in drab, grey chairs.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Real Jets fans don't sell their tickets to other teams fans. They go to the games themselves.

40 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So the Jets and Giants screw their fan base' and we should feel good about it?  Sorry, I don't. You guys don't get it.  It's basically blackmail.  The PSL license holders knew they were getting  "hosed",, but paid the price because they had no choice. There is only one Jets football team.  There are lots of concerts and "jewelers".  It is not the same.  The relationship between sports franchise and fan is supposed to be somewhat of a  "kinship".  The team shouldn't be screwing their fans, despite what you think.

I'm a PSL owner and a season ticket holder.  You can stop worrying about how I spent my fun money in 2008.  Okay?  I don't need you to cry for me.  Only 17,000 people wrote PSL checks to the Jets and this is a city of 20 million people.  We 17,000 are doing just fine, thank you.  We didn't get deceived.  It simply wasn't a lot of money to us. 

And as far as "kinship", the Jets didn't increase my ticket prices for 11 years.  They even reduced it 2 years ago.  I'm paying less per game today than I did for that dump across the parking lot in 2009.  My PSL's came out to $13 per game.  Had the Jets done what the rest of the NFL did during this period of massive growth and increased my prices, I'd be paying more like $25 more per game.  I'm not.  I'm paying less than 2009 prices.

SAR I

43 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

No one forced anyone to buy PSL's MANY of us opted out. 

They can make it right by returning PSL fees and going back to season ticket packages only. 

Another person without PSL's speaking out.

Stop worrying about how rich people spent their fun money in 2008.  If my $16,000 made a difference in my life I never would have spent it.  And I'm glad I did.  Bought my way off the waiting list.  Got some great memories past and future as a result.

SAR I

35 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

When you opted out did you feel good about it?  Exactly.  As for them making it right.... don't hold your breath.

Of course joewilly12 doesn't feel good about it.  He knows he quit on the team and the only way to rationalize that disloyal decision here over a decade later he has to invent this cover story about the Johnson's being greedy and PSL owners facing hardship.  It's a crock of BS and he knows it.  He's a quitter.  And a whiner, which is worse.

And all of this could have been avoided if he agreed to pay a measly $7 a game more for a PSL seat of his choosing.  Not only did he quit on the team but he guessed wrong on the Johnson's intentions.  The Jets didn't raise ticket prices.  So the PSL never happened.

SAR I

50 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So the Jets and Giants screw their fan base' and we should feel good about it?  Sorry, I don't. You guys don't get it.  It's basically blackmail.  The PSL license holders knew they were getting  "hosed",, but paid the price because they had no choice. There is only one Jets football team.  There are lots of concerts and "jewelers".  It is not the same.  The relationship between sports franchise and fan is supposed to be somewhat of a  "kinship".  The team shouldn't be screwing their fans, despite what you think.

Screwed?  How?  By being asked to pay for a product?  The Jets aren't your friend, they're a business.  You're the customer.  I'm sorry if this is somehow news to you.

Blackmail?  That's terribly dramatic.  No one is forcing you, and you did have a choice.  Give up your seats, and buy on a game by game basis.

The entitlement in this post is exactly what SAR is speaking about.

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

pslsource.com proves you wrong MANY corner MEZZ seats for sale CHEAP 

Not Row 1 in the section directly adjacent to the Club seats.

I will never sell my seats so it doesn't matter.  But I could turn a $4,000 profit on my seats today if I wanted to.  Darnold, Chris Johnson, Adam Gase, Gregg Williams, and Jamal Adams have a lot of people excited.  Myself included. 

Enjoy the couch and the pretzels.  But talk less.  Thanks.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, leonwashington2 said:

Correct. Not your fault somebody else wasn't willing to pay what you did for something. If you buy Springsteen tickets for $1000 and then the resale market for the same seat is $300, it's not Springsteen's fault you paid $1000 for the ticket. You're not a two year old. You shouldn't believe every word somebody tells you. Especially a for profit entity.

Entertainment isn't an investment.  Once in a blue moon you can get lucky, and sell your entertainment access for a profit, but for the most part, it's money you spend on pleasure.

8 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Of course joewilly12 doesn't feel good about it.  He knows he quit on the team and the only way to rationalize that disloyal decision here over a decade later he has to invent this cover story about the Johnson's being greedy and PSL owners facing hardship.  It's a crock of BS and he knows it.  He's a quitter.  And a whiner, which is worse.

And all of this could have been avoided if he agreed to pay a measly $7 a game more for a PSL seat of his choosing.  Not only did he quit on the team but he guessed wrong on the Johnson's intentions.  The Jets didn't raise ticket prices.  So the PSL never happened.

SAR I

Prior to acquiring season tickets there was no internet I scalped tickets weekly driving to games not knowing if we were getting in or not and not knowing what we would have to pay, unlike others who sit home and sell tickets to opposing teams fans.  

SAR I is a FAIR WEATHER FAN SELLOUT a QUITTER and a RICH WHINER corporate stiff who has to brag about his fortunes as he has no other life but here on a football message board where he can flex his wealth, disparage blue-collar workers and others who he doesn't like, who he feels aren't in his income bracket. 

Surprisingly he's not a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS fan because thats where he belongs

9 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Another person without PSL's speaking out.

Stop worrying about how rich people spent their fun money in 2008.  If my $16,000 made a difference in my life I never would have spent it.  And I'm glad I did.  Bought my way off the waiting list.  Got some great memories past and future as a result.

SAR I

Don't need a PSL the NY JETS are trying to sell me tickets very close to you without a PSL fees, parking fees or pre-season games. 

This message board is a great thing it allows me and other fans like me to speak out. 

You cant handle the TRUTH 

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

joewilly12 gets FREE tickets at the current time I even get luxury box invites FREE there is no reason at the current time for me to purchase anything from the NY Jets or you on Stubhub.............

Enjoy

....and that's why so many Minnesota Vikings fans got into our stadium in October.

If the tickets aren't free, Mr. Diehard himself won't attend a game.  What a travesty that some guy in Minnesota could ask for an unpaid day off from work, scrape together $500 for a flight, $200 for a hotel, and $25 for a ticket and you couldn't come up with just the $25 necessary to block him and keep him home in Minneapolis.

Shame on you.  Shame.

SAR I

....and that's why so many Minnesota Vikings fans got into our stadium in October.

If the tickets aren't free, Mr. Diehard himself won't attend a game.  What a travesty that some guy in Minnesota could scrape together $500 for a flight, $200 for a hotel, and $25 for a ticket and you couldn't come up with just the $25 necessary to block him and keep him home in Minneapolis.

Shame on you.  Shame.

SAR I

I pay for tickets when I have to directly from the NY Jets not from outside backroom agency named Stubhub or SARhub.com

31 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Only thing is you are paying for it and getting nothing in return. 

$11 beers to sit in a dungeon?  Sign me up. 

Padded MEZZ seats that smell like an old boat in the hot sun. 

If I were you I'd spend more time worrying about the calibration of your 10 year old plasma TV since that's the closest you get to a Jets game.

SAR I

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

What's funny is that the people who rub me about 7-digit net worth, leased BMW's, and mansions are the ones who want some fancy millionaire's stadium with a retractable roof, solid gold turnstiles, carpeted bathrooms, waitress service, and massaging stadium seats.

What's going on here?  I thought all those rough and tumble blue collar working stiffs like their clothes dirty, their beer cheap, their women plump, and their trucks rusty. 

So I'm the one making the case that a basic stadium is good enough and everyone else is screaming for Buckingham Palace?

SAR I

You are so good at this its not even funny. I'm the one who tried to calm Joe down the other day by telling him nobody with money talked the way you were. I actually felt sorry for him for bringing a knife to a gun fight, and was hoping he'd calm down, listen to me, and ignore you before he went crazy and continued to argue. I can't say I'm surprised he didn't listen though. As much as I was feeling bad for him, I have to be honest. I think it hysterically funny watching you play him like a violin. I can't say its impressive, because its not hard to get him wound up. Who among us doesn't enjoy rattling his cage once in a while? Hell, he puts me on ignore once a week. LOL

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm a PSL owner and a season ticket holder.  You can stop worrying about how I spent my fun money in 2008.  Okay?  I don't need you to cry for me.  Only 17,000 people wrote PSL checks to the Jets and this is a city of 20 million people.  We 17,000 are doing just fine, thank you.  We didn't get deceived.  It simply wasn't a lot of money to us. 

And as far as "kinship", the Jets didn't increase my ticket prices for 11 years.  They even reduced it 2 years ago.  I'm paying less per game today than I did for that dump across the parking lot in 2009.  My PSL's came out to $13 per game.  Had the Jets done what the rest of the NFL did during this period of massive growth and increased my prices, I'd be paying more like $25 more per game.  I'm not.  I'm paying less than 2009 prices.

SAR I

Was I talking to you?  I don't believe so.  Congratulations on your sponsorship, and I'm pretty sure you don't speak for the 17,000 either. The "city" you speak of is actually a state, You are pompous and arrogant, so I really feel no need to discuss this with you any further. It's strange that such a dedicated, informed  "insider", spends the bulk of his time commenting on a stadium, what color uniform the Jets will be wearing, or insulting other posters.  Don't reply to this post, go fight with someone else.  That seems to be your only talent.  I will continue to have civil discourse with the other 99% of posters on JetNation.  As for you, well...…..

31 minutes ago, section314 said:

This will be my 40th year of season tickets. I've sat through much more than 7 years of lousy football. If that's all you've had to endure, consider yourself lucky.

LOL, no, I meant since MetLife opened.

40 years of season tickets, wow, I tip my cap to you, your family, your loyalty, and your dedication.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2001 and I feel pretty proud of that, but 40 years is amazing.  Great job.  Your reward is only a year or two away.  We will host the AFC Championship Game, Sam Darnold will deliver, and that green and white confetti you've been dreaming about will cover you and your seats in joy.

SAR I

LOL, no, I meant since MetLife opened.

40 years of season tickets, wow, I tip my cap to you, your family, your loyalty, and your dedication.  I've been a season ticket holder since 2001 and I feel pretty proud of that, but 40 years is amazing.  Great job.  Your reward is only a year or two away.  We will host the AFC Championship Game, Sam Darnold will deliver, and that green and white confetti you've been dreaming about will cover you and your seats in joy.

SAR I

And, I will gladly play 4X face for that game, with all the money I didn't spend on tickets!

Just kidding, I'll get free coaches club tickets through a corporate connection, and eat a bunch of mediocre, but free food.

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Same here and POWER TO YOU section314. 

You are NOT a season ticket holder.  When the Jets needed you to reciprocate for those great seats you were gifted in Shea Stadium and grandfathered in Giants Stadium and actually pay fair market value for a change, you took off, blamed everyone but yourself, and quit on the team.  And now your absence allows enemy fans into our stadium and hurts our homefield advantage.

Shame on you.  Shame.

SAR I

34 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

How do you feel about the NY Jets selling the seats next to yours to someone and not charging them a PSL fee? 

I feel great about it.  If the lack of a PSL on seats in my section helps bring new, young fans into the season ticket family that's a good thing, not a bad thing.

Again, how I spent my fun money more than a decade ago doesn't matter to me.  And it shouldn't matter to you.

SAR I

32 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I thought you weren't on a waiting list and had acquired season tickets prior to the PSL era taking effect?  

The trinkets (scarfs, umbrellas,key chains, pencil boxes) and the free pretzels. Congrats. 

I was waitlisted from 1988 to 2002.  15 long years of scrounging to get tickets from business partners and scalpers.  And my reward for waiting all that time were seats up by the flags in the upper deck endzone.

Tired of waiting, in 2001 I discovered a site called eBay for the first time, found a retired postal worker with Row 1 seats in Giants Stadium, and paid him $10,000 for a postcard onto which I transferred 3 seats from his name to mine.  I lived in New England at the time, drove 10 hours round trip from 2001 to 2009 to watch about 5 games a year and then paid another guy $4,000 to get 4 of his father's seats with Day 1 seniority so I could pick the very seats I wanted in MetLife Stadium, thus ending my 20 year odyssey to get the right 4 seats to watch Jets games.

So don't talk to me about loyalty, friend.   Not all of us were lucky enough to live in New York and get great seats to Jets games.  Some of us lived hundreds of miles away and had to jump through crazy hoops to get that.

SAR I

10 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And, I will gladly play 4X face for that game, with all the money I didn't spend on tickets!

Just kidding, I'll get free coaches club tickets through a corporate connection, and eat a bunch of mediocre, but free food.

Man if the Jets ever play in a real game ever again I think you have to sit with the plebs to fully enjoy.

32 minutes ago, section314 said:

Real Jets fans don't sell their tickets to other teams fans. They go to the games themselves.

I attended 6 games plus a preseason game last year.  For a busy executive with a working wife and four kids under the age of 20 that's quite an effort.  I'm sure you might remember what it's like to have, you know, responsibilities.

I don't sell my tickets to other teams fans.  I list them on Stubhub below face value to help Jets fans in need attend a few games a year.  If other teams fans wind up buying them that's not on me.  That's on Jets fans who live in the NY metro area.  Last year, we couldn't attend the Houston game, so I wound up listing my Row 1 $125 seats for $25 each, an utter bargain.  If there is a Jets fan out there who didn't attend that game, it's because of laziness, not expense.  The people to be blamed are the Jets fans who aren't season ticket holders as they are the ones who should be scooping up the 8,000 or so tickets that are put up on Stubhub each week.

SAR I

17 minutes ago, SAR I said:

You are NOT a season ticket holder.  When the Jets needed you to reciprocate for those great seats you were gifted in Shea Stadium and grandfathered in Giants Stadium and actually pay fair market value for a change, you took off, blamed everyone but yourself, and quit on the team.  And now your absence allows enemy fans into our stadium and hurts our homefield advantage.

Shame on you.  Shame.

SAR I

I was on a waiting list at GIANTS stadium. 

I was gifted nothing. 

I never QUIT on my team or have I ever SOLD OUT on them. 

Something you can never ever say or buy your way out of. 

Archived