MetLife Stadium stinks and the latest Super Bowl venues will make it look even worse

joewilly12

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Old drunks were there every week in their seat regardless of weather, time,opponent,win-loss record. There were never this many opposing teams fans in that stadium as there is now. 

Season ticket holders are NOT paying the bills or the NY Jets wouldn't be selling PSL seats without having to pay the PSL fee or would single game tickets be available through the NY Jets. There are so many PSL's for sale through the NY Jets and on the after market resale market. 

No one cares about PSL's anymore.  It's old, old news.

How rich people spent their fun money 11 years ago is no business of Giants Stadium quitters and something current season ticket holders don't even think about.  "The PSL's are an outrage!"  Maybe a bit of a hardship for some in 2008.  Not in 2019.  Ancient history.

SAR I

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I pray for you SAR I not every man that walks the face of this earth can be as great and as wealthy as you. WOW 

Don't pray for me.  Spend more time trying to be me.  You're right, not every man can be as great and wealthy as some others.  They don't call us the 1% for nothing.

But it doesn't take tens of millions of dollars of net worth to get tickets to Jets games.  They can be had for as little as $25.  Money isn't an excuse for you quitting on the team like you did.  Give up your season tickets?  Perhaps I can understand that on the grounds of cost.  But not picking up $25 or $50 seats on Stubhub 2-3x a year?  NO EXCUSE.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

56 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Way more than 10% way more and you know it. 

Nope.  That's not what I see at MetLife Stadium attending 5+ games each season.

And I gave an example how if even an outrageous (and untrue) 20% of fans in MetLife were enemy fans we'd STILL have more JETS fans in the stadium than the Patriots do in Gillette Stadium and they are the best team in the NFL and we suck.

You think every Jets fan is like you, you view us through your victim eyes, and you are wrong.  Jets fans are loud and proud and more of us show up to our games than fans of any team in the AFC, and all but one in the entire NFL.

Don't come to games.  We don't need your brand of negativity and defeatest victim culture there, thanks.  I'd rather sit next to a drunk Dolphins fan than a sober SOJF who is programmed by the Mets to expect failure from his team and rings for his sorrow.  Thank God I'm a Yankee fan.  We know how to behave.

SAR I

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Hopefully that stops the sellout season ticket holders from listing tickets on stub hub and winning gets them in the seats they paid for. 

With 20 MILLION people in the NY Metro area it is ridiculous that so-called "loyal" Jets fans like YOU aren't buying the lousy 8,000 tickets that wind up in the hands of enemy fans each game.  This isn't Seattle with a pathetic 750 THOUSAND people. 

Cheap blue collar drunk Jets fans who used PSL's as an excuse to quit on the team are the worst.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Nope.  That's not what I see at MetLife Stadium attending 5+ games each season.

And I gave an example how if even an outrageous (and untrue) 20% of fans in MetLife were enemy fans we'd STILL have more JETS fans in the stadium than the Patriots do in Gillette Stadium and they are the best team in the NFL and we suck.

You think every Jets fan is like you, you view us through your victim eyes, and you are wrong.  Jets fans are loud and proud and more of us show up to our games than fans of any team in the AFC, and all but one in the entire NFL.

Don't come to games.  We don't need your brand of negativity and defeatest victim culture there, thanks.  I'd rather sit next to a drunk Dolphins fan than a sober SOJF who is programmed by the Mets to expect failure from his team and rings for his sorrow.  Thank God I'm a Yankee fan.  We know how to behave.

SAR I

This is art, really.

How many of those fans in attendance that lead the league are OPPOSING TEAMS FANS at NY Jets home games. 

Ding...ding...ding. Exactly. Our attendence is composed of people stuck into their PSL’s, opposing teams fans, and the casual fans getting a cheap group rate from their company a few days before the game while the price plummets.

5 hours ago, ECURB said:

Not sure what you mean. The stadium is nice. Also looks like a football stadium not a piece of furniture.

The team sucks... So gameday certainly could be better but it has nothing to do with the stadium.

Screenshot_2019-02-03-09-00-46.png

If I had a ugly girlfriend, I’d show her with the lights dimmed too. 

We have one of the ugliest stadiums in the league, especially at the price it cost. On top of that, the stadium is located in New Jersey ?

The stadium is lifeless. Absolutely ZERO energy in that thing. 

49 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

My home doesn't have a basement..... im a blue collar worker you know the slime ball drunk type yet you lease 3 series BMW's and buy Kenmore appliances. 

I attended more Jets games than you will ever think about attending as a season ticket holder and still probably attend more games than you today even though I don't have season tickets anymore. 

I never whined or made excuses about weather, game time,opponent, win-loss record unlike you do all the time and I never SOLD OUT........unlike you. 

MetLife is OK but it could have been so much better and should have been so much better...........maybe next time.

That was my starter home in 1996, friend.  It's 2019.  Things are quite different now.  23 years can do that to people.

How many games you attended in 1980 when tickets were $13 and there was no cable TV and getting sh-t faced at Jets games was a morally acceptable form of Sunday entertainment doesn't matter in 2019.  If you don't want to show up, that's fine.  Just shut up with your opinion of our perfectly acceptable football stadium.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance every year since the PSL's were instituted and in this awful, losing season, moved up to #2 in the entire NFL.

What about those "loyal" Giants fans?  Packers fans?  Broncos fans?  Redskins fans?

Those turncoats dropped like a rock vs. prior years.

2018-attendance.jpg

....but let's not let FACTS get in the way of a good VICTIM'S rant.

SAR I

Half of those seats are opposing fans!!! 

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wake up Joe. If you believe one thing I ever tell you on this site, believe this. No one with any real money speaks the way that person does. He's obviously a 40ish year old with huge insecurity issues. I'd guess he bought his PSL's for 20 cents on the dollar a couple of years ago, and his season tickets are the biggest purely entertainment purchase he's ever made just for himself.

If he's even moderately "successful" he's new to it, and those tickets are one of the first nice things he's ever owned. Sure, He probably has a lease on a vanity auto, and lives in a home which he can barely afford. He needs to have those, debt be damned, to feed his oversized ego. That ego is always hungry though, so he has to make sure everyone he comes in contact with knows how special he thinks he is. Even strangers on the internet.  

This post is gold.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Wasn't it just last week in the New Uniform thread you were telling everyone how smart this guy was, and that we should all pay more attention to what he was saying? 

My, my. That worm has turned rather quickly hasn't it? :rl:

That's gold too.  Well done.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

Ding...ding...ding. Exactly. Our attendence is composed of people stuck into their PSL’s, opposing teams fans, and the casual fans getting a cheap group rate from their company a few days before the game while the price plummets.

Perhaps that's how it looks on TV or from what you hear on your battery powered sports radio with the likes of that fossil Joe Beningo thinking that PSL's are still a thing in 2019.  It's not what it's like in the stadium.  MetLife is full of passionate Jets fans who write the big checks even in the down years and don't use PSL's or the color of stadium louvers as an excuse for quitting on the team.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

The fact that 2 teams own this stadium, and this was the result is especially embarrassing.

The fact that the Jets have not raised ticket prices since 2008 and have actually lowered our prices since then shows that the economics of MetLife Stadium are benefiting the fans.  And having 82,500 seats in a population of 20 million people?  And having a suburban location only 7 miles from Manhattan with ample parking for tailgaters and a train line for those without cars?  What about the construction that divides the stadium into 4 pie-shapes and eliminates congestion on the plazas, keeps lines to bathrooms short, and has a ton of concession registers?  Nah, let's not focus on functional things.  Let's listen to you whine about pretty things like seat colors and louvers.  Rough, tough football fans who want a pretty stadium.  You can't make this up. 

The stay-home-watch-TV fans seeing an octagonal-shaped retractable-roof stadium would have meant season ticket holders would have paid a lot more money.  Sorry, I'm not interested in funding a stadium that you'd find a way to complain about anyway.  Defeated Mets victims always find the cloudy lining in the clear blue sky no matter what you get.

SAR I

16 minutes ago, Ghost said:

If I had a ugly girlfriend, I’d show her with the lights dimmed too. 

We have one of the ugliest stadiums in the league, especially at the price it cost. On top of that, the stadium is located in New Jersey ?

The stadium is lifeless. Absolutely ZERO energy in that thing. 

The team sucks, so there has been very little energy since the place opened.

But on a few occasions, like December 2015 when we beat the Patriots in OT and set ourselves up for an unexpected playoff spot, that place was louder than Giants Stadium ever was.  Turns out that drunk poor fans run out of steam in the fourth quarter.  Sober wealthy fans have the energy to cheer the whole game through.

SAR I

13 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perhaps that's how it looks on TV or from what you hear on your battery powered sports radio with the likes of that fossil Joe Beningo thinking that PSL's are still a thing in 2019.  It's not what it's like in the stadium.  MetLife is full of passionate Jets fans who write the big checks even in the down years and don't use PSL's or the color of stadium louvers as an excuse for quitting on the team.

SAR I

I go to plenty of games. There are a lot of passionate Jets fans. But its not the same as the old Meadowlands. THAT place was packed with Jets fans all season long.

Opposing team fans invade the new stadium in November and December. I feel bad for the PSL holders who basically are forced to show up since they are paying an astronomical amount, especially compared the low price of tickets the week of the game during a losing season.

I go to plenty of games. There are a lot of passionate Jets fans. But its not the same as the old Meadowlands. THAT place was packed with Jets fans all season long.
Opposing team fans invade the new stadium in November and December. I feel bad for the PSL holders who basically are forced to show up since they are paying an astronomical amount, especially compared the low price of tickets the week of the game during a losing season.

The stadium does suck. Liked the old stadium a lot better. Let’s get a home playoff game at this stadium and we’ll see how it would rock.. just got to get that done soon.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

1 minute ago, Adoni Beast said:

Stubhub changed everything, not just for the Jets but for every team in the NFL.  There are more Jets fans in Gillette stadium than there are Steeler or Bills fans.  There are simply more of us.  That's what happens when you live in a metropolis of 20 Million people.  Well, it works against us too.  November (Thanksgiving Day Parade, Broadway) and December (Rockerfeller Center, Rockettes Show) are prime months for Manhattan as a tourist destination and those tourists like to see NFL games.

Don't feel bad for PSL holders, that fee was only about $10 a game, our ticket prices haven't increased a penny since 2008, and almost all of us have seen price decreases in the last few years.  Translation?  The PSL's never happened.  They were more than offset by the lack of gameday ticket price increases.  And we aren't forced to show up.  That's also the beauty of Stubhub.  We can recoup some (all) of our money quite easily.

SAR I

On 2/2/2019 at 10:08 AM, T0mShane said:

(Those union costs get applied at the nice buildings, too) 

There’s no doubt that unions make it more expensive to build these things, but blaming unions because MetLife is terrible without blaming the billionaires who mismanaged the project years before the first shovel hit the dirt is dumb.

#$%^ unions!!!

2 minutes ago, Jets0712 said:

The stadium does suck. Liked the old stadium a lot better. Let’s get a home playoff game at this stadium and we’ll see how it would rock.. just got to get that done soon.

The old stadium was falling apart, water was literally dripping down on fans in the mezzanine.  Because of the racetrack concourses, fans were constantly running from one section to another inside the stadium and causing ridiculous congestion, took twice as long to get out of the place.  Because of cheap ticket prices, drunks were all over the stadium, even down in the good seats on the 50's and it made the place feel like a fart-stenched sports bar and not an NFL stadium.  Bathroom lines?  They were outrageous.  Concessions?  Food choices were awful and the lines were 2x as long.  Seats?  Only room for 76,000 fans not the 82,500 we can support now.  Security?  Beligerent drunks were causing fights at least once per quarter.  Children?  The violence and cursing was terrible, you didn't feel safe bringing your family there.

MetLife is a dream.  The Jets did a great job.  You victims need to cry about something else.

SAR I

45 minutes ago, SAR I said:

That was my starter home in 1996, friend.  It's 2019.  Things are quite different now.  23 years can do that to people.

How many games you attended in 1980 when tickets were $13 and there was no cable TV and getting sh-t faced at Jets games was a morally acceptable form of Sunday entertainment doesn't matter in 2019.  If you don't want to show up, that's fine.  Just shut up with your opinion of our perfectly acceptable football stadium.

SAR I

I attended ALL OF THEM when I had season tickets I MADE A COMMITMENT something you know nothing about, much easier for you to ridicule others and feel good about yourself doing it. 

I will not shut up as long as there are SELLOUT fans like you contributing to opposing teams fans being in that stadium. 

I do show up and I tell it like it is MetLife is a far cry from other new stadiums in the NFL. 

Its new and its clean thats it. 

2 hours ago, SAR I said:

The Jets lead the AFC in attendance every year since the PSL's were instituted and in this awful, losing season, moved up to #2 in the entire NFL.

What about those "loyal" Giants fans?  Packers fans?  Broncos fans?  Redskins fans?

Those turncoats dropped like a rock vs. prior years.

2018-attendance.jpg

....but let's not let FACTS get in the way of a good VICTIM'S rant.

SAR I

Have to admit this is interesting. Just seemed too be a lot of empty seats. Wondering is this actual attendance or ticket sales. If it’s ticket sales there is no impact to the organization they are getting theirs. Would like to see real attendance numbers to truly refute my premise regarding fan apathy if these numbers don’t reflect actual attendance. Some games I watched that had large attendance looked to have large visitor attendance and there is no true way of calculating those numbers.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Don't pray for me.  Spend more time trying to be me.  You're right, not every man can be as great and wealthy as some others.  They don't call us the 1% for nothing.

But it doesn't take tens of millions of dollars of net worth to get tickets to Jets games.  They can be had for as little as $25.  Money isn't an excuse for you quitting on the team like you did.  Give up your season tickets?  Perhaps I can understand that on the grounds of cost.  But not picking up $25 or $50 seats on Stubhub 2-3x a year?  NO EXCUSE.

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

Dude/dudette or dud whatever you prefer. 

I sat in luxury boxes this past season while you sat out in the elements...thats right you weren't there you had an excuse. 

I usually don't pay for tickets when I go enough of my friends work for big corporations that get free luxury boxes and touchdown club seats so who's the peasant corporate stiff now paying for MEZZ LEVEL seats,parking scanning rewards points for trinkets.  LMFAO 

46 minutes ago, Bocajetfan said:

Have to admit this is interesting. Just seemed too be a lot of empty seats. Wondering is this actual attendance or ticket sales. If it’s ticket sales there is no impact to the organization they are getting theirs. Would like to see real attendance numbers to truly refute my premise regarding fan apathy if these numbers don’t reflect actual attendance. Some games I watched that had large attendance looked to have large visitor attendance and there is no true way of calculating those numbers.

Jets fans (supposedly) like SAR I bought PSL's and season tickets for the status symbol and to be able to brag about them then re-sell them weekly to whoever will buy them usually opposing teams fans. So yes the tickets are bought and paid for but hardly used by many not most. 

MetLife needs the DIEHARD NY Jets fans back in those seats. 

26 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The old stadium was falling apart, water was literally dripping down on fans in the mezzanine.  Because of the racetrack concourses, fans were constantly running from one section to another inside the stadium and causing ridiculous congestion, took twice as long to get out of the place.  Because of cheap ticket prices, drunks were all over the stadium, even down in the good seats on the 50's and it made the place feel like a fart-stenched sports bar and not an NFL stadium.  Bathroom lines?  They were outrageous.  Concessions?  Food choices were awful and the lines were 2x as long.  Seats?  Only room for 76,000 fans not the 82,500 we can support now.  Security?  Beligerent drunks were causing fights at least once per quarter.  Children?  The violence and cursing was terrible, you didn't feel safe bringing your family there.

MetLife is a dream.  The Jets did a great job.  You victims need to cry about something else.

SAR I

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON MANY AND ALL LEVELS. 

Yet you PARTICIPATED in GATE D activities and there are pictures to prove it.   

HYPOCRITE 

1. A person who expects the rest of the world to live up to her standards but doesn't feel obliged to do the same.

2. A person who condems others actions then turns around and conducts herself in the same manner.

Enjoy the Super Bowl as you are probably rooting for NE. 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Wake up Joe. If you believe one thing I ever tell you on this site, believe this. No one with any real money speaks the way that person does. He's obviously a 40ish year old with huge insecurity issues. I'd guess he bought his PSL's for 20 cents on the dollar a couple of years ago, and his season tickets are the biggest purely entertainment purchase he's ever made just for himself.

If he's even moderately "successful" he's new to it, and those tickets are one of the first nice things he's ever owned. Sure, He probably has a lease on a vanity auto, and lives in a home which he can barely afford. He needs to have those, debt be damned, to feed his oversized ego. That ego is always hungry though, so he has to make sure everyone he comes in contact with knows how special he thinks he is. Even strangers on the internet.  

No truer words have ever been spoken...............

On 2/2/2019 at 10:48 AM, Jetmech said:

“You walk into (MetLife) Stadium and have no idea the Jets/Giants play there,” a fan named Jason Abrams wrote on Twitter. “No promotion of team history, iconic players in the franchise, etc."

Personally, that was the way to go rather than mix both teams history throughout the stadium with the Giants trumping the Jets.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

How about any type of NFL/football theme (beyond the playing field itself)? Or something having to do with NY/NYC. Or beyond that, just make it nice looking. 

You walk through it and the theme is unpainted cinderblocks. Oh yeah and they have a 50 outside that lines up with midfield. Oooh. 

It doesn't have to personify or match the colors either team specifically. I think others it on the head that they went so overboard not trying to make it more Giants than Jets, nor vice versa, that they made it devoid of any character at all and not just devoid of any one team representation.

Nothing unique in terms of identifying traits, and they opted for a gray stadium outside, with gray cinderblock hallways, and gray seats. And oh wow there's faint green or blue lighting on the slats that you can barely detect from ground level. I half think the Jets' upcoming uniforms should have gray as the dominant color (including prominence in the logo, with some green thrown in), purely so the stadium then looks more like it's their home than that of the Giants. 

It's hideous, was a major letdown in architectural design considering what other teams have done by then and since, and the caliber of local architects at their disposal.

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Show up or shut up.

SAR I

ObviousTroll.jpg

I attended ALL OF THEM when I had season tickets I MADE A COMMITMENT something you know nothing about, much easier for you to ridicule others and feel good about yourself doing it. 

I will not shut up as long as there are SELLOUT fans like you contributing to opposing teams fans being in that stadium. 

I do show up and I tell it like it is MetLife is a far cry from other new stadiums in the NFL. 

Its new and its clean thats it. 

The 1980s don't matter anymore. By my count you have attended exactly one Jets game in MetLife stadium and we have been there for 9 seasons.

You aren't a real Jets fan. You only watch them on television and pretend in a forum.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

The view on television can be deceiving because the cameras tend to focus on the seats in the lower bowl between the 40s and those corporate types in the luxury suites often stand down on the sidelines or back in the clubs getting a bite to eat. They aren't empty seats, the fans are in the stadium.

And a similar phenomenon exists in MetLife Stadium as existed in Giants Stadium. About halfway through the fourth quarter, no matter what the score or the weather, older drunken Jets fans leave. They don't stay to the end of the game, they have to wobble to the bathrooms to piss out beer and then drive very gingerly so they don't get caught and get a DUI.   We sit there and ask them where they are going or why they bothered to come in the first place and they say nothing and sheepishly head to the car.

It's another one of those awesome hypocrisy's; the so-called diehard fans get into the stadium late because of the tailgating and leave the stadium early because of the hangover. And they dare challenge PSL owners over their loyalty.

SAR I

Jets fans (supposedly) like SAR I bought PSL's and season tickets for the status symbol and to be able to brag about them then re-sell them weekly to whoever will buy them usually opposing teams fans. So yes the tickets are bought and paid for but hardly used by many not most. 

MetLife needs the DIEHARD NY Jets fans back in those seats. 

Jets fans with PSL's also have jobs, and careers, and families, and simply can't attend every game due to these other responsibilities. Those of you who are older and retired or those of you who are young and living on your own can attend games on StubHub and we're the ones allowing you to do so as it's our seats you're sittting in. Say thank you.  

If not, you can apologize because it's you that is missing. Your butts aren't in the seats, you're too cheap to buy them for $25 on StubHub, and you are allowing Dolphins fans to buy them instead. I hope you're proud of yourselves. 

SAR I

On 2/2/2019 at 7:05 AM, Jetster said:

Exactly, 400 million less to build the Cowboys place, lol. I remember doing a show at the Javits & had to allow the Union to set up. We had some guys son that just got out of rehab & SOME HOW got this coushy Union job. It was like having NO ONE, kid was lazy, didn't know sh*t, but we had to accept he had to perform certain duties for us? Opened my eyes to Unions & how they operate in a city like NY. It's like extortion. I know you Union guys will scream, but with the labor laws ALREADY on the books in this country, Unions are outdated & why states like South Carolina are getting the large companies like Mercedes, BMW, and Boeing to move there & create 1000s of new great paying jobs. 

People blaming unions for the sh*ttiness of MetLife is pathetic. There are people in this country that think the only thing that matters is cutting cost to the Goddamn bone no matter what the social cost. Would you like your kids to work for $8 an hour? Are we supposed to have a middle class at all? 

Metlife is terrible because the design is bland awfulness. and it doesn't appear that anyone involved had ever been to a  football game; crowded hallways and walkways, too few bathrooms, impossible entrance and exit.And it's ugly. 

FALSE ADVERTISEMENT ON MANY AND ALL LEVELS. 

Yet you PARTICIPATED in GATE D activities and there are pictures to prove it.   

HYPOCRITE 

joewilly12 

Yeah, when I was in my early 30s and didn't have children.

You live in a bubble.  I'm not sure who built your time machine but it's 25 years later. Giants Stadium doesn't exist anymore, you aren't a season ticket holder anymore, and the people who used to listen to Charlie Daniels and tailgate in Zubas's with you are 55 now and don't want themselves or their children exposed to smoking, drug use, alcohol, fighting, and cursing at a family event like an NFL game. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

It is tickets sold, not #s through the turnstiles. 

19 hours ago, SAR I said:

MetLife Stadium is awesome. You Mets fans playing the victim really need to stop. 

SAR I

I went for the first time this year for Max’s amazing JN outing. I like it and our seats Max got us were the closest I’ve ever sat at a Jets game. 

Archived