MetLife Stadium stinks and the latest Super Bowl venues will make it look even worse

joewilly12

28 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Prior to acquiring season tickets there was no internet I scalped tickets weekly driving to games not knowing if we were getting in or not and not knowing what we would have to pay, unlike others who sit home and sell tickets to opposing teams fans.  

SAR I is a FAIR WEATHER FAN SELLOUT a QUITTER and a RICH WHINER corporate stiff who has to brag about his fortunes as he has no other life but here on a football message board where he can flex his wealth, disparage blue-collar workers and others who he doesn't like, who he feels aren't in his income bracket. 

Surprisingly he's not a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS fan because thats where he belongs

Last year the Jets drafted Sam Darnold, we were sitting at 3-3, we had won 2 games in a row, and the Minnesota Vikings came to pay us a visit on a beautiful sunny day.  Stubhub tickets were as low as $20.  Decent seats around $50.

WHERE WERE YOU?

SAR I

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Last year the Jets drafted Sam Darnold, we were sitting at 3-3, we had won 2 games in a row, and the Minnesota Vikings came to pay us a visit on a beautiful sunny day.  Stubhub tickets were as low as $20.  Decent seats around $50.

WHERE WERE YOU?

SAR I

I was there ask @Maxman and @The Crusher 

Better question is where were you?  I know it was windy and cold so you were probably home. 

29 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Don't need a PSL the NY JETS are trying to sell me tickets very close to you without a PSL fees, parking fees or pre-season games. 

This message board is a great thing it allows me and other fans like me to speak out. 

You cant handle the TRUTH 

I don't care what kind of deal a Jets fan gets in 2019.  I am very pleased with my deal in 2008 when Woody Johnson punted the old farts out of the good locations and I finally got the 4 seats I always wanted.

Speak out all you want, but speak out on things you are actually informed about-  like quitting on the Jets, best types of pretzels, and blurry old plasma TV's.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was on a waiting list at GIANTS stadium. 

I was gifted nothing. 

I never QUIT on my team or have I ever SOLD OUT on them. 

Something you can never ever say or buy your way out of. 

Why do you waste your time with this guy. He's a faux "rich guy".  You know Mansions, and a "Rented"  BMW.  Guys like this like to brag about their perceived wealth and toys, because in reality, they have small hands, feet, and well, you know....

25 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Was I talking to you?  I don't believe so.  Congratulations on your sponsorship, and I'm pretty sure you don't speak for the 17,000 either. The "city" you speak of is actually a state, You are pompous and arrogant, so I really feel no need to discuss this with you any further. It's strange that such a dedicated, informed  "insider", spends the bulk of his time commenting on a stadium, what color uniform the Jets will be wearing, or insulting other posters.  Don't reply to this post, go fight with someone else.  That seems to be your only talent.  I will continue to have civil discourse with the other 99% of posters on JetNation.  As for you, well...…..

I'm sorry that being faced with a few 2008 PSL owners who went through the process and know all the facts hurts your sensitive feelings.

As you're new here, here's some sage advice:  PSL threads are no safe space.  The truth hurts those who build their basement-dwelling pretzel face-stuffing fandom around myths and falsehoods.

SAR I

26 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

And, I will gladly play 4X face for that game, with all the money I didn't spend on tickets!

Just kidding, I'll get free coaches club tickets through a corporate connection, and eat a bunch of mediocre, but free food.

It's all good.  Spend your fun money any way you like. 

This place is going to erupt when we make it to the Super Bowl and I spend $60,000 on tickets for my family. 

SAR I

7 minutes ago, SAR I said:

I'm sorry that being faced with a few 2008 PSL owners who went through the process and know all the facts hurts your sensitive feelings.

As you're new here, here's some sage advice:  PSL threads are no safe space.  The truth hurts those who build their basement-dwelling pretzel face-stuffing fandom around myths and falsehoods.

SAR I

I'm not sensitive, or am I "new".  In fact I was a long time Jet fan when you were getting your ass kicked in the fifth grade, no doubt. It's not about building your "fandom" on braggadocio and bluster either.  As for the pretzel, it's not your face where I'd suggest you stuff it.  As I told you previously, don't respond, I have no interest in continuing this tedious exercise with the likes of you.

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

I was on a waiting list at GIANTS stadium. 

I was gifted nothing. 

I never QUIT on my team or have I ever SOLD OUT on them. 

Something you can never ever say or buy your way out of. 

Buy my seats, friend.  I love the Jets but I have a career and a family and, like every other PSL holder in my section, simply can't attend every game.

For the 20 years remaining on my licenses, I'll agree to give you my tickets to the 2-3 games I can't attend each year at face value, no PSL.  This way you can prevent enemy fans from sitting in them, prove your loyalty, put your money where your mouth is.

That'll be $30,000.  $125 x 4 seats x 3 games x 20 years.

You have PayPal or Venmo?  Wait, what's that?  Oh, you don't want to attend 3 games a year?  Why?  You make it sound sooo easy to attend all 10. 

Thought so. 

So if you're not going to pay that $30,000 then don't tell me how I try to recoup it.  Savvy?

SAR I

20 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's all good.  Spend your fun money any way you like. 

This place is going to erupt when we make it to the Super Bowl and I spend $60,000 on tickets for my family. 

SAR I

It won't be that much, will it?

In my mind, my budget for that is 2,500 per ticket, but I won't be sitting up close for that one.

24 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

I'm not sensitive, or am I "new".  In fact I was a long time Jet fan when you were getting your ass kicked in the fifth grade, no doubt. It's not about building your "fandom" on braggadocio and bluster either.  As for the pretzel it's not your face where I'd suggest you stuff it.  As I told you previously, don't respond, I have no interest in continuing these tedious exercise with the likes of you.

Look, you're new here, just trust me when I tell you that these PSL things get heated.  It all boils down to money and the price of loyalty and that upsets some people.

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Look, you're new here, just trust me when I tell you that these PSL things get heated.  It all boils down to money and the price of loyalty and that upsets some people.

SAR I

Did you ever notice than when you discuss things you usually can't finish one sentence without the mention of "Money"?  Doesn't that tell you something about yourself?  I sure tells me something about you.  Sad.

23 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

It won't be that much, will it?

In my mind, my budget for that is 2,500 per ticket, but I won't be sitting up close for that one.

Yeah, $2500 was the low Stubhub price for the last two Super Bowls so that makes sense.

SAR I

18 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

Did you ever notice than when you discuss things you usually can't finish one sentence without the mention of "Money"?  Doesn't that tell you something about yourself?  I sure tells me something about you.  Sad.

When people stop talking about how they can't afford PSL's I'll stop talking about how I can.

SAR I

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

If the Jets are in a super bowl, undoubtedly I’m too anxious to eat, probably all weekend.

Honestly, I might not go only because there’s no way I could actually enjoy the game.

Honestly I haven’t thought about that in a decade. Just don’t see it happening. 

Honestly be happy with a competitive team at this point and a couple months of, “ We might get a wildcard” is as far as my delusion can carry me . 

8 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Honestly I haven’t thought about that in a decade. Just don’t see it happening. 

Honestly be happy with a competitive team at this point and a couple months of, “ We might get a wildcard” is as far as my delusion can carry me . 

It's time to believe, The Crusher.

For 18 years, all I have wanted is for the Jets to be the one team in the AFC East that is ready to take charge once Brady and Belichick retire. Since they are hanging on for far longer than I ever would've imagined, the Jets now become the one team in the AFC East that is ready to end them.  And we shall.  2020.

SAR I

38 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It's time to believe, The Crusher.

For 18 years, all I have wanted is for the Jets to be the one team in the AFC East that is ready to take charge once Brady and Belichick retire. Since they are hanging on for far longer than I ever would've imagined, the Jets now become the one team in the AFC East that is ready to end them.  And we shall.  2020.

SAR I

“ we might get a wildcard”

18 hours ago, TeddEY said:

Screwed?  How?  By being asked to pay for a product?  The Jets aren't your friend, they're a business.  You're the customer.  I'm sorry if this is somehow news to you.

Blackmail?  That's terribly dramatic.  No one is forcing you, and you did have a choice.  Give up your seats, and buy on a game by game basis.

The entitlement in this post is exactly what SAR is speaking about.

This. I can think the stadium is ugly and that half or most of the seats are further away from the action than Giants Stadium, and still it's nowhere near equating that to screwing over the fans. 

Those that want to go will go. They went when the team played in that toilet of a baseball stadium at Shea, and they went when the name of the more-dominant fanbase was pasted all over the place. If they want to go they'll go because they feel the enjoyment they get on game day is worth their time and money.

On a per-game basis, the NFL is by far the top professional spectator sport in the country. People can't whine about how much less it cost before the league was able to generate all these billions in TV deals. Yeah I used to be able to buy face value tickets under $20, then many of years later it barely went up $10/game, and since then that $10/game increase has gone up 5-fold. But to expect anything otherwise is to expect revenue-sharing league owners to collectively agree to keep prices artificially down, devaluing their investments and annual returns on those investments, by effectively buying tickets for the fans. 

There's about as much chance of that happening as non-multiplex movie theaters subsidizing all seats so they only cost $6-8 instead of $12 (oh, and btw do so when they only show these movies for ~1/3 of the year).

14 hours ago, SAR I said:

I attended 6 games plus a preseason game last year.  For a busy executive with a working wife and four kids under the age of 20 that's quite an effort.  I'm sure you might remember what it's like to have, you know, responsibilities.

I don't sell my tickets to other teams fans.  I list them on Stubhub below face value to help Jets fans in need attend a few games a year.  If other teams fans wind up buying them that's not on me.  That's on Jets fans who live in the NY metro area.  Last year, we couldn't attend the Houston game, so I wound up listing my Row 1 $125 seats for $25 each, an utter bargain.  If there is a Jets fan out there who didn't attend that game, it's because of laziness, not expense.  The people to be blamed are the Jets fans who aren't season ticket holders as they are the ones who should be scooping up the 8,000 or so tickets that are put up on Stubhub each week.

SAR I

So, each week 10% of the seats are on Stubhub? Who is listing them?  C'mon, you can do better than this.

13 minutes ago, section314 said:

So, each week 10% of the seats are on Stubhub? Who is listing them?  C'mon, you can do better than this.

You think every season ticket holder can make every game? I've been a season ticket holder since 1978, some years I am fortunate enough to make every game and some years I've had to sell a few. 

3 hours ago, section314 said:

I scan Stubhub each week and there are usually 5,000 to 8,000 seats available on a given Tuesday before a home game.  They are being listed by the Jets themselves as well as Jets season ticket holders.  One would think that with only a handful of fans coming in from Denver and over 20 million people in the NY Metro area that these would get scooped up very quickly by diehard Jets fans in New York, New Jersey, and Connecticut.

A certain percentage of home seats across the NFL are reserved for the away team, often winding up in air/hotel/ticket packages by team-sponsored brokers.

SAR I

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

You think every season ticket holder can make every game? I've been a season ticket holder since 1978, some years I am fortunate enough to make every game and some years I've had to sell a few. 

Exactly.

You have to love the standards set by fans who can't be bothered to go to games themselves.  Let's summarize:

1.  The stadium has to have a dome and look prettier!  They won't pay for tickets as it is, so the Jets should have added another $500 million to make the place Buckingham Palace and what, make the tickets even more expensive?

2.  Season ticket holders are expected to go to all the games!  Yet they don't go to any?  Maybe once a year if they get free tickets?  When I was in my 20's and when I'm retired in my 60's I too will have nothing to do except go to Jets games.  From ages 30-60, sorry, I'm a bit busy with a career and children, thanks.

3.  There are too many enemy fans in the stadium!  And the reason for that isn't the 50,000 fans who had season tickets in Giants Stadium and gave them up?  Or the percentage of 20 million people in the NY Metro area who call themselves "big Jets fans' and won't buy a $25 ticket to see the team host the Vikings in perfect October weather after a two-game winning streak?

4.  The fans are too quiet!  And the reason for that isn't the 50,000 fans who had season tickets in Giants Stadium and gave them up?  If the place is too quiet, show up and make noise.

5.  Fireman Ed has given up!  If the 50,000 drunks from Giants Stadium who gave up their season tickets and quit on the team showed up then Ed would have an audience that actually remembers and appreciates him.

6.  The stadium should have been built in Manhattan!  Why, so you could complain about outrageous ticket prices, no parking, and no tailgating?

You can't make this stuff up.  The lengths that the quitters will go to to justify the reason they gave up on the team because the truth is too hard for them to admit-  the playoff runs stopped and the $7 price increase would have cut into their beer money.

SAR I

Love the stadium or hate it it’s not changing.  

Lets talk about ways we can ask the Jets to improve entering the stadium.  Make some of the lanes for Rewards cards members or in the preseason allow fans to sign up for CLEAR like Yankee stadium and they just take your fingerprint each game.  

Nothing frustrates me more than waiting in a long line and being stuck because opposing fans cannot load their mobile tickets. 

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

And then there is d) it makes you a much bigger fan than anyone who isn't a season ticket holder.  

SAR I

You talk about these thing like you are a 12 year old......then again weren’t you the guy who sexually harassed all the women at gate D halftime? 

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

Love the stadium or hate it it’s not changing.  

Lets talk about ways we can ask the Jets to improve entering the stadium.  Make some of the lanes for Rewards cards members or in the preseason allow fans to sign up for CLEAR like Yankee stadium and they just take your fingerprint each game.  

Nothing frustrates me more than waiting in a long line and being stuck because opposing fans cannot load their mobile tickets. 

I agree and I think that's an excellent idea.  There is no reason for people to queue the way they do and there should be an express lane for Rewards Card holders at a minimum as it differentiates season ticket holders who are proficient with the security/scan system from those who appear confused and cause big delays.

Similarly, people with bags, people with no bags, people with children, people without children.....there are better ways to separate the crowd to make entry more efficient.

As far as after the game, something needs to be done about the security people standing at the scanners who are actually in everyone's way, the dumpsters and low gates they leave everywhere, and those nasty UBER drivers with their smartphones soliciting rides over by the pedestrian tunnel.

SAR I

8 hours ago, SAR I said:

Exactly.

You have to love the standards set by fans who can't be bothered to go to games themselves.  Let's summarize:

1.  The stadium has to have a dome and look prettier!  They won't pay for tickets as it is, so the Jets should have added another $500 million to make the place Buckingham Palace and what, make the tickets even more expensive?

2.  Season ticket holders are expected to go to all the games!  Yet they don't go to any?  Maybe once a year if they get free tickets?  When I was in my 20's and when I'm retired in my 60's I too will have nothing to do except go to Jets games.  From ages 30-60, sorry, I'm a bit busy with a career and children, thanks.

3.  There are too many enemy fans in the stadium!  And the reason for that isn't the 50,000 fans who had season tickets in Giants Stadium and gave them up?  Or the percentage of 20 million people in the NY Metro area who call themselves "big Jets fans' and won't buy a $25 ticket to see the team host the Vikings in perfect October weather after a two-game winning streak?

4.  The fans are too quiet!  And the reason for that isn't the 50,000 fans who had season tickets in Giants Stadium and gave them up?  If the place is too quiet, show up and make noise.

5.  Fireman Ed has given up!  If the 50,000 drunks from Giants Stadium who gave up their season tickets and quit on the team showed up then Ed would have an audience that actually remembers and appreciates him.

6.  The stadium should have been built in Manhattan!  Why, so you could complain about outrageous ticket prices, no parking, and no tailgating?

You can't make this stuff up.  The lengths that the quitters will go to to justify the reason they gave up on the team because the truth is too hard for them to admit-  the playoff runs stopped and the $7 price increase would have cut into their beer money.

SAR I

Post of the year. Early candidate

23 hours ago, section314 said:

I list mine when I can't go to the game or when I have to down size the number of tickets for that game.  Several games a year.  I also use ticketmaster.  They are linked now so that when your tickets sell on one, the listing on the other gets automatically canceled.  There has NEVER been a time when it so easy to sell a ticket and recoup some of the money. 

It used to be much more difficult to sell tickets.  You either ate the tickets and forfeited everything, or you gave it to someone at work who doesn't deserve it because he's too cheap to buy it or you let one of your kids bring a friend or you donate it to United Way (which I used to do rather than try to unload the ticket), or the worst of all, you try to sell it at the stadium parking lot (a very disturbing thought).  It used to suck.  Season Ticket holders used to be prisoners, but now we are no longer handucffed. 

And as an aside, to the non-season ticket holders CONSTANTLY piss and moan about the stadium crowd, STFU already.   You don't like the opposing colors in the stands?  Well buy a fcking ticket and attend the game yourself or just keep your big mouths shut.  It's unbelievable. And for anyone who loves to say they were "once" a season ticket holder... that  makes you even more of an ass!

15 hours ago, Dcat said:

I list mine when I can't go to the game or when I have to down size the number of tickets for that game.  Several games a year.  I also use ticketmaster.  They are linked now so that when your tickets sell on one, the listing on the other gets automatically canceled.  There has NEVER been a time when it so easy to sell a ticket and recoup some of the money. 

It used to be much more difficult to sell tickets.  You either ate the tickets and forfeited everything, or you gave it to someone at work who doesn't deserve it because he's too cheap to buy it or you let one of your kids bring a friend or you donate it to United Way (which I used to do rather than try to unload the ticket), or the worst of all, you try to sell it at the stadium parking lot (a very disturbing thought).  It used to suck.  Season Ticket holders used to be prisoners, but now we are no longer handucffed. 

And as an aside, to the non-season ticket holders CONSTANTLY piss and moan about the stadium crowd, STFU already.   You don't like the opposing colors in the stands?  Well buy a fcking ticket and attend the game yourself or just keep your big mouths shut.  It's unbelievable. And for anyone who loves to say they were "once" a season ticket holder... that  makes you even more of an ass!

This, completely.

It's not for others to tell season ticket holders how we spent our money a decade ago (PSL's) or how we sell occasional tickets to games we can't attend (Stubhub).  If they don't like the way the stadium looks on TV, they can stop watching the games on TV and get to the stadium themselves.

SAR I

On 2/6/2019 at 12:01 PM, SAR I said:

I accept your apology.

4 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I accept your apology.

Only if you agree to the following conditions:

1.  PSL's were a massive success in 2009 and didn't cost anyone real money to this very day.

2.  Other people's fun money is no one's business.

3.  When the Jets are good again you'll help me take names so we can figure out who the bandwagon jumpers are.

SAR I

15 hours ago, SAR I said:

Only if you agree to the following conditions:

1.  PSL's were a massive success in 2009 and didn't cost anyone real money to this very day.

2.  Other people's fun money is no one's business.

3.  When the Jets are good again you'll help me take names so we can figure out who the bandwagon jumpers are.

SAR I

I don't really care about any of it to be honest. At this point it's a pretty stupid discussion.

Archived