Darnold > Goff

Rhg1084

15 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

They'd have won bigly with a game manager type.  What they had was a guy who just threw a bunch of off target jump balls down field.

What was really telling was the play Romo called Goff out for missing a wide open WR in the middle of the field for what would have either been a TD or a big big gain late in the 4th Quarter.

Instead Goff just threw the pass up for grabs into double coverage as you stated.

1 hour ago, Charlie Brown said:

What was really telling was the play Romo called Goff out for missing a wide open WR in the middle of the field for what would have either been a TD or a big big gain late in the 4th Quarter.

Instead Goff just threw the pass up for grabs into double coverage as you stated.

Goff only needed to make 2 plays when it mattered & he turtled. He was late to Cooks over the middle in the Endzone, easy pitch & catch throw but he hesitated & let the safety get there, then there was the throw to the left corner when he had a WR WIDE OPEN at the intermediate area. Dude was shaken up & seeing ghosts. Plus he NEVER stepped up, ever! He kept abandoning the pocket & Romo says, "he's gonna have to step up & throw & take a hit" he did it all of ONCE the entire game! Darnold might not have won that game if you swapped them out but I can guarantee you he wouldn't of gone out with the whimper that Goff did.

3 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

True but look at the talent on that Rams team vs. the Jets talent... And Goff is a 3rd year guy.

No question Rams have superior playmakers. But their OL was getting confused just like ours did in Foxboro so neither QB could get comfortable.  I'm just saying its too soon to make definitive comparisons between the 2 QB's. 

I thought this a couple times in the regular season and definitely last night. On the field Jared Goff reminds me of a player very near to our hearts-Geno Smith. I’m dead serious. Without McCay in his ear he has zero awareness and no clue what the D is doing. Strong arm but lacks accuracy and just seems dumb as rocks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There was a great point that Thomas Boswell made in his article about the Pats defensive game plan. In order to beat Belichick you need a QB who can scan the entire field - and Goff is not yet that QB. It’s why B.B. has so much success against younger QBs

Darbold happens to be one of the rare young QBs who can scan the whole field which is why he is such an elite talent. 

Lets hope he continues to develop and gets actual coaching because his ceiling is higher then Goffs as a player 

13 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

No question Rams have superior playmakers. But their OL was getting confused just like ours did in Foxboro so neither QB could get comfortable.  I'm just saying its too soon to make definitive comparisons between the 2 QB's. 

Rams have one of the best offensive lines in the league, ours is one of the worst. No comparison, IMO.

Sam Darnold is 100x better than Jared Goff get a OL like the Rams a  RB in here as good as Gurley and some decent WR's and we are a better team than the Rams offensively.

Whitworth shouldve been signed in 2017...

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Archived