Darnold > Goff

Rhg1084

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

After tonight’s embarrassing perfomarnce by Mr Jared Goff is it fair to say you’d rather have mr California cool Sam Darnold himself over Goff? Honestly if I was doing a draft the only QBs I’d take over Darnold is Mahomes and Luck.

1*tBWfQguw3TMKWIZMdyLSVQ.png&key=44438ba

I came away with the same feeling:  Glad that my QB is Darnold instead of Goff.

Goff is a statue.  He can't escape pressure like Sam can, and he's less accurate a passer than Sam. When Sam gets some more experience, coaching, and weapons he will learn to use his mobility as a weapon and be an elite QB.

At the end of the day this game came down to Goff being unable to extend plays, and his smallish WRs being unable to get open.  The fact that the Rams had no true #1 WR was exposed tonight, too.

44 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

After tonight’s embarrassing perfomarnce by Mr Jared Goff is it fair to say you’d rather have mr California cool Sam Darnold himself over Goff? Honestly if I was doing a draft the only QBs I’d take over Darnold is Mahomes and Luck.

Goff will never be great IMO. Darnold has a chance.

8 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Nothing really excites me about Goff. Seems like a game manager type.. very little fire ..

I agree.  Goff is the chess piece that McVay moves around the board.  Belichick befuddled him tonight and once the in-helmet radio communication turned off it seemed like Goff couldn't decipher what the Pats were showing him....even after two weeks of preparation, some half-time adjustments and the Patriots loss of Chung in the Secondary.

The Rams put up a billion points on the Chiefs earlier this year.  The Chiefs put up 31 in JUST THE 2ND HALF vs. New England two weeks ago.  Scoring 3 points in a Super Bowl is inexcusable.

Defense still wins championships.  Young offensive geniuses my ass!

Wade Phillips did a great job slowing down/stopping the Pats.....McVay's offense looked like it never got off the bus at the stadium.  What a letdown!

At least the Saints would have had some fire and attitude on offense I think.

Can't remember the last time a QB performed as badly as Goff did in a Super Bowl. But this wasn't a hard one to predict. A third-year QB and a rookie HC, two padawans facing off against Sith Lord Belichick and Darth Brady? Plus Goff played like crap the second half of the season anyway.

58 minutes ago, jgb said:

Goff laid a turd to be sure but come on young qb in Super Bowl against Belichick many would poop their britches. Premature to throw dirt on his grave 

Agree, but Goff is a bad combination of not being particularly mobile and not having a particularly quick release. 

Was kind of surprised a few times watching Goff scramble and take hard hits near the sideline instead of tossing it away.  A 3rd-year guy should know better, IMO. I'm also not claiming to be some QB Breakdown Guru, but there were a few plays where I knew immediately where he was going with his passes. 

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

Was kind of surprised a few times watching Goff scramble and take hard hits near the sideline instead of tossing it away.  A 3rd-year guy should know better, IMO. I'm also not claiming to be some QB Breakdown Guru, but there were a few plays where I knew immediately where he was going with his passes. 

Not to mention Goff missed Cooks in the end zone twice when he was wide open.

Goff is not a good quarterback and got exposed during the Super Bowl.

Goff is too reliant on McVay talking in his ear and telling him what to do. There was a segment earlier in the year extolling how wonderful this was and what a super OC/HC this makes McVay. Maybe it is but it’s at the expense of Goff learning how to think for himself and the shortcomings of this strategy was exposed in this game. I see everybody diving off the HC=OC bandwagon in record time. I hope the Gase/Darnold combination works out better 

Goff has s too reliant on McVay talking in his ear and telling him what to do. There was a segment earlier in the year extolling how wonderful this was and what a super OC/HC this makes McVay. Maybe it is but it’s at the expense of Goff learning how to think for himself and the shortcomings of this strategy was exposed in this game. I see everybody diving off the HC=OC bandwagon in record time. I hope the Gase/Darnold combination works out better 
Personally I'm not a fan of the HC making the calls on either side of the ball although it could be helpful for a young QB.

In regards to the Jets, maybe Gase could set up a foundation for Darnold moving forward but eventually may not work in the long run.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I agree.  Goff is the chess piece that McVay moves around the board.  Belichick befuddled him tonight and once the in-helmet radio communication turned off it seemed like Goff couldn't decipher what the Pats were showing him....even after two weeks of preparation, some half-time adjustments and the Patriots loss of Chung in the Secondary.

The Rams put up a billion points on the Chiefs earlier this year.  The Chiefs put up 31 in JUST THE 2ND HALF vs. New England two weeks ago.  Scoring 3 points in a Super Bowl is inexcusable.

Defense still wins championships.  Young offensive geniuses my ass!

Wade Phillips did a great job slowing down/stopping the Pats.....McVay's offense looked like it never got off the bus at the stadium.  What a letdown!

At least the Saints would have had some fire and attitude on offense I think.

saints probably win that game.

people are blaming the coach and QB but looking at that Rams offense last night they needed a Keyshawn Johnson or TO type to move the chains and win physical matchups. the WR like Cooks and Woods require tiny windows. There was no one to win a jump ball. Part of this is how they built the team in the offseason.  

Also Gurley wasn't on the injury report but he also wasn't himself either. 

the same logic why Sam Darnold loses games with Eli McGuire and Deontay Burnett can be applied to Goff. 

9 hours ago, jgb said:

Goff laid a turd to be sure but come on young qb in Super Bowl against Belichick many would poop their britches. Premature to throw dirt on his grave 

Goff isn't very good. Sure, if he is in a great offense, with a top 6 Oline, a great RB, all his WR weapons healthy and a great OC he can put up good numbers. But if you stuck Goff on a generic middle of the road team he would be awful. 

Watch his games. If his first read is covered, he panics, like Trubisky, and doesn't know what to do. That is what makes Nagy/McVay so good, they can turn a mediocre QB talent and generate exciting offenses. But when these guys face real defenses or lose a couple of weapons they implode. 

Darnold>>>>>>>>> Goff

people are blaming the coach and QB but looking at that Rams offense last night they needed a Keyshawn Johnson or TO type to move the chains and win physical matchups. the WR like Cooks and Woods require tiny windows. There was no one to win a jump ball. Part of this is how they built the team in the offseason.  
the same logic why Sam Darnold loses games with Eli McGuire and Deontay Burnett can be applied to Goff. 
You're right but at the end of the day the Rams allowed the pats some runs that sealed it. The pats always seem to have these run plays set up at the freaking perfect times.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

Can't remember the last time a QB performed as badly as Goff did in a Super Bowl. But this wasn't a hard one to predict. A third-year QB and a rookie HC, two padawans facing off against Sith Lord Belichick and Darth Brady? Plus Goff played like crap the second half of the season anyway.

one of those times i sed to myself, " Self? Why are you such a chicken? WHy didnt you lay a few thou on the Pats?"

Goff missed brooks in the EZ. then he underthrew him by like 6 yds on the INT...  he throws that in the EZ and the Wr can run under it...

weak weak weak weak weak game by Goff.   at least 2 sacks he coiulda avoided, one he had Cj alone in teh flat hed still be running...   

Goff is roadkill today...  never made it out of tyhe headlights.

10090898213_e88d854368_b.jpg

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

They missed Cooper Kupp but Goff looked soft

30 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

Goff missed brooks in the EZ. then he underthrew him by like 6 yds on the INT...  he throws that in the EZ and the Wr can run under it...

weak weak weak weak weak game by Goff.   at least 2 sacks he coiulda avoided, one he had Cj alone in teh flat hed still be running...   

Goff is roadkill today...  never made it out of tyhe headlights.

10090898213_e88d854368_b.jpg

The nfl wanted Goff to become the new face of the league.  He’s not ready

But Sam will be

10 hours ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

Nothing really excites me about Goff. Seems like a game manager type.. very little fire ..

They'd have won bigly with a game manager type.  What they had was a guy who just threw a bunch of off target jump balls down field.

Archived