Fake News ESPN

Here's the link to the article

Nothing angers me more than fake news/misleading headlines. It's mostly in politics but also all over sports as well.

In reading ESPN's grades for FA Acquuisitions, the writer Bill Barnwell Writes about the Barr situation while evaluating the Bell signing.

he writes:

There will naturally be speculation that the Jets did this for promotional purposes. They might have upped their offer after the embarrassment of losing Anthony Barr back to the Vikings because he "felt sick" about joining the Jets. They might have wanted to win the war in the New York papers against the Giants, although they couldn't have known that the Giants would cede competitiveness to them by trading away Odell Beckham Jr. hours before Bell announced his pact

I clicked on the link to "felt sick". it mentions nothing of Barr feeling some distaste to the thought of signing with the Jets. Everything else there is speculation as well.

I was originally against the idea of signing Bell, because I thought he'd be getting a lot more money, but the Jets got a decent value, and even the writer says the Jets got Bell well below what everyone thought, and still gave them a C-. 

Well, I could care less of his grading. it's his speculation, and quoting things that were never said.

A lot of so-called reporters are like this at ESPN. Im surprised Manish Mehta isn't working there yet.

2 minutes ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

Nothing angers me more than fake news/misleading headlines. It's mostly in politics but also all over sports as well.

In reading ESPN's grades for FA Acquuisitions, the writer Bill Barnwell Writes about the Barr situation while evaluating the Bell signing.

he writes:

I clicked on the link to "felt sick". it mentions nothing of Barr feeling some distaste to the thought of signing with the Jets. Everything else there is speculation as well.

I was originally against the idea of signing Bell, because I thought he'd be getting a lot more money, but the Jets got a decent value, and even the writer says the Jets got Bell well below what everyone thought, and still gave them a C-. 

Well, I could care less of his grading. it's his speculation, and quoting things that were never said.

A lot of so-called reporters are like this at ESPN. Im surprised Manish Mehta isn't working there yet.

Also he graded so low because he didn't agree with Bell's decision to sit out a year... nothing to do with the signing or how it helps the Jets but that Bell made a bad business decisions 

But in the end... don't read that crap... its not worth your time.... Its obvious clickbate.... move on.

6 minutes ago, Skeptable said:

Also he graded so low because he didn't agree with Bell's decision to sit out a year... nothing to do with the signing or how it helps the Jets but that Bell made a bad business decisions 

But in the end... don't read that crap... its not worth your time.... Its obvious clickbate.... move on.

if you have something in "quotes" with a link attached to it, you think there'd be something that would reference it in the article. I mean it is in fact supposed to be a reference when done that way... right? 

If I were a college student, my professor would give me an "F" purely for bad citation. 

1 hour ago, themeangreenkillingmachine said:

he writes:

ESPN had it in for Rex Ryan and the Jets.  Very negative and dishonest coverage.  They made a circus event when they showed up to cover Tebow's arrival at TC. 

ESPN is a network I intensely dislike.

Having "cold feet" is a serious medical illness.

Just ask Rex Ryan.

he writes:

ESPN is a joke. Only time I watch them all year is during the NFL draft.  That's mostly because I like to hear what Mel says and how he puts down Todd McDouche.

Archived