JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

8 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

He’s already at 67 points 

@Beerfish and @JiF are off to better starts.  Both found guys in the 4th round that went last night: Tytus Howard and LJ Collier.  80+ points for each pick.

As a group, we had a lot of guys go the the same teams:

Murray, Bosa, Haskins, Hockenson, White, & Harry all picked to the same team that took them last night.

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

@Beerfish and @JiF are off to better starts.  Both found guys in the 4th round that went last night: Tytus Howard and LJ Collier.  80+ points for each pick.

Murray, Bosa, Haskins, Hockenson, White, & Harry all picked to the same team that took them last night.

I know Howard was worth a lot of points but I was too lazy to look for him lol

1 hour ago, Lith said:

NICE!!!  That was the pick I didnt make! 

hahahahaahahaha

• Upvote 2

On 4/8/2019 at 1:44 PM, T0mShane said:

Giants draft—

1.6 Jawaan Taylor, RT, Florida

1.17 Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

2.5 Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State

3.14 Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri 

4.30 Isaiah Johnson, CB, Houston 

5.4 Bryce Love, RB, Stanford

5.5 Austin Bryant, DE, Clemson

5.33 Mike Edwards, S, Kentucky

6.7 Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

7.3 Ronheem Bingham, OLB, Arkansas State

My favorite pick was Tranquill, who tested great, is tough as balls, and is still learning how to play LB after converting from safety. 

Not looking too good right now with neither of your #6 or #17 picks going at all in the 1st round. Drat is always a crap shoot.

Standings after Day 2.  @Paradis in the lead with his draft for the Browns.  Trey Pipkins in the 7th giving Paradis the lead heading into today.

And what does it say about the Jets that @IndianaJet is in last place.  His first two picks:  Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite.  Polite in the first hurt, but it is Hakeem Butler that is killing IndyJet.

Team Name GM SUM of Points
Browns Paradis 231
49ers BroadwayRay 184
Chargers BroadwayBen 154
Ravens #27TheDominator 133
Saints Sarge4Tide 118
Dolphins Beerfish 83
Colts Integrity28 75
Chiefs RVAJet815 75
Steelers Lray 73
Jaguars JiF 72
Buccaneers KingP 70
Rams JetFanatic 36
Redskins 32EBoozer 32
Panthers Dcat 27
Falcons Matt39 27
Cardinals NYJetsVets91 22
Titans Section 314 20
Giants T0mShane 8
Bengals Mavericknyc1980 -9
Bills New York Mick -11
Bears JetFanatic -16
Vikings Greenbean -17
Cowboys HawkeyeJet -18
Packers Lith -29
Eagles Maury77 -31
Jets Patriot Killa -45
Texans Curse of Namath -48
Seahawks Sarge4Tide -62
Broncos kdels62 -67
Lions choon328 -75
Patriots Thai Jet -92
Raiders IndianaJet -117
Grand Total   803

Have not added bonus points yet for player to right team or right draft slot.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, Lith said:

Standings after Day 2.  @Paradis in the lead with his draft for the Browns.  Trey Pipkins in the 7th giving Paradis the lead heading into today.

And what does it say about the Jets that @IndianaJet is in last place.  His first two picks:  Quinnen Williams and Jachai Polite.  Polite in the first hurt, but it is Hakeem Butler that is killing IndyJet.

Team Name GM SUM of Points
Browns Paradis 231
49ers BroadwayRay 184
Chargers BroadwayBen 154
Ravens #27TheDominator 133

We'll see if my lead holds... i made 3 picks in the fifth round, all of whom could slide to 7th/UDFA territory... Last year a safety i took in the 4th, was an UDFA. Took me out of the running. 

28 minutes ago, Paradis said:

We'll see if my lead holds... i made 3 picks in the fifth round, all of whom could slide to 7th/UDFA territory... Last year a safety i took in the 4th, was an UDFA. Took me out of the running. 

David Edwards is killing me right now.  What pisses me off is I knew it was a reach at the time, but the run on OT made me reach for a day 3 guy at the top of 2.

57 minutes ago, Lith said:

David Edwards is killing me right now.  What pisses me off is I knew it was a reach at the time, but the run on OT made me reach for a day 3 guy at the top of 2.

is that the Wisconsin guy? I'm pretty sure the way things are shaping up, my pick of Roemer is going to be the kiss of death. Mack too.

In retrospective, having a ton of day 3 picks is a huge gamble in our JN draft. Those guys can go anywhere, including not even getting a call. 

27 minutes ago, Paradis said:

is that the Wisconsin guy? I'm pretty sure the way things are shaping up, my pick of Roemer is going to be the kiss of death. Mack too.

In retrospective, having a ton of day 3 picks is a huge gamble in our JN draft. Those guys can go anywhere, including not even getting a call. 

Yup.  Converted TE out of Wisconsin.  Kiss of death is overdrafting a guy on day 2 where I could lose 150+ points.  Will be tough to recover from that.

• 4 months later...

Okay, who followed their picks?  I kept track to see how my group did.  My version of the Idzik 12 - I traded for four picks between 26 and 38 in the 7th.  Of those four, one - Armon Watts made a roster (Vikings). Two others made practice squads  - Stephen Denmark (Bears) and Jeff Smith (Jets).  Smith is kind of strange. They never used him all preseason.  I never heard a peep about him, but they were pretty quick to sign him to the practice squad.  Stanley Morgan Jr. is on the Bengals practice squad.  Jordan Brailford got hurt in camp and is on IR (Redskins). Only one guy is a straight up street FA, Alex Barnes who seemed like a steal , but did not make any noise in camp (Titans).  

Lindstrom should start for the Falcons, Boykin probably will for the Ravens. Ballentine recovered from his gunshot wounds and is pretty high up the Giants depth chart.  Banogu is being switched from OLB/Edge to DE (Colts).  I don't think he or Okereke (also Colts) will start.  @Paradis favorite Jalen Hurd (49ers) has a back injury and will probably miss week 1. 

Formatting all screwed up and I can't remove it, oh well...

Here is how my draft picks have done so far.

4 players made their team, 1 is injured, 1 is on a practice squad and one was waived and is not with anyone at the moment.

• 2 months later...

Panthers Dcat Montez Sweat
Panthers Dcat Taylor Rapp
Panthers Dcat Terry McLaurin
Panthers Dcat Josh Oliver
Panthers Dcat Connor McGovern
Panthers Dcat Tre Lamar
Panthers Dcat Saivion Smith

rds 1,2,3,3,4,4,6

starters: Sweat, rapp, McLaurin, with McLaurin lighting it up early on.  

Oliver struggling to get any snaps, buried on depth chart. McGovern torn Pec in the summer, IR. Lamar and Smith not sure they are in the NFL.