JetNation 2019 Mock Draft DISCUSSION

Dcat

I'm happy with the draft i had for the Bucs. Was able trade down and grab extra picks. Loved the top half of my draft especially. 

If I wasn't able to trade down, White would have been my pick at 5. The fact that I was able to get him at 15 is excellent. Oruwariye is CB1 talent IMO anc Campbell would make a great weapon (and basically replaces DJax). Crosby's an underrated pass rusher, and whoever gets him, is getting a steal. Justice Hill I'm very high, basically this year's Phillip Lindsey. Pair him with Ronald Jones and you have a nice 2 tandem.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Thought about pulling the trigger on Fulgham a couple of picks back, happy to end my draft with him. This was definitely fun. Loved the start of my draft with Thompson and Rock Ya-Sin, got my WR in Isabella and got some values.

29	1	29	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Deionte Thompson	Alabama	S
61	2	29	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Rock Ya-Sin	Temple	CB
63	2	31	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Andy Isabella	Massachusetts	WR
114	4	12	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Christian Miller	Alabama	EDGE
150	5	12	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Michael Jackson	Miami	CB
167	5	29	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Alec Eberle	Florida State	G
201	6	28	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Sione Takitaki	BYU	LB
214	6	41	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Ryan Bates PSU OG		
216	7	2	Kansas City	Chiefs	RVAJet815	Travis Fulgham ODU WR	

• Sympathy 1

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Green, the depressing thing about all of this is seeing McCagnans and idziks real drafts next to our joe schmuck jet nation draft.

Indeed.  

I'm sure the real world pressures of it all muddy things a tad, but I honestly believe I could absolutely rock a draft for some team.  Especially the Jets.  And I'm not even one of the better college talent guys on JN. lol 

9 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just to add to this week old, and long dead, discussion... I was reading that super long article about why the Packers suck.  According to it, McCarthy is a candy ass, and Rodgers as douche-y as advertised.  There were these little gems:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2828649-what-happened-in-green-bay

Rodgers is a douche, but every big QB does this. Brady is renowned for ending the careers of young receivers who run a route not to his liking in practice. 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Very happy to get Jordan Brown in the 7th. 

There is some crazy value in this 7th round. I don’t know if that’s a reflection on us, or was going to be available. I totally missed brown still being out there. Udoh is another one who has a red circle around him. Mike Bell, had he not ran that slow 40 he would probably be a day 2 guy debatably. And whoever snagged Jimmy Moreland in the fifth or sixth got a steal of a deal. He’s on my top 5 corners. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

There has been a trade...

New York Jets: Giants two 7ths

New York Giants: Jets current 7th that is OTC

@T0mShane please confirm when you get a chance.

4 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

There has been a trade. The Jets trade 7.3 to the Giants for 7.18 and 7.31. The Giants are OTC. Plz confirm @Patriot Killa

trade has been entered on the spreadsheet.  @T0mShane is OTC. And FWIW, the Giants and the Jets do not call each other for anything on draft day. Any trade between these two teams is pure fantasy.

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

trade has been entered on the spreadsheet.  @T0mShane is OTC. And FWIW, the Giants and the Jets do not call each other for anything on draft day. Any trade between these two teams is pure fantasy.

Until a few weeks from now when the Giants give two 1st rounders, 2nd rounder and 4th for local kid and Giants fan, Dwayne Haskins.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I traded up thinking I had a major steal only to find out that the guy I wanted was drafted in Round Two lol. Idiot.

Bingham is a PFF favorite, though, who tore his MCL in a bowl game. Supposed to be a freaky pass rusher with big triangle numbers

First guy to go off the board and draft a guy not in the spreadsheet.  Made it thourgh 216 picks, though.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Lith said:

First guy to go off the board and draft a guy not in the spreadsheet.  Made it thourgh 216 picks, though.

Yeah....  I was trying to enter the pick but couldn't find it.  So I googled him and read up on him.  He should have been on the sheet!  I am thoroughly impressed how so many of you guys glide thru rds 6 and 7 with knowledge of those players.  Me?  After 125 picks, ignorance takes over and there is a lot of scout report reading.  

Once upon a time, we had a rule about name dropping unpicked players... I kind of get why (not wanting to influence decision or spotlight players)... but in our present Spreadsheet era, i think that's a unnecessary rule

I'm looking at the RBs and guys like Alex Barnes (!!!), Wes Hills, Ozigbo, Scarlett, Moore -- lots are still there. Is that really what we can expect? Feels like those will all be drafted.... yet there was 20 something RBs picked. What an odd year.  

1 minute ago, Dcat said:

@Mavericknyc1980:  I have Jetfanatics pick, which I will enter right after Paradis makes his pick.  That puts you on deck with 2 consecutive Bengals picks.  Be ready.  Would be nice to get thru these 4 picks quickly.

I can't say it enough the great job all you guys did, @Dcat @King P @NYJetsVets91, @Lith, @New York Mick

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

So we are namedropping picks?  I hope none of you ****ers takes one of my guys based on this!  I have been sitting on one since the 4th.  Fully planned to take him ahead of my last 3 selections, but based on the way this draft was falling I felt safe. This is going to suck.

Speaking of  names - @T0mShane which 2nd rounder were you going to take in the 7th?

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

So we are namedropping picks?  I hope none of you ****ers takes one of my guys based on this!  I have been sitting on one since the 4th.  Fully planned to take him ahead of my last 3 selections, but based on the way this draft was falling I felt safe. This is going to suck.

Speaking of  names - @T0mShane which 2nd rounder were you going to take in the 7th?

The biggest problem in the later rounds now is the fact that special teamer’s aren’t as valuable as they used to be. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Just a wild guess......one, if not all, of the safeties.?

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Darnell Savage! I completely missed that he was picked that early

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Once upon a time, we had a rule about name dropping unpicked players... I kind of get why (not wanting to influence decision or spotlight players)... but in our present Spreadsheet era, i think that's a unnecessary rule

I'm looking at the RBs and guys like Alex Barnes (!!!), Wes Hills, Ozigbo, Scarlett, Moore -- lots are still there. Is that really what we can expect? Feels like those will all be drafted.... yet there was 20 something RBs picked. What an odd year.  

You just stole my next pick you dickhead!

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Had the same feeling with the WR's. I did the Titans draft. Went on a ton of their fans boards and local media outlets to gauge their needs in the draft. In no particular order  1A) D tackle to play with Casey 1B) Edge  1C) interior line. After that, TE & WR. First three were done    I got Ch.Wilkins in 1st, McCoy in 2nd and Ximines in 3rd.  I had trade my 5th to move up one spot to make sure I got Wilkins, so  I only had two picks left. I waited patiently in the 4th....a few TE's went, but the guy who I really wanted, Anthony Johnson from Buffalo was stiil there. If I got him I was sure that a Good TE would be there in 6th. Two picks before me in 4th, Johnson was snagged. So,I took Dawson Knox in 4th, and waited for my next pick in 6th. When I got close, was quite happy at the WR's still on board. Ended up taking DaMarkus Lodge to finish my draft. In the real world, I hope the Jets will have even better quality WR's when we pick in the 3rd.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Darnell Savage! I completely missed that he was picked that early

I picked him in the third round, actually. And PFF now gives him a first round grade.

Another  note, especially to the mock GM who called JJ Arcega-Whiteside a slow, worse version of Jace Amaro at the start of this draft: Arcega-Whiteside ran a 4.49 at his pro day yesterday.

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

Another  note, especially to the mock GM who called JJ Arcega-Whiteside a slow, worse version of Jace Amaro at the start of this draft: Arcega-Whiteside ran a 4.49 at his pro day yesterday.

5843A3E4-1861-42C7-9049-0D57A3FC33BA.gif

• Upvote 1

Steelers draft all wrapped up now. Pretty happy with it overall. I think I got great value in the later rounds. Wish I had a better option at a position of need in the first but felt too tempted to take Gary in the 1st. I do think though that a team like Pittsburgh is his best hope of realising his potential. Wish I could have gotten some depth at safety but I think this is a super weak safety class.

1039248119_ScreenShot2019-04-06at14_29_14.png.232649e80f9843eae8cf6f2c8ea1372f.png

• Upvote 1

I'm surprised the guard I took in the 7th round got so little attention considering the combine he had. 5.02 40 and 39 bench press, 1.66 10 yard split.  6'4"  301 so room to bulk up as well.   Small school player so a big step up at the next level but pretty outstanding physical attributes to build on.

4 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm surprised the guard I took in the 7th round got so little attention considering the combine he had. 5.02 40 and 39 bench press, 1.66 10 yard split.  6'4"  301 so room to bulk up as well.   Small school player so a big step up at the next level but pretty outstanding physical attributes to build on.

I bet you he will be picked much higher in the draft in a few weeks.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Sorry dudes, on the golf course.  Really should suspend the draft on the weekend but all good.  

Mick made a great pick for you. You should move here to Buffalo. You then wouldn't be on any golf course. lol