All Draft Topics Must Stay On Main Board

Maxman

• 5 weeks later...
We just wanted our valued JetNation posters to know that all draft related content must stay on the main football forum. As much as we love off topic posts, this is a football site and we have a fantastic separate lounge for those off topic posts.

At this point in the season, coming off an awful 2005 season, the draft, free agency and a occasional signing of a lower rung street free agent are the only real football related items for long suffering Jets fans to talk about.

For us to take a mock draft or legitimate Senior Bowl or Combine post, that a poster spent a great deal of time on, and banish it to another forum, with much less traffic, would be tantamount to a slap in the face of posters.

That's not how we operate here.

Here's a chocolate eclair. I bet u change your tune now.

it's fargin ridiculous with all this draft segregation. oh and here's the truth i don't want to name names but i know for a fact that some of the more prominent "anti-draftnik" contingent (a.k.a. casual fans) on JI have gone to the games gotten so drunk at the party tailgate that they slept in their car rather than watch the game... and then got drunk again afterward!

it's fargin ridiculous with all this draft segregation. oh and here's the truth i don't want to name names but i know for a fact that some of the more prominent "anti-draftnik" contingent (a.k.a. casual fans) on JI have gone to the games gotten so drunk at the party tailgate that they slept in their car rather than watch the game... and then got drunk again afterward!

Who is Dennis Byrd?

I don't drink so this is actually a serious question.

Can you get drunk twice in the same day? Sounds impressive.

Can you get drunk twice in the same day? Sounds impressive.

if you drink from 8am to 12pm, pass out "sleep it off" and wake up at 4pm start drinking again at 5 yes you can get drunk twice. I wouldn't recommend it. I can't even get drunk once at the game anymore im turning into an old fogie.

who would have thought it some people actually go to the game to watch *GASP* the game!

if you drink from 8am to 12pm, pass out "sleep it off" and wake up at 4pm start drinking again at 5 yes you can get drunk twice. I wouldn't recommend it. I can't even get drunk once at the game anymore im turning into an old fogie.

who would have thought it some people actually go to the game to watch *GASP* the game!

Interesting. I am biased but this is why I think this is the best site. A little draft talk. Another conversation about human behavior. There really is nothing that this board doesn't have!

:cheers:

I'm an old fogie, too. I actually like to watch the games without being inebriated.

Guess I dont have my priorities in order.

I'm an old fogie, too. I actually like to watch the games without being inebriated.

Guess I dont have my priorities in order.

A lot of people will say you needed a six pack at least to watch the past season of Jet games

Actually we were going for 2nd best. There is too much pressure if you are the best at anything.

We will make some changes shortly that should drop us in the rankings!

:D[/quote.............LOL

you're already sinking in my book Max-I specifically remember asking for a pinball game in the arcade-did I get one? NO-I smell fear that someone's name might not be atop the leader board if one was installed

SoFla=pinball wizard

you're already sinking in my book Max-I specifically remember asking for a pinball game in the arcade-did I get one? NO-I smell fear that someone's name might not be atop the leader board if one was installed SoFla=pinball wizard

LOL!!!

Pinball, donkey kong, pac man and a few others will be installed sometime over the next week!

JetNation NEVER sleeps!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Good policy Maxman, looks like traffic has actually spiked significantly in the off-season.

Don't forget who told you this was a wise move....:Typotux:

It still baffles me to no end, how so many sites relagate draft talk to a siberian type extra forum with with a small cluster of posters checking in from time to time...also, they will do anything and everything to stifle any D'Brick and Cutler (or any prospect) topics on their main board :banned:

Back to the original point, looks like some "heavy hitters" from others sites like talking Jets draft and free agency in the same forum.

Why wouldn't they, it only makes too much sense? :Banane43:

I'm not a big draftnik but I find the conversation here interesting. Additionally I'm impressed how many people here really research the stuff and get into it. Makes it a hell of a lot easier for people like me to keep track of what's going on draft wise.

good post guns, my sentiments exactly. this site is like staying at a holiday inn express for me. I wake up the next day feeling a little smarter without having to spend a lot of money, thanks to the many knowledgeable folks who post here with good info & insight, yet don't bore me to death.

the money I save can easily be reinvested in stocks,bonds,or the childrens education fund, but it isn't.....I prefer whiskey,crack & hookers

Archived