Next Year’s NFL Draft 2020 we get our #1 WR

GangGreenDover

1 minute ago, maury77 said:

I agree, that's why I haven't been watching this year's WR class too much. Aside from Jeudy, you have about 4 other studs. 

Right!! I like A.J. Brown this year but no chance we get him with other positions of need plus Juedy ceiling looks a lot higher

I have no issue with the Jets drafting a tented WR. But this notion that winning teams need a #1 WR is not accurate in todays NFL. 

Teams need great QB play and weapons. Period. Look at the past 5 SB winning teams and tell me who the #1 WR was. I'm not sure b/c i'm going from memory and haven't looked at their rosters, but in the last 10 years NONE of the SB winning teams had true #1 WRs. The Pats had Gronk and Welker. The Eagles had a slew of weapons but no 'true #1'. Seattle had Doug Baldwin- not a true #1 WR. The Giants didn't have ODBJr when they won, NO didn't have Michael Thomas when they won.

Yeah, it's nice to have a '#1' WR in the sense that its a versatile guy who line up anywhere and beat most CBs in the league but its been proven that you don't need that to win- you need a variety of weapons and a QB that can spread it around and get them the ball.  

If we can get a 2nd rounder for Lee & swap threes with Philly I'd have no problem taking Deebo Samuel if he's there....but not if a top 2 Center is staring us in the face.
Isnt deebo Samuel a slot receiver? Didn't we already buy one of those? Furthermore the latest rumor says the pats love him what if they took him with their first

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Isnt deebo Samuel a slot receiver? Didn't we already buy one of those? Furthermore the latest rumor says the pats love him what if they took him with their first

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I think he's more Golden Tate than Edelman. But your right, we probably need a larger WR. I think Zack Allen is going to be a good pass rusher & another option if we draft Quinnen Williams. A Quinnen Williams, trade Lee, draft Zack Allen in the 2nd, Elgton Jenkins with our 3rd. I think Sam Darnold is going to take a huge step & with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Herndon & Bell + TY is a damn good group with Darnold getting the most out of them.

5 minutes ago, Jetster said:

I think he's more Golden Tate than Edelman. But your right, we probably need a larger WR. I think Zack Allen is going to be a good pass rusher & another option if we draft Quinnen Williams. A Quinnen Williams, trade Lee, draft Zack Allen in the 2nd, Elgton Jenkins with our 3rd. I think Sam Darnold is going to take a huge step & with Anderson, Enunwa, Crowder, Herndon & Bell + TY is a damn good group with Darnold getting the most out of them.

If we come out of the draft with Quinnen Williams, Zach Allen and Elton Jenkins that would be an absolute gem of a draft. 

Allen has been falling to the 3rd round in a lot of mock drafts and not only do I think he has too much talent to fall that far, I also think theres no way the Pats let him past their second round picks.  He has the versatility, attitude and work ethic they love.  We did already meet with him, so Im hoping he winds up here, but either way, a draft with those 3 would be unreal

Archived