KO talking about Harrison

Mavericknyc1980

If Harrison’s the center, let’s hope he stays healthy for there’s no back up yet on the roster.

This is the real point. So we’re going with Harrison. That’s fine. I actually think he played well last year.
Can we still get a couple of guys in camp at the position too please? Ya know... just in case?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

4 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I actually had time to sit and listen to this. It's a really interesting interview. Couple of things:

• Gruden sounds like an ego-maniac, and that tid-bit about wanting to win with "his guys" because he's so often criticized about winning the SB with Dungy's Tampa team is rich.
  • A lot of really interesting insights into the human side of being a player with no control of what "they" do with you or your friends
  • The bit about how he was like "uhhhhh" about the Jets when he first got here, and experienced the locker room dynamic was alarming.
  • It made me feel better that he said it's changed over time already, that was reassuring, but I still wonder about the carryover of chemistry from Rex to Bowles and now Gase. The former 2 were awful for the locker room.
  • How he talked about the "grown men" in the Baltimore locker room made me envious. 
  • Ozzie Newsome might be the best GM of all time. I mean sh*t.
  • I loved how he talked about the Jets current strength and conditioning coach. Loved it.
  • I also love how transparent he is throughout the whole conversation. Like when he said, "a lot of guys said he should have been starting center (Harrison) last year"
  • It's an indictment of Bowles, Bates and Mac that he wasn't... but we already knew they were pigs for not making the change sooner.
  • Really nice to hear him talk about Derek Carr. Also the Redskins/Raiders game and the whole Trump thing... and how so much crap is all media trolling.

Thanks for posting.

I also love how he said Aaron Donald was the best he's gone against but was like "im just gonna get in his head and over power him, that's exactly what i did" then sips his coffee.

I wrote weeks ago that the obsession this board has with upgrading the Center position is over the top. 

There have been a plethora of championship teams with JAG centers. 

Also, we had arguably the best center in the league (Mangold) for years, and during several of those years, our offense was indisputably putrid. 

You can absolutely "get by" with an average center. 

6 hours ago, WayneChrebet80 said:

Adrian Jones, Adrien Clarke, Wayne Hunter, Westley Johnson, Jonathan Harrison

I don't do many nominations for post of the week, but this is great. 

Brief, no commentary... and  speaks for itself.

7 hours ago, flgreen said:

I didn't think Harrison played all that badly last year after he replaced Long.  This is his second year as the center, it makes sense that he will improve on what he did last year.

Yes sometimes unknown players develop and become effective starters

Wut a crazy concept

8 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

If Harrison is a legit starting center then our OLine is basically complete and deep and Mark Sanchez might be right about our record. 

AND everyone whining about Mac not trading back for less than full value for Bradbury?

Whiny. 

Didn’t Mac try to trade back?  The giants qb they targeted was a player no one else wanted in the first round and Haskins fell to 15

So no one wanted to trade up to 3

KO said he was at 310 & in the best shape of his career. Have you seen some of his workout videos? You have to remember that younger guys get by on talent. Did you hear KO mention this? It's basically what he was saying about coaches taking credit for talented players. He was like, sometimes guys come in ready for the NFL. 

KO got injured, realized he had too much weight for his joints & went into a workout program that increased his strength & stamina after losing 20Lbs. We could get 3 years of a VERY GOOD player, look at Goff and the Rams line. Some oldies but goodies there. This guys gonna bring an attitude that was missing on our Oline, not with speeches but by his play. Olineman unite by having success & playing as as unit. We got 1 very good year out of Carpenter & each year after was worse than the last. 

12 hours ago, MDL_JET said:

I also love how he said Aaron Donald was the best he's gone against but was like "im just gonna get in his head and over power him, that's exactly what i did" then sips his coffee.

No sacks....no pressures....sips coffee...I love this guy!

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Didn’t Mac try to trade back?  The giants qb they targeted was a player no one else wanted in the first round and Haskins fell to 15

So no one wanted to trade up to 3

I think everyone is overlooking this. They're all screaming that we should have traded down, but the fact of the matter is that there was no one who badly wanted to trade up. This draft did not have a lot of top tier, elite talent. And the Jets simply didn't receive an offer to move down that was worth missing out on one of the few top tier guys that was sitting there for them to take with the #3 pick. 

As for Osemele's comments, he wasn't asked about Harrison. He purposely mentioned him. He didn't have to do that. If he wasn't being sincere I don't think he would have brought Harrison up. Harrison was a guy who fizzled out with his first team, was signed here as depth, and played well when given the chance. Sometimes players need time before they figure things out. Maybe Harrison is one of those types of guys.

1 hour ago, sourceworx said:

I think everyone is overlooking this. They're all screaming that we should have traded down, but the fact of the matter is that there was no one who badly wanted to trade up. This draft did not have a lot of top tier, elite talent. And the Jets simply didn't receive an offer to move down that was worth missing out on one of the few top tier guys that was sitting there for them to take with the #3 pick. 

As for Osemele's comments, he wasn't asked about Harrison. He purposely mentioned him. He didn't have to do that. If he wasn't being sincere I don't think he would have brought Harrison up. Harrison was a guy who fizzled out with his first team, was signed here as depth, and played well when given the chance. Sometimes players need time before they figure things out. Maybe Harrison is one of those types of guys.

Except Jet fans don't think anyone will develop here & after Rex and Bowles,  don't blame them but some guys just need time to GET IT. Plus, some guys mature differently than others, mentally, physically. 

17 hours ago, slimjasi said:

I wrote weeks ago that the obsession this board has with upgrading the Center position is over the top. 

There have been a plethora of championship teams with JAG centers. 

Also, we had arguably the best center in the league (Mangold) for years, and during several of those years, our offense was indisputably putrid. 

You can absolutely "get by" with an average center. 

red meat to bash on Mac with

22 hours ago, Jetster said:

How about what KO said about the strength & conditioning coach for the Jets (Very Positive) and what he had to say about how hard it seemed he was working compared to other Jets in the beginning & how it seemed to change quickly from a bit of a lazy vibe at Florham park to guys stepping it up! 

They call that wiping off the Todd Bowles rust! Makes you realize why Jamal Adams said we need some more Dawgs. KO is definitely a DAWG, Mosley..DAWG, Crowder? DAWG, Bell? DAWG (you can't touch the ball 400 times in an NFL season & not be a DAWG), Quincy?...DAWG Adams? DAWG, Jenkins, DAWG, Williamson? DAWG, Maye? DAWG..if healthy, H.Anderson? DAWG, Poole? DAWG, draft picks, Quinnen?..DAWG, Polite?..DAWG, Trumaine?..DOG. Oh well.

But, we got a lot of fighters. I think KO will transform the oline, bring them all together, to work harder. Pollack will have everyone on board for 2 goals, protect Sam & make seams for Le'veon. Can't wait.

Hey baby Lets go out here like a bunch of crazed dogs

funny-pack-of-dogs-first-person.gif

FWIW, while everybody is crowing about Osemele being a dawg, I think some Raiders people were concerned that his weight was way down.  Something like 296 from 330.  That might be a benefit for a primarily ZBS, but if that is what he and Harrison were up to, it isn't likely going to help the power game. 

I Hear ya but he says he’s at 310 right now. Basically 20-25 lbs less. He also added that he is actually the strongest he’s ever been thanks to our strength and conditioning coach Justice something. Says he’s as legit as they come.
Who knew?
I just finished listening to the whole interview, and while this interviewer is about as annoying as they come, this was a fantastic opportunity to get to know KO. What a great football background and attitude.

I love what he says about the mentality when he arrived here. Most of us here could sense that the team was phoning it in and he pretty much corroborated that. He asked himself if he was doing too much. The whole Bowles regime sucked!

Greg Williams is going to be lighting to these players. We are going to see an entirely different product imo. And I’m F*ckin excited!

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

20 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

FWIW, while everybody is crowing about Osemele being a dawg, I think some Raiders people were concerned that his weight was way down.  Something like 296 from 330.  That might be a benefit for a primarily ZBS, but if that is what he and Harrison were up to, it isn't likely going to help the power game. 

Wesco will help with the power running game...

Archived