The unbelievable next level Jamal Adams can reach

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

3 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

@Jet Nut you still haven't responded to this simple point:  If you argue that a player contributes to the success of the defense, but the defense isn't at all successful, then what is his true value to the team? 

Will he ever be the most important or 2nd most important player on this defense?

DeGrom got the Cy Young last year

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, EM31 said:

DeGrom got the Cy Young last year 

MLB Starting Pitchers pitch on every 5th day, and get lifted for relievers after 6-7 innings.  Out of the 1,460 innings the Mets played last year, deGrom was on the mound for 217 of them.  I.E. less than 15 % of the team's innings. 

Jamal Adams played 100 % of the snaps for the Jets defense for all 16 games last season. 

5 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

The problem is he isn't Mahomes.

Nothing deeper than that.  Still of course our best player needs to be ripped.  Hels somehow you call him a SS not a FS or any other the other nonsensical reasons Adams doesn't help a D.  Because it's a known fact that only pass rushers hello a D.  S's aren't really even needed. 

Same ridiculous argument comes up every few months. 

Actually I think it’s the Macc hate more then the Mahomes lust. 

Just go back to the draft thread for 2017. Most people were happy with the Adams pick, Very few, if any were pounding tables for Mahomes. Nothing opened my eyes to the BS a lot of people spew here then when @Patriot Killa pulled up a couple of old draft threads a few months ago.

Now they use 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning QB skills to blame the Jets for not taking Mahomes and others.  Then they go to the  “Macc took Hack, so he had to take Adams...” blah blah stuff.

Macc wasn’t great, but he got Adams, who’s a star, and Darnold, who if nothing else, has energized this fan base. He managed the cap well, and made some good trades. I actually think he was our best GM in a long while.

Douglas is now the “chosen one”. I’m counting the weeks until they turn on him.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

And people are in the “who should we have never traded” thread complaining we never should have traded Vilma. 

And we shouldn’t have. 

Couldn't disagree more.  

Vilma was a nice player.  The Saints gave him 5 for $34M.  He didn't fit in on that Jets team and wasn't worth that money for us.  We were much better off with Barton and Harris and later Scott and Harris. There is no way they could have afforded Scott if they had given all his money to the first tiny linebacker. 

The trade was poorly handled - he was coming off an injury and his value was low and they got kind of lowballed, but I honestly feel it was one of those deals that benefits everybody.    

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Actually I think it’s the Macc hate more then the Mahomes lust. 

Just go back to the draft thread for 2017. Most people were happy with the Adams pick, Very few, if any were pounding tables for Mahomes. Nothing opened my eyes to the BS a lot of people spew here then when @Patriot Killa pulled up a couple of old draft threads a few months ago.

Now they use 20/20 hindsight and Monday morning QB skills to blame the Jets for not taking Mahomes and others.  Then they go to the  “Macc took Hack, so he had to take Adams...” blah blah stuff.

Macc wasn’t great, but he got Adams, who’s a star, and Darnold, who if nothing else, has energized this fan base. He managed the cap well, and made some good trades. I actually think he was our best GM in a long while.

Douglas is now the “chosen one”. I’m counting the weeks until they turn on him.

I think much of Maccagnan's legacy should rest on how Leveon Bell performs.  Gase is on record as not wanting him and he was a big ticket item.  There is no reason for Bell to fail beyond the offensive line sucking.  I don't see how Gase could misuse him.  

Maccagnan basically let the drafts fall to him and the only risks he took were Hackenberg or late.  I guess Polite falls in that group.  His only good picks were sure things - Williams, Adams, Jenkins.  I doubt I was on record for much of anything that draft, but I was resigned to getting Adams.  I guess I kind of hoped for Watson, but I certainly wasn't pounding the table.  The idea they were tanking and avoiding QBs in that draft is what was odd.  3 QBs went in the top 12 while we took a safety?  We went into the season with McCown and Petty.  Seems crazy on every level.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

For sure.  Putting the jersey on every day and leading this team to 4-12 sure was impressive. 

You forgot the part about him playing at an All Pro level.

Also forgot the lousy HC and CS,

and the rookie QB and McCown who combined to give us some of the worst QB play in the league,

Yeah. The 4-12 was on him....

2 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

You forgot the part about him playing at an All Pro level.

Also forgot the lousy HC and CS,

the rookie QB and McCown who combined gave us some of the worst QB play in the league,

Yeah. The 4-12 was on him....

Oh so him playing at an All-Pro level didn't matter when it came to a tangible impact on the team and the W-L record, correct?  Without him they'd be, say, 2-14 or 3-13 instead of 4-12?

Exactly the point being made in this thread.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Oh so him playing at an All-Pro level didn't matter when it came to a tangible impact on the team and the W-L record, correct?  Without him they'd be, say, 2-14 or 3-13 instead of 4-12?

Exactly the point being made in this thread.

Actually some of us are trying to make the point that it’s crazy to knock the only elite level player on a defense solely because of his position.

We are of the view that it takes more then one good player to “lift” a defense, much less a team. But that said, we still can appreciate, and want to keep the one good player.

1 hour ago, TeddEY said:

So, what you're saying is we should have drafted Patrick Mahommes?

No. I live in the present and think about the future. 

The past is past and we can’t change it. Gnashing teeth about what could have been is a waste of time. 

Besides Sam was the guy I’ve wanted for 3 years so I’m happy.