All 19 food stands at MetLife Stadium,ranked worst to best

joewilly12

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

3f39afdb-e8cf-4cb0-848e-26663f7fbbe5_1.9

Yeah, for $0.29 cents a can.

SAR I

Genny Cream was among the  go to college beers of the 1980s. Cheap, available, easy.  Had  a girlfriend who's dad kept it in the fridge, and didn't have a problem with me grabbing her and that. But I repeat; in the 1980s.

Got silly and nostalgic last summer and bought a case. 

So awful teenage boys would not sneak this sheet, the true test of awfulness.There's some Blue Moons and some crappy cider there now awaiting it's sentence when space gets at a premium.  It sat in the corner of the fridge until it was dumped in the sink and the can put in the recycling bin. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Genny Cream was among the  go to college beers of the 1980s. Cheap, available, easy.  Had  a girlfriend who's dad kept it in the fridge, and didn't have a problem with me grabbing her and that. But I repeat; in the 1980s.

Got silly and nostalgic last summer and bought a case. 

So awful teenage boys would not sneak this sheet, the true test of awfulness.There's some Blue Moons and some crappy cider there now awaiting it's sentence when space gets at a premium.  It sat in the corner of the fridge until it was dumped in the sink and the can put in the recycling bin. 

I remember Genny Screamers in a bottle in 8th grade. Old Milwaukke 12 paks like 3 bucks in HS for pre night was our beer of choice. Me no like beer back then. Did other things, lol.

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

I remember Genny Screamers in a bottle in 8th grade. Old Milwaukke 12 paks like 3 bucks in HS for pre night was our beer of choice. Me no like beer back then. Did other things, lol.

I remember Miller High Life also as a cheap go to as a kid.If you were short, it was cheaper than Bud nips or 40s(high school preferences being what they were).  I tried it lately; for a mass-produced mega brand it's all right. After all, it is the Champagne of Beers. 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Don't know anyone who does. There's almost always great tailgating, so why would you overpay for things you can get before or after that are way better? 

Dude! Went to undergrad in the mid 80's in Upstate NY. Broke as could be and drank Goebels. How cheap was it? I kid you not, it came in used bottle, we hoped washed and re-used stained hard cardboard cases. The bottle were etched top middle and bottom from whatever machine they went through. Wanna say it was less than $10 for a case. 

s-l300.jpg

24 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Dude! Went to undergrad in the mid 80's in Upstate NY. Broke as could be and drank Goebels. How cheap was it? I kid you not, it came in used bottle, we hoped washed and re-used stained hard cardboard cases. The bottle were etched top middle and bottom from whatever machine they went through. Wanna say it was less than $10 for a case. 

s-l300.jpg

Meister Brau was the beer of the really short on coin college kids in the NYC met area at that time. It was not good, but it had alcohol, was beer-flavored beverage product, and if you got it cold enough you could tolerate it. Blatts beer balls were also ridiculously cheap; 2 bags of ice and you had a party. Amazing that even kids who knew nothing about science turned into Heisenberg when it came to how to get beer ice cold, be it in kegs, bottles, cans or whatever.  

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Meister Brau was the beer of the really short on coin college kids in the NYC met area at that time. It was not good, but it had alcohol, was beer-flavored beverage product, and if you got it cold enough you could tolerate it. Blatts beer balls were also ridiculously cheap; 2 bags of ice and you had a party. Amazing that even kids who knew nothing about science turned into Heisenberg when it came to how to get beer ice cold, be it in kegs, bottles, cans or whatever.  

We use to get the Matts beer balls, came with whats known as the "Matts splats", self explanatory. Brewery in Utica NY. 

• Upvote 2

I could drive or call any number of decent Chinese or Middle Eastern places. Same with burgers, chicken, Italian or BBQ; you name it, the fare in NYC and the met area is way better. NOBODY in this market is going to the stadium to eat, unless you're in the suite like you(and really, good for you, that's cool). It looks like another instance where they built a football stadium without understanding how big tailgating now is for most people. It's also true of any concert in a venue with a parking lot. 

• Upvote 1