J Adams Fined

Gen X Jet

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

They probably skated because any adults in the room knew you have to build a high-caliber defense around pass rushers and corners rather than interior DL who can't rush the passer and Safeties.  

We drafted corners in 1st rd as well . It don’t always work out . Millner was as can’t miss as it gets coming out .

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

We drafted corners in 1st rd as well . It don’t always work out . Millner was as can’t miss as it gets coming out .

At least it was an actual effort to try to get a CB1 here.  I'd rather my GM have some balls to try to get a game-changer in here than always take the "safe" pick that NEVER moves the needle.  

Milliner would have been good if healthy.  You don't take a player like that that early with those kinds of red flags.  But at least Idzik was trying to get players at premium positions.  Even if he f*cked it up royally, he was still better than Macc.  

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pre-draft I wanted Watson, FWIW.  Or Mike Williams.  

Obviously people under-estimated Mahomes.  But it's a GM's job to have foresight.  Just once it would have been nice for Macc to out-smart the other GM's.  Instead we always got the supposed best defensive player in the draft to "fall" to us and yet the defense still sucks.  

You where on money with Watson. 

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I see.  You were only talking about this year.  See, I was talking about 2015-present.  Endless resources poured into the defense only to watch it suck.

OK, let's just talk about this year then.  Mosley is a baller, no doubt.  But injuries happen in the NFL.  The minute he got hurt, the defense collectively pi$$ed its pants.  Sure, it's a nice excuse that Neville Hewitt was handed playcalling duties.  But why didn't this fall to a veteran like Jamal Adams?

You can SAY this defense will be a top 10 unit when healthy.  But that doesn't make it true.  We're not going to get handed turnovers every week like Josh Allen did.  We still have no pass rush and no corners; the building blocks of any top 10 defense.  Where is that pass rush and corner play coming from that we're going to need to become a top 10 unit?  I mean, have you looked at the upcoming schedule?  Which offenses are we shutting down even at full health?

You realize we lost Williamson as well right?  So both starting MLBs down and a rookie takes over?  What do ya expect?

Too much obviously.

Regarding the rush and CBs, we disagree.  You're overly negative.  

If you can't see it from watching games, my quick replies from my phone won't fix things.  

Suppose we'll just disagree.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

At least it was an actual effort to try to get a CB1 here.  I'd rather my GM have some balls to try to get a game-changer in here than always take the "safe" pick that NEVER moves the needle.  

Milliner would have been good if healthy.  You don't take a player like that that early with those kinds of red flags.  But at least Idzik was trying to get players at premium positions.  Even if he f*cked it up royally, he was still better than Macc.  

Most this bored did not want Lattimore because of his injury history coming out and that’s because of milliner. You remember that? 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

Most this bored did not want Lattimore because of his injury history coming out and that’s because of milliner. You remember that? 

I do.  The draft is all about risk/reward.  You have to take your shots where you can.  At least if it doesn't pan out, you can be confident your GM is properly evaluating positional value, and it might work out the next time.  We never could possibly have that confidence in Mike Maccagnan. 

Hopefully Joe Douglas isn't a spineless pu$$y.  Somehow I doubt he is.  At least I'd never call him that to his face.  

tbfgzg6ph2fdt8txzkpn

• Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If he was terrible here, what is Jamal?  

Again, either Jamal really isn't that good and his position matters, or he's really good but his position doesn't matter.  You can't eat your cake and have it too on this one.  

Bro... I remember Erik Colemen...Reggie Tongue...Yeremiah Bell...Laron and Dawan Landry...Kerry Rhodes...Dwight Lowry...Jim Leonard...and Ed Reed playing safety. All of them took bad angles, cuts, etc. But they still managed to make key stops, elevate their play around them and win us some games. Jamal was drafted higher then all of them. Maybe Laron Landry was drafted higher I don't remember.

Jamal's ceiling is Laron Landry. However, he is playing more like Dawan. Laron was a SS but also a game changer, wrecker and could get interceptions. You either have the IT factor or don't.

We as Jet fans should support our players. However, it's hard to support loudmouths like Jamal who talk a lot, and nor the record or the stats show how big of an impact he made on games he played or how many he helped us win.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I do.  The draft is all about risk/reward.  You have to take your shots where you can.  At least if it doesn't pan out, you can be confident your GM is properly evaluating positional value, and it might work out the next time.  We never could possibly have that confidence in Mike Maccagnan. 

Hopefully Joe Douglas isn't a spineless pu$$y.  Somehow I doubt he is.  At least I'd never call him that to his face.  

tbfgzg6ph2fdt8txzkpn

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

tbfgzg6ph2fdt8txzkpn

Those draft cards get a lot heavier when you are the one writing the names. Dorsey became a steel ball stallion. Macc became a falling knife catcher.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

3 INT's in 7 games.  If a cheap over the hill FA pickup could get that for us, it's pretty telling how little you really need to invest in the Safety position to get results.  

They also play different roles in defense . Not saying jamal is a center field type. So based on your complaints we should of took Malik hooker instead of jamal that year? Not that I think anything is wrong with that I like ball hawks too. I still think jamal is very good player not star or generational player ..  I guess where just gonna have to disagree on jamal and that’s fine . I definitely would build a defense with him. I wouldn’t create another hole on this team just because I didn’t like what pick he was drafted or cause he isn’t a ball hawk or a Splash play king he is good in his hybrid role .... 

Just now, Scoop24 said:

They also play different roles in defense . Not saying jamal is a center field type. So based on your complaints we should of took Malik hooker instead of jamal that year? Not that I think anything is wrong with that I like ball hawks too. I still think jamal is very good player not star or generational player ..  I guess where just gonna have to disagree on jamal and that’s fine . I definitely would build defense with him. I wouldn’t create another hole on this team just because I didn’t like what pick he was drafted or cause he isn’t a ball hawk or a Splash play king ... 

If you create a hole by trading away Adams, you can fill that spot adequately with a mid-rounder or cheap FA and not see a huge dropoff.  That's the point, really.

Yes, I prefer ball-hawking Safeties to box Safeties at every turn.  The NFL isn't reverting back to the 80's.  QB's are throwing more than ever.  Pat Mahomes is on pace for over 6,000 yards this season.  We don't need Safeties who spend the majority of the time on the LOS.  We need Safeties who can cover and get turnovers.  And all of our biggest resources spent on D need to go towards pass rushers and corners.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Scoop24 said:

They also play different roles in defense . Not saying jamal is a center field type. So based on your complaints we should of took Malik hooker instead of jamal that year? Not that I think anything is wrong with that I like ball hawks too. I still think jamal is very good player not star or generational player ..  I guess where just gonna have to disagree on jamal and that’s fine . I definitely would build defense with him. I wouldn’t create another hole on this team just because I didn’t like what pick he was drafted or cause he isn’t a ball hawk or a Splash play king ... 

Waaaaaaait you don’t think he is a star? Jesus man you gotta pick your battles. ? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

They also play different roles in defense . Not saying jamal is a center field type. So based on your complaints we should of took Malik hooker instead of jamal that year? Not that I think anything is wrong with that I like ball hawks too. I still think jamal is very good player not star or generational player ..  I guess where just gonna have to disagree on jamal and that’s fine . I definitely would build a defense with him. I wouldn’t create another hole on this team just because I didn’t like what pick he was drafted or cause he isn’t a ball hawk or a Splash play king he is good in his hybrid role .... 

Bro, he is a good player. But I sense he will demand a lot of money when he is a free agent. Do you want to pay Jamal 15M. When an UDFA or lower round player could fill that hybrid SS/LB role he plays. He's good at what is asked from him. But for 15M, you want guys that cause fumbles, get interceptions. Put fear into the offenses like Revis did in his early years with us.

What is amazing about Jamal, is he is supposed to be a good run stopper. He still arm tackles, dude some RB's are going to be more shiftier and stronger than you. 

I wanted Malik Hooker also. He is a ball hawk. If we had him at FS. I could count on one player to get us an interception when we need it.

12 hours ago, Sammybighead said:

Dump this pathetically titled thread. Dude was top 2 in every metric you can measure a safety last year. He recruited Lev bell. He's a natural leader. You call him a jag? You're a jag poster.

You, my friend are Fu..in awesome. Mail you a damn keg of high end brew.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

If you create a hole by trading away Adams, you can fill that spot adequately with a mid-rounder or cheap FA and not see a huge dropoff.  That's the point, really.

Yes, I prefer ball-hawking Safeties to box Safeties at every turn.  The NFL isn't reverting back to the 80's.  QB's are throwing more than ever.  Pat Mahomes is on pace for over 6,000 yards this season.  We don't need Safeties who spend the majority of the time on the LOS.  We need Safeties who can cover and get turnovers.  And all of our biggest resources spent on D need to go towards pass rushers and corners.  

Box safeties are easier to find than Ballhawk FS's. Put a O Linemen and run him on Jamal and walala you have an open field to run through. Jamal is a good run support safety. Have Jamal cover the centerfield and it's a field day. Maye, also makes Jamal look bad, because of the wrong angles he takes. So, I can't fully blame Jamal for all of our secondary problems. Since, Jamal is the leader and talks a lot . He deserves the blame and heat.

Man Watson, Mahomes, so many missed players instead of Jamal. What's that titans safety that is one of the best in the league. He's a ball hawk. I wish we drafted him in the late rounds.

14 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

McDougle was the most oft-injured, as I recall.  But I continued to believe in him, even when he was in the AAF, because of @The Crusher.

I liked McDougle in college also. He was a ball hawk. I would take that risk Anytime, especially if they had college production. In 3 or 4 years of college production a CB should have more than 4 interceptions per season to warrant being drafted in the first round.  SS and DT's that are only run stoppers should not be drafted in the TOP 10. Top 10 is for game changers. Draft is a crapshoot. I wanted Hockerson this past draft. He had college production and is balling in Detroit. Perfect Fit.

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Adams is a sh-tty pick no way to get around it

I was screaming for Hooker. Just like I was screaming for Ed Reed and Also for Warren Sapp back in the day. You would think we would have gone to the super bowl with Ed Reed or Warren Sapp or at least father in the playoffs with one of those guys. Instead we ended up with Bryan Thomas and I forgot who we selected instead of Warren Sapp.

8 minutes ago, EdReed22 said:

I was screaming for Hooker. Just like I was screaming for Ed Reed and Also for Warren Sapp back in the day. You would think we would have gone to the super bowl with Ed Reed or Warren Sapp or at least father in the playoffs with one of those guys. Instead we ended up with Bryan Thomas and I forgot who we selected instead of Warren Sapp.

Kyle Effin Brady