J Adams Fined

Gen X Jet

4 minutes ago, Peace Frog said:

Some dudes will claim he’s just “stat padding”. 

He’s competitive and pissed and hitting everything and everyone he can.

Wait for the hate.

It’s real. And pathetic. 

If this team had 22 Jamal Adams.... hey might be .500 team who knows.  But this team is a 23 pt NFL dog this week..... 23 pts.... I don’t care who’s coach, who’s hurt, who’s anything...... just an embarrassment 

11 minutes ago, Sammybighead said:

Dump this pathetically titled thread. Dude was top 2 in every metric you can measure a safety last year. He recruited Lev bell. He's a natural leader. You call him a jag? You're a jag poster.

golden

18 minutes ago, jgb said:

He is a good player... that never should've been a Jet. It was a luxury pick. Like a guy who lives in a trailer buying a Mercedes.

Lol luxury pick?? You must of forget the That season we started the worst pair of safeties in the league that year. Pryor and Gilchrist  gave up so many big plays weekly it was beyond ridiculous. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

If this team had 22 Jamal Adams.... hey might be .500 team who knows.  But this team is a 23 pt NFL dog this week..... 23 pts.... I don’t care who’s coach, who’s hurt, who’s anything...... just an embarrassment 

The Steelers lost by 30 with their top QB. Jets are going there with third stringer

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Lol luxury pick?? You must of forget the That season we started the worst pair of safeties in the league that year. Pryor and Gilchrist  gave up so many big plays weekly it was beyond ridiculous. 

You mean the other Strong safety we used a 1st round pick on.

Fun facts, since 2011 we’ve drafted five Defensive linemen, and two Stong safeties, in round #1 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Record in 2016 with Pryor and Gilchrist:

2016: 5-11

Jets record since drafting Mal:

2017: 5-11

2018: 4-12

Luxury pick indeed.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, BurnleyJet said:

You mean the other Strong safety we used a 1st round pick on.

Fun facts, since 2011 we’ve drafted 5 Defensive linemen, and two Stong safeties, in round #1 

The luxury pick in my eyes was taking Maye in the 2nd rd and passing in guys like dalvin cook , juju, Kamara , Cupp

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Team sport . No 1 single player is winning or losing football games. 

Mahomes or Watson absolutely would’ve added some wins to that total, but that isn’t the point.

Crap teams in the middle of a years-long rebuild shouldn’t be taking safeties in top 10. Even more damning is there were half a dozen good safeties (honey badger, Eric Reid, Courtland Finnegan, etc) all available deep into training camp the year we went Safety-Safety. Idiotic to get Mal at 6 rather than a QB/OL/Edge and then take your pick of the FAs. Reminder, we had $30M cap room.

That was all Bowles, the former safety, trying to Make Safeties Great Again.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Mahomes or Watson absolutely would’ve added some wins to that total, but that isn’t the point.

The point is that crap teams in the middle of a years-long rebuild shouldn’t be taking safeties in top 10. Even more damning is there were half a dozen good safeties (honey badger, Eric Reid, Courtland Finnegan, etc) all available deep into training camp the year we went Safety-Safety. Idiotic to get Mal at 6 rather than a QB/OL/Edge and then take your pick of the FAs. Reminder, we had $30M cap room.

That was all Bowles, the former safety, trying to Make Safeties Great Again.

a lot teams didn’t believe in Mahomes or Watson this isn’t Jamal’s fault. There was no edge rusher or OL  at 6 worth taking unless you believed TJ watt at the time was worthy of top 10 pick and I doubt that. garrett boles the top OL in that draft sure as hell wasnt and stilll isn’t. 

3 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

a lot teams didn’t believe in Mahomes or Watson this isn’t Jamal’s fault. There was no edge rusher or OL  at 6 worth taking unless you believed TJ watt at the time was worthy of top 10 pick and I doubt that. garrett boles the top OL in that draft sure as hell wasnt and stilll isn’t. 

Who cares about fault? I already said Mal is a good player. But if you can't see that he hasn't moved the needle an inch for the franchise, and that going Safety in the top 10 when we have holes everywhere, then we are just never gonna agree.

Which is also fine.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Who cares about fault? I already said Mal is a good player. But if you can't see that he hasn't moved the needle an inch for the franchise, and that going Safety in the top 10 when we have holes everywhere, then we are just never gonna agree.

Which is also fine.

I didn’t expect him to move the needle by himself . I think he is piece to building a talented roster. 

• Upvote 1
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1