Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

13 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes you can. It's still the QB position spoken of here. The game hasnt changed so drastically to the point that 2002 NFL football is an entirely different sport. 

And Baker Mayfield is playing for Freddie Kitchens, a man who doesnt have a history to even criticize. 

He had enough of a history for Baker to pick him to be his head coach, and for Dorsey to go along with it.

25 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I dont "always" have to equate these things. Actually, it's only something that I acknowledge as fact...nothing more. I won't bother to do this, but if I really wanted to, I could find atleast 20 different posts from people who compare the two QB's and that becomes more common after losses by Mayfield. 

Acknowledging this isnt always equating. It's just a fact. I generally dont compare the two guys. Have I done it? Sure. But it's nothing that's a constant for me because it's nothing I've really ever cared to do as some way to make a long standing point on this forum. It's just not necessary. 

Folks drop mic's as if Baker Mayfield runs from cops as a drunkard every weekend. Based on how often we hear about this 2 year old incident, you'd swear this happened more than once, or just this past weekend....EVERY weekend that passes. I dont care about this to the point of making it a conversation piece 2 years running. It's asinine that people even do it.

This is basically projecting. There is an entire underlined paragraph full of things that I dont even care about, because it isnt football. That's the soap-opera version of football media coverage other folks eat up. And I bet if it wasnt found out that Richard Sherman was a liar, not shaking hands would have been part of that paragraph. 

Folks are talking about a grown man taking photos with a tiger...shirtless. Why are other men even interested in this? I thought pictures like this was to grab the attention of women?  

This is all irrelevant stuff that folks who are interested in soap-opera's get caught up in. Nothing to sit back and drop a presidential mic over. 

It's just so asinine 

Confused Mark Wahlberg GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

Let's cut to the chase:

You have spent the past year (and change) on a Jets message board jacking off a Cleveland QB who, thus far, has not lived up to his insane hype. People are going to come at him (and you) with everything they have. Yes, that includes mocking your hero for dopey shirtless pics with animals as well as reminding you of dumb sh*t he did in college. Par for the course.  Come back another 20 times with jokes about Darnold tongue kissing Jersey THOTs. It's all good fun, my dude. 

Also, f*ck Baker and everyone who looks like Baker ?

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

He had enough of a history for Baker to pick him to be his head coach, and for Dorsey to go along with it.

Baker picking Kitchens as the HC is just a story that folks run with, but has as much validity to it as Sherman's hand shake story.

John Dorsey picked the head coach of the Browns. Was Baker asked his opinion? Most likely. But he wouldnt be the only QB in the league to have that done.  Also, im not here saying that its a bad decision or bad hire, as it's too early to make an assessment either way.

I remember when Frank Reich was 1-5 last year with Luck and that Colts team. How quickly folks changed their tone when by the end of the year they were 10-6 and in the playoffs.

48 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Yes you can. It's still the QB position spoken of here. The game hasnt changed so drastically to the point that 2002 NFL football is an entirely different sport. 

And Baker Mayfield is playing for Freddie Kitchens, a man who doesnt have a history to even criticize. 

It hasn't?

In 2002 Rich Gannon led the NFL in passing yards with 4,689, and a grand total of 4 QB's passed for over 4,000 yards.

In 2018 Ben Rothlisberger led the NFL in passing yards with 5,129, and a grand total of 12 QBs passed for over 4,000 yards with 2 of the QBs being over 5,000 yards.

Oh.... I see what you're saying. Yeah, Yeah nothing has changed in the past 16 years. :roll:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Villain The Foe said:

No, but that beats being benched by a filthy prostitute. 

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

11 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Meh, let me just stop you there. I'd rather not entertain emotions.

Im speaking football. 

Is that you speaking football? LMAO

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

It hasn't?

In 2002 Rich Gannon led the NFL in passing yards with 4,689, and a grand total of 4 QB's passed for over 4,000 yards.

In 2018 Ben Rothlisberger led the NFL in passing yards with 5,129, and a grand total of 12 QBs passed for over 4,000 yards with 2 of the QBs being over 5,000 yards.

Oh.... I see what you're saying. Yeah, Yeah nothing has changed in the past 16 years:roll:

Take a second, and read what what I actually said.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I didn't say that nothing changed, I said that it didnt change drastically to the point where the two are no longer the same.

Instead of comparing the top QB's how about compare the rookies and 2nd year players of that time...which is what comparing Brees and Baker essentially was. Neither of them were putting up Gannon or Roethlisberger MVP-like numbers...but 1st and 2nd year player numbers

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Is that you speaking football? LMAO

No, that's overly speaking about a players poor choice in women.

However, that isnt talking about a one of the forum users. I talk football and at times things related to or about those football players. I dont constantly talk about Jetnation posters personally, talking about things I've claimed they done a year ago that I want to talk about years later because I still have a problem with it.

It's lame to me and I dont entertain it. 

Why is this so difficult? 

Just because folks decide to constantly go down this road doesn't mean I will entertain it.

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

Take a second, and read what what I actually said.

I didn't say that nothing changed, I said that it didnt change drastically to the point where the two are no longer the same.

Instead of comparing the top QB's how about compare the rookies and 2nd year players of that time...which is what comparing Brees and Baker essentially was. Neither of them were putting up Gannon or Roethlisberger MVP-like numbers...but 1st and 2nd year player numbers

I have absolutley no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you do not as well. You just don't know it yet.

If what you are saying is that you want to compare QB stats from 2002 and 2018 and despite the fact that the overall numbers for ALL of the QB's being wildly different with much larger numbers in 2018, you somehow think there is some validity to comparing Brees 2002 to Mayfield 2018, that's just intellectually dishonest and horrifically unscientific.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I have absolutley no idea what you are talking about and I suspect you do not as well. You just don't know it yet.

I pointed it out for you, and bolded it as well. So it seems like I know what im talking about, it's just you who have absolutely no idea...though I've pointed it out for you.

That's a "you" problem. Nothing else for me to do.

• Thumb Down 2

You have yourself a good night, Villain. 

Keep setting us straight. Keep "speaking football" for us. LMAO, I'm out

On 10/7/2019 at 11:00 PM, Villain The Foe said:

No, but that beats being benched by a filthy prostitute. 

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

Meh, let me just stop you there. I'd rather not entertain emotions.

Im speaking football. 

22 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

This is as confirmed as Baker not shaking Sherman’s hand, but it’s ok for you to say it and 14 to upvote it because it’s not something negative about Baker.

Which is why I said "overly".

Im self aware when I exaggerate. Though I dont proclaim it to be true by posting articles to defame someone's character that I dont know.

That's more like forum talk

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Which is why I said "overly".

Im self aware when I exacerbate. Though I dont proclaim it to be true by posting articles to defame someone's character that I dont know.

That's more like forum talk

So when you say Darnold is sitting out because of filthy prostitutes, it’s cool because you’re self aware when you exacerbate because you’re not proclaiming your post to be true? So essentially there is no integrity behind your words? And others knocking Baker is not ok to you but you posting something like that and 14 quietly loving it is cool?

Just want to make sure we’re all on the same page.

16 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

In your opinion, was Baker not a driving force behind Haley and Jackson being let go?

In your opinion, would Dorsey have gone with Kitchens if Baker didn’t want him? 

My opinion is that Jackson was let go for all of the bickering going on with Haley, abd Haley was let go for tryong to undermine Jackson to become head coach. 

In my opinion, John Dorsey does what the hell he wants to do, and has been that way with every team he controlled

Just now, Villain The Foe said:

My opinion is that Jackson was let go for all of the bickering going on with Haley, abd Haley was let go for tryong to undermine Jackson to become head coach. 

In my opinion, John Dorsey does what the hell he wants to do, and has been that way with every team he controlled

So your opinion is proactively absolving Baker from criticism for getting 2 coaches fired and the possibility of failing miserably with the coach that he wanted.

How exceptionally on-brand for you.