Rex: Baker Mayfield “overrated as hell”

Philc1

Just now, Philc1 said:

He wanted Russell Wilson but Woody Johnson wanted his hero Tim Tebow and Tanny drafted Stephen Hill over Wilson in round 2 instead

Great being a jets fan

F'n Stephen Hill. Every time I see his name I'm reminded of the douchey Jets fans that would talk down to you like you hadn't a clue if you didn't think he was about to be a beast.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

F'n Stephen Hill. Every time I see his name I'm reminded of the douchey Jets fans that would talk down to you like you hadn't a clue if you didn't think he was about to be a beast.

Instead of Russell Wilson who Bradway and Rex both pounded the table for we get Tim Tebow and Stephen Hill

YUCK

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

He was overhyped after last season, but he’s still a solid QB. It was always going to be hard for him to live up to the insane expectations. 

Rex needs to calm down, tho 

He broke the rookie record for TD’s in 13 games last year. He definitely isn’t a scrub. He’s still going to be really good. I think the media should stop trying to keep up with who’s the new hot hand from the 2018 QB class and cement their names in before anything is final.

“It’s Baker, no it’s Jackson, no it’s Allen, no it’s Darnold.” 

Lol dumb stuff really. All of them are having ups and downs and it’s not ending right away. There’s some time and experience in between that needs to be had before we say anything.

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

He broke the rookie record for TD’s in 13 games last year. He definitely isn’t a scrub. He’s still going to be really good. I think the media should stop trying to keep up with who’s the new hot hand from the 2018 QB class and cement their names in before anything is final.

Lol dumb stuff really. All of them are having ups and downs and it’s not ending right away. There’s some time and experience in between that needs to be had before we say anything.

Baker was a one read guy last year too he just faced a lot of soft defenses and padded his stats and then he sucked facing good defenses

Teams figured out how to stop him. Even the jets without CJ Mosely and crap DBs and an offense that was never on the field contained Mayfield 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Jets best head coach since Bill Parcells says Mayfield is a “one read guy” who “stares down receivers”

hard to argue he’s wrong

More Rex opinions on QBs??? Seriously, why does his viewpoint mean anything in regards to something he could never properly evaluate. Just because it proves your bias, so now he is right? Give me a break... Ryan is a blow hard that only knew how to coach and scout Defense.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Baker was a one read guy last year too he just faced a lot of soft defenses and padded his stats and then he sucked facing good defenses

Teams figured out how to stop him. Even the jets without CJ Mosely and crap DBs and an offense that was never on the field contained Mayfield 

I watched a lot of Baker last year. I didn’t see one reads? I seen him go through progressions rather well. Kind of hard to stat pad 27 touchdowns, Phil. 

I’m just saying.

• Upvote 3

Just now, Patriot Killa said:

I watched a lot of Baker last year. I didn’t see one reads? I seen him go through progressions rather well. Kind of hard to stat pad 27 touchdowns, Phil. 

I’m just saying.

Baker is about to join RG3, Kaepernick, VY etc hyped up players who flash during their rookie years or early on and then get exposed

He only has a top 5 WR now during his regression

9 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Totally agree.

It’s almost like no one has watched the NFL for more than 6 weeks. 

Fans and media seem to want to completely re-evaluate players after every single week.

While this is a silly exercise with any player, it is particularly stupid with young QBs

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

The Jets best head coach since Bill Parcells says Mayfield is a “one read guy” who “stares down receivers”

hard to argue he’s wrong

Wow. You have waited so patiently for this. I’m impressed. Luckily good number of the Baker fanboys are now Daniel Jones fanboys. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Baker is about to join RG3, Kaepernick, VY etc hyped up players who flash during their rookie years or early on and then get exposed

He only has a top 5 WR now during his regression

Good times. Last time you pulled this was before he was even drafted. You haven’t been able to come out the wood work in awhile until now? it’s on record how you felt about Baker. Your opinion is biased and it’s clear

good to see some of you try to resurrect an “I told you so” so prematurely.