Jamal Adams Draft Position

Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?

• Yes - It is important to remind everyone every time Adams is mentioned.
    • No - What's done is done and I like it when the Jets have good players.

18 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Revis was the most important player on defense for a team that won 4 playoff games in 2 seasons.  

Adams is 10-27 since he arrived and the defense has been below average in that span.  

You, sir, are taking crazy pills.  I'm the one using facts.  

. There were a dozen reasons why we won those playoff games. Revis was only a part of it. Just like any one player who plays on an 11 man unit. Your not using facts. It's intetesting that you didn't mention J.J watt and Jarrett, or a dozen other low ranked defensive units who have some great players on it.

21 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Pac once quoted an article written by an 8th grader from BR.  So clearly that is either incorrect or their hiring policies have changed.  

I never correct this fabrication but at least make it a little more realistic...  I posted an article and shane googled the guy and found a picture from when he was a kid.

But I get it..  The fact that he was a college senior going to Syracuse which has one of the better communications/broadcasting schools in the country isn't as funny as posting a 10 year old pic and calling him an "8th grader".

And the article was also spot.on.

27 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

woudlnt you rather have someone that actually can win the game for us? OL Sack artist? just cause he is good safety doesnt mean he is good draft pick for us. He was not.

What has Chandler Jones done for the Cardinals. Or Von Miller, or Josh Allen. Jaguars still stink. It's a team game. If it wasn't for Adams we might be talking about a Cowboy loss.

37 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I slightly disagree with what you're saying here.  CB1 is a premium position.  

How I would rank the most important positions:

1.  QB

2.  LT

3.  EDGE (and/or pass-rushing DT)

4a/b/c/d.  Rest of OL (basically a tie among all 4 other spots)

5.  CB1

6.  WR1

7.  WR2

I think history and having probably the best CB to play on our team proves it but to answer

1 QB - wins games despite everything else

2 Edge - can win games by not letting that QB win it

3 LT - keeps Qb up and stops 2 from stopping 1 - doesnt have to be best in league to do his job and help you win.

4 ABCD the rest of the line

5 WR1 - see Cooper in Dallas - but worthless if qb cant ge thinm the ball

6 CB1 - hey there is Revis man it was good to have him on the team - he stops WR1 or his side wahtever

7 WR 2

I think RB should be there right after 4 before 5 but anywhere after 4 you could convince me with compelling argument. But look at Bell right now, with out those line men he hasnt been able to really show off yet. But darnold is back so I think he has chance to shine. But it be alot easier if we were spending those draft picks on 1 - 4.

43 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The offense played much better with Darnold at QB. He didn't win the game himself - no one ever does in football. This is just a simple fact that some cannot seem to comprehend for whatever reason. It's unfortunate how often it needs to be pointed out.

IDGAF what draft pick Jamal was taken with. It's done and over with. Sunk cost. The GM who took him is gone and unemployed. We're left with a great player and I like it when the Jets have great players. No where did I ever argue that we should be taking safeties with high first round picks.

Why are you so traumatized by it?

Your not pointing anything out your being a troll. We don't win that game without Darnold. Hell we likely don't win any games this season without him.

YOU CANT comprehend being wrong. you have not argument just some juvenile er it takes a team to win, and there are other players on the field. Ridiculous.

Yeah i understand you don't care what draft pick he was taken at because you don't understand the value of positions in football. The extreme is well lets take a surefire kicker in the 1st round. He is great. I'm glad he is a jet! THAT IS DUMB. So Adams is a great player, I don't care what draft pick i used to get him. That is DUMB. You should care because you are a fan of the team and hopefully like us to win a damn SB. .

I don't think I'm traumatized by it at all. Maybe you agree with me and I missed it. The point of this thread is what Adams a good pick where we took him, the answer is "No". If you agree great, if not then you are wrong.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Your not pointing anything out your being a troll. We don't win that game without Darnold. Hell we likely don't win any games this season without him.

YOU CANT comprehend being wrong. you have not argument just some juvenile er it takes a team to win, and there are other players on the field. Ridiculous.

Yeah i understand you don't care what draft pick he was taken at because you don't understand the value of positions in football. The extreme is well lets take a surefire kicker in the 1st round. He is great. I'm glad he is a jet! THAT IS DUMB. So Adams is a great player, I don't care what draft pick i used to get him. That is DUMB. You should care because you are a fan of the team and hopefully like us to win a damn SB. .

I don't think I'm traumatized by it at all. Maybe you agree with me and I missed it. The point of this thread is what Adams a good pick where we took him, the answer is "No". If you agree great, if not then you are wrong.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000716173/article/nfl-exec-lsus-jamal-adams-will-be-top10-draft-pick

6 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2702148-matt-millers-scouting-notebook-jamal-adams-rising-updated-2-round-mock-draft

16 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

So you figure that because Douglas didn’t draft him he doesn’t know that he’s the best S in the league?  A pro bowl player?

Guessing he’s not signing Darnold using your logic?  QWilliams?

what does what i figure have to do with what douglas ends up doing with adams?? 

do you know what douglas' beliefs on how much value the SS position has??

perhaps douglas could see that money to re sign "the best S in football" better spent on the OL??

• WTF? 1

8 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

https://www.si.com/mmqb/2016/11/30/nfl-draft-2017-jamal-adams-lsu-top-safety-ryan-clark-tyrann-mathieu

10 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Take a hike. You haven't a clue.http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000798217/article/mts-notebook-jamal-adams-is-top-prospect-in-2017-nfl-draft

17 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802870/article/2017-mike-mayock-mock-draft-two-qbmotivated-trades

21 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2017-nfl-mock-draft-three-round-mock-includes-15-trades-seven-quarterbacks/

32 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

perhaps douglas could see that money to re sign "the best S in football" better spent on the OL??

Because you made the statement.  And no one should ever think that because he didn't draft Adams he wins pay him.  That's not close to true and it makes no sense on any level.  You want to really argue this? It's like saying we won't sign any FAs because we didn't draft them. 

Stop already

13 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Because you made the statement.  And no one should ever think that because he didn't draft Adams he wins pay him.  That's not close to true and it makes no sense on any level.  You want to really argue this? It's like saying we won't sign any FAs because we didn't draft them. 

Stop already

LOLz good advice!! tired of you twisting yourself up to twist up my words..

waiter, check please..

1 hour ago, genot said:

BURN....

Look I know but its not smart. If we didnt take him another team did. My point is we shoudl let other teams have him and get guys like may in the second...well thats not true as described elsewhere I just think we need to draft high quality guy in that play higher level importance postitions...

But your point is well taken, I just think we should draft smarter and focus on guys that win games for us not just make us look good. Bake the pizza with 1st rounder and get the toppings like adams with the later round picks. You  can win more games with later picked safeties than later picked OL,, QBs and edge guys

1 hour ago, jetgreen13 said:

Im betting that Douglas realizes because he has seen what it takes to win in this league that you spend high draft capital on guys that can win games not one the best safety or CB every year

1 hour ago, genot said:

you posts actually show that you in fact sir do not have any clue. You are arguing that taking Adams was a good 1st round pick. Every game he has plays shows you that he is not. And just because people see that his talent would make him picked in the 1st round you link to, doesnt change the fact that picked those positions in the first round is dumb. You should spend first round picks on high quality important positions...like we did with darnold.

You dont want to hear this but picking a guy like Sanchez in first is much better than picking Adams. Because the effect that position has on the team. No one really knows who is going to hit. Draft is literally a lottery, most time you miss and that is ok. But if you settle for non impact players in the first round, then you get what you ask for non impact players that might not hit and even if they do, what is it good for? Adams can be replaced by a guy off the street, sure not as good, but over all not too much worse.

Am i just crazy? Does this not make sense? It seems so obvious. QB more important that Safety or alot of other positions. Spend first on QB, T, etc.. 

• Sympathy 2

4 minutes ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Im betting that Douglas realizes because he has seen what it takes to win in this league that you spend high draft capital on guys that can win games not one the best safety or CB every year

can't forget DTs.. no shot at q williams.. he didn't draft us & he looks like he can play..

4 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Totally incorrect.

The object of the game is to make the playoffs and win a super bowl.

If you are using very high draft resources on guys who do not have a huge impact on winning you are failing and worse yet the other teams you are competing against select those players.

Your stance makes a guy like mccagnan last 5 years or more.

We get it. Maccagnan was an awful GM. He is gone. It's completely irrelevant where Adams and Maye were drafted when we play the Patriots and every team thereafter.   

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

BURN....

Look I know but its not smart. If we didnt take him another team did. My point is we shoudl let other teams have him and get guys like may in the second...well thats not true as described elsewhere I just think we need to draft high quality guy in that play higher level importance postitions...

But your point is well taken, I just think we should draft smarter and focus on guys that win games for us not just make us look good. Bake the pizza with 1st rounder and get the toppings like adams with the later round picks. You  can win more games with later picked safeties than later picked OL,, QBs and edge guys

Yea. But you make it seem like such a clear cut dumb pick. The reason why i posted so many articles was to show you and some others, it's not. I could have posted alot more. You think the Bears are happy now they traded to get that QB. If they didn't do that, it would have been adams, for sure. Look at all the busts who were picked in the top ten that year. We're fortunate.