Jamal Adams Draft Position

Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?  

104 members have voted

1. 1. Do You Give A Flying F What Position Adams Was Drafted?

• Yes - It is important to remind everyone every time Adams is mentioned.
    • No - What's done is done and I like it when the Jets have good players.

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The money we'd be spending on Jamal could easily be spent on 2 starting interior OL.  

OR, if a pass rusher/Corner/WR comes available that you DO like, you spend it there.

Basically spending on Adams takes away options to spend on premium positions.  I don't know WHO will be available in FA the next couple offseasons or how the draft plays out, but you just don't spend $14M per on Adams, who will never be more than the 4th most important player on the defense.  Build the defense around Mosley.  Spend money and heavy draft capital on offense.  

Yeah, but what I broke down for you kind of shows he really doesnt...

Whatevs.  I was more so just thinking out loud.  Dont have a real opinion one way or the other.  

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Every time I point out that Jamal Adams' fanboys are easily triggered, they deny it.  Then threads like these happen.  

I really enjoy your posts, but you are just as easily "triggered" by Jamal Adams talk as much as anyone that defends him.  You average about 80 posts per Adams discussion.  

An article from yesterday with proposed trade for the Jets and Seahawks.......

https://12thmanrising.com/2019/10/15/seahawks-trade-jamal-adams/2/

My Proposed Trade:

Seahawks Receive:

Jamal Adams

2020 5th round pick

Jets Receive:

2020 1st round pick

2020 2nd round pick (KC)

DE Branden Jackson

The Seahawks Trade Verdict

Point: Jamal Adams is on his rookie deal for 3 more seasons if (when) the 5th year option is picked up. If they can grab him for under 2 first round picks, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Counterpoint: Outside of potentially changing the locker room dynamic the Jets would have to be out of their minds to trade Adams. The defense should be built around him, not the other way around. The Jets need to find a way to keep him happy, and fast.

Trade Meter: (1 being extremely unlikely, 10 being a near done deal) I would give this a 2.

While this trade would make sense on multitudes of levels for the Seahawks, there is absolutely no chance I would trade Jamal Adams period if I were the Jets GM. Adams is a player that every team dreams about landing in the draft. To trade him away just 2 years into his rookie deal would be suicide for the new Jets GM and his job security.

• Upvote 1

It no longer matters at all where Adams was picked, and who was passed over for him.  That is old news.

What matters now is whether it will be worth the money to sign Adams long term.   

Mosley, Leo and Trumaine are currently making a lot of money.  Leo will not next year.   In three years it could be Mosley, Adams and another CB.  That should work.  Mosley will run off not too far into Adams contract.   The reason the Jets can pay all of these secondary players is because they don’t pay the QB.  

Whether the Jets could afford to pay a S $12mm (less than Leo makes now) is really up to whether they can effectively draft the other players the defense needs. 

7 minutes ago, prime21 said:

Trade Meter: (1 being extremely unlikely, 10 being a near done deal) I would give this a 2.

While this trade would make sense on multitudes of levels for the Seahawks, there is absolutely no chance I would trade Jamal Adams period if I were the Jets GM. Adams is a player that every team dreams about landing in the draft. To trade him away just 2 years into his rookie deal would be suicide for the new Jets GM and his job security.

echo?

is there an echo in this room??

• Upvote 1

Oh, and the answer is actually both.

Adams is here and a good player, so that's all that matters at the particular moment, since he's already here and not a damn thing we can do about it right now.

Adams was also an idiotic draft pick by an idiotic GM that continued to delay any chance this team had of showing an real improvement.  Odds are he will never be able to live up to his draft spot, which despite endless attempts to pretend otherwise, will always have meaning for a player as long as they are still with the team that drafted them.

In the end, Adams himself shouldn't be held responsible for the incompetence of those running the show, but there's still reasons not to be happy with the choice made, and his constant failure to live up to his own self-hype is only going to grate on people even more when that's the case.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

lol.  So because Hackenberg was such a disaster, he wasn't going to take another QB?  Come on.  There's no comparison to be made between Hackenberg and Watson/Mahomes as prospects.  Hackenberg wasn't even draftable based on his college resume.  

The funny thing is it's actually the complete opposite.  It wasn't because of the failure, but rather Maccagnan was so desperate for Hackenberg to work out, he refused to even look at anyone else at the QB position at all.  Despite how (relatively) well McCown played that year, his presence was nothing but insurance, only bringing in a guy they knew they could have ride the bench just as long as Hack didn't end up looking like the most incompetent of QBs of all time.  No such luck though.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Bleedin Green said:

The funny thing is it's actually the complete opposite.  It wasn't because of the failure, but rather Maccagnan was so desperate for Hackenberg to work out, he refused to even look at anyone else at the QB position at all.  Despite how (relatively) well McCown played that year, his presence was nothing but insurance, only bringing in a guy they knew they could have ride the bench just as long as Hack didn't end up looking like the most incompetent of QBs of all time.  No such luck though.

I hate Maccagnan as much as the next guy, but we really don't know if passing on Watson or Mahomes had anything at all to do with Hackenberg. It just as easily could have been they didnt love either of them. Not saying that was right or wrong, but its possibility. There were rumblings they loved Trubiski, which would make sense based on their ineptitude. But the idea that they passed on Mahomes and Watson for Hackenberg, after they saw a year of him, and literally did nothing with him, is not fact, its nothing more than an opinion. All the we should have drafted Mahomes talk is a bit revisionist at this point. He was seen as a really high ceiling, really low floor guy. Most people felt that after the Hackenberg debacle, you needed to take a guy with a higher floor, that would have been Watson at the time. It also wasnt considered a great QB draft class by almost anyone at the time, and almost everyone thought the Darnold class would be much better, even though it may prove to be the opposite.

2 hours ago, Pac said:

All I know is it's going to be awesome when Douglas makes Jamall Pro the highest paid S in the league.  Rightfully so.  The tears from the vocal minority will feel like a warm bath on a winter night.

You have a long track record of celebrating stupid moves by the GM. I'm sure you will be in your glory. 

• Upvote 1

Who would you rather have drafted at 2 Marcus Mariota or Landon Collins? Or Ereck Flowers or Brandon Scherff? 

A QB that has sucked and is being replaced, a OT the has given up more pressure and penalties then any OT I can think us or a SS that’s made numerous pro bowls or an OG that’s made numerous pro bowls.

You can either play or you can’t. 

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

My Proposed Trade:

Seahawks Receive:

Jamal Adams

2020 5th round pick

Jets Receive:

2020 1st round pick

2020 2nd round pick (KC)

DE Branden Jackson

Point: Jamal Adams is on his rookie deal for 3 more seasons if (when) the 5th year option is picked up. If they can grab him for under 2 first round picks, I would jump on it in a heartbeat.

Counterpoint: Outside of potentially changing the locker room dynamic the Jets would have to be out of their minds to trade Adams. The defense should be built around him, not the other way around. The Jets need to find a way to keep him happy, and fast.

1. The guy who wrote this is named “Geoff.”

2. I forgot what #2 is.

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

My Proposed Trade:

Seahawks Receive:

Jamal Adams

2020 5th round pick

Jets Receive:

2020 1st round pick

2020 2nd round pick (KC)

DE Branden Jackson

Trade our best defensive player and we need another DE. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Since it is brought up ... frequently

Dude what is the purpose of this? You bored? You really want to start ANOTHER Jamal Adams draft position thread? Where he was drafted isn't really on him it's on Macc in the first place. Whatever.

6 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I bet we can all guess those who care.  

Don't care about his draft position, but do care long term what his salary is going to be. Weddle, Mathieu et al-safeties who are as good-come on the market every offseason. May be willing to pay Adams a bit above market, but no more. if he can find someone to ridiculously overpay him, Vaya Con Dios, Jamal, let's get a compensatory pick or trade him. 

• Sympathy 1

3 hours ago, prime21 said:

My Proposed Trade:

Seahawks Receive:

Jamal Adams

2020 5th round pick

Jets Receive:

2020 1st round pick

2020 2nd round pick (KC)

DE Branden Jackson

Mom's basement has been heard from, I'm duly advised.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2