College Gameday Thread 10/26

Lith

3 hours ago, Lith said:

Nice play, but Nix looks lost and flustered out there.  I thought he was a decent QB prospect earlier in the season, but the LSU defense has him rattled today.

I agree. I wasn’t as won over by his gunslinger approach as others. Saw more Cutler than Favre. That said I’ve warmed up to him since then - but as you outlined he’s got some areas he’s going to need to develop and grow into before he can taken seriously by an NFL team. 

3 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I agree. I wasn’t as won over by his gunslinger approach as others. Saw more Cutler than Favre. That said I’ve warmed up to him since then - but as you outlined he’s got some areas he’s going to need to develop and grow into before he can taken seriously by an NFL team. 

Please, don;t use that dudes name in the same breath as favre or cutler.  Nix stinks.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Sad situation they paid Liberty $1 million to play them today. Rutgers needs a fix and quick. 

It's actually very common for schools from the big conferences to pay small schools up to 1 million to come play and give the big schools a free easy home win. Otherwise, schools like liberty have no reason to play at Rutgers (unless Rutgers also agreed to play at liberty).

The joke coming into this week was that Liberty was actually a 7pt favorite.  I've never seen that happen before. 

• Upvote 1